Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any idea of beta/release dates ?

2»

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Volumends
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

My guess:

Landmark - open beta in late 2014, release in beggining of 2015

EQ:N - aplha middle 2015, closed beta end of 2015, open beta/release beggining of 2016

Landmark release is 2nd 1/4 this year. Its just around the corner. 

https://forums.station.sony.com/landmark/index.php?threads/the-new-improved-blueprint-updated-5-23-14.34413/

I don't think you are right. They have planned route to august. So 2 months from now. But from what I read it doesn't look like a finished game. Or am I missing something or I have old infos?

Im not sure, but all statements have been released 2nd 1/4. If it ends up in 3rd not a big deals. Just feels like so much focus has been taken off ENQ with Landmark being in the way. The question is, will it really help them build EQN faster. Im not sure but some of the work gamers are doing is mind blowing. Im just not sure... My only hope is this makes EQN a better game, with this being almost a test of the game and its flaws can be fixed before they are released in ENQ. But is it worth the wait? <<<shrugs>>>

• VolumendsVolumends Member UncommonPosts: 41

Yes, it is. There is nothing to play for me at the moment.

I'm only worried that for eg:n/landmark you will need super-pc because even with my quite strong laptop I run landmark for low-medium details and have problems sometimes. But It is only in beta now, we will se later.

MSI GE70 - i7-4700MQ, GeForce GT 750M, 8gb ram, 750gb 7200RPM HDD and 128gb SSD

Yes, it is. There is nothing to play for me at the moment.

I'm only worried that for eg:n/landmark you will need super-pc because even with my quite strong laptop I run landmark for low-medium details and have problems sometimes. But It is only in beta now, we will se later.

Game optimization is something I have not yet see them even talk about. Thing is with most games, when they design things, dev do so in a way with thinking about the load on a PC to load a 3D image. Players in Landmark only care about things looking awesome. Over do lighting and the such and kill your PC doing it lol. Not sure how SoE devs are going to deal with this lol

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Originally posted by SupaAPE
    Originally posted by DMKano

My guess - won't see EQNext launch til 2017.

My other guess - EQN will not be anywhere near what they promised in 2013 - I mean not even close.

I would love to be wrong - I really would in this case.

you're being pessimistic, and your prediction is totally out of whack, dude if landmark is out and functional, why on earth do u think they need 3 more years to roll out EQN?

that's just silly 

Well I wonder as well. SoE live last year we were told we were going to see EQN, not a demo but something playable. Didnt happen. With a release date of 2014 now changed to 2015. Landmark was to build EQN and it seems they are only now getting to building Dark Elves. Still have a lot of races to go. My personal guess at this point is late 2014 if things go really well. Early 2016 would not seem unreasonable. 

I don't remember them saying those things at last years SOE Live. Any links?

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by Allein

My other guess - EQN will not be anywhere near what they promised in 2013 - I mean not even close.

you're being pessimistic, and your prediction is totally out of whack, dude if landmark is out and functional, why on earth do u think they need 3 more years to roll out EQN?

that's just silly 

Well I wonder as well. SoE live last year we were told we were going to see EQN, not a demo but something playable. Didnt happen. With a release date of 2014 now changed to 2015. Landmark was to build EQN and it seems they are only now getting to building Dark Elves. Still have a lot of races to go. My personal guess at this point is late 2014 if things go really well. Early 2016 would not seem unreasonable. 

I can cover the part that's marked in red. (2 pages back in this thread.)

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6364073#6364073

About the release years, 2014 and 2015 are news to me. Never heard or read it anywhere until now. I've read a lot of speculation and I've presented my own speculation as well.

Originally posted by Storm_Cloud

that's just silly 

About the release years, 2014 and 2015 are news to me. Never heard or read it anywhere until now. I've read a lot of speculation and I've presented my own speculation as well.

2014 was their target said at SoE live last year, common known. A little while ago in Redit interview John Smedley was asked when EQN was coming out and he said maybe sometime 2015

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    I highly doubt we will see it before 2016 considering we still know almost nothing about the game and they are still working heavily on Landmark.
  • MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218
    Tomorrow 

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

Originally posted by sirphobos
    I highly doubt we will see it before 2016 considering we still know almost nothing about the game and they are still working heavily on Landmark.

Thats common with MMOs, Knowing almost nothing till 3-6 months before release. 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

i'm expecting late 2014 for Landmark

SOE will not announce open beta dates until Landmark is feature complete

some of these features are not on their "dated" summer blueprint yet

Producer letter, 03/25/2014

https://forums.station.sony.com/landmark/index.php?threads/producers-letter.26022/

let’s talk about Closed Beta and what you can expect. Closed Beta is going to be similar in nature to Alpha, but it will be a longer phase with some of the major features being introduced in to the game. We’ll be adding Combat (which includes damage, death, and risk), the crafting overhaul we’ve talked about on the forums, Player Studio, caves, water (both static and dynamic), loot (heck yeah!), SOEMote, a journal to track your progression, achievements, collections, an improved map, salvaging, guilds, ley lines, pvp, and more! We’ll be updating The Blueprint (formerly the roadmap) regularly so that everyone knows our plans and priorities!

We haven’t announced a date for Open Beta yet, and we won’t until we have everything in the game we want and we’re sure we’re ready for it. As soon as we know though, we’ll make sure you do too!

in the 06/24 feature blueprint

it seems combat will not be in game before SOE Live

https://forums.station.sony.com/landmark/index.php?threads/the-new-improved-blueprint-updated-6-24-14.34413/

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

that's just silly 

2014 was their target said at SoE live last year, common known. A little while ago in Redit interview John Smedley was asked when EQN was coming out and he said maybe sometime 2015

LOL!

Smed is bullet proof! He has proven just that, time and time again. It doesn't matter what he says, he can brush off his shirt like it was dusty from all bullets filled with criticism coming his way because of what he has said that didn't hold water. A modern day superman in a suit, if you will.

Anyways, I'll take his 2015 and raise with 2016 alpha, early access. Exactly what they did with Landmark. Do you want in? Then once again open up that wallet/purse of yours. A full release, March 2017. :)

EDIT! : Actually Smed, if you read this. If you're so into hype then you make a T-Shirt for yourself that says "A modern day superman!" and wear for all to see. That should hype things for quite some time. :) lol

• VolumendsVolumends Member UncommonPosts: 41

new info about landmark:

https://forums.station.sony.com/landmark/index.php?threads/the-new-improved-blueprint-updated-6-24-14.34413/

Week of aug 14 is SOE live. I bet they will add combat system. It seems like open beta could be in 10th or 11th month.

MSI GE70 - i7-4700MQ, GeForce GT 750M, 8gb ram, 750gb 7200RPM HDD and 128gb SSD

that's just silly 

LOL!

Smed is bullet proof! He has proven just that, time and time again. It doesn't matter what he says, he can brush off his shirt like it was dusty from all bullets filled with criticism coming his way because of what he has said that didn't hold water. A modern day superman in a suit, if you will.

Anyways, I'll take his 2015 and raise with 2016 alpha, early access. Exactly what they did with Landmark. Do you want in? Then once again open up that wallet/purse of yours. A full release, March 2017. :)

EDIT! : Actually Smed, if you read this. If you're so into hype then you make a T-Shirt for yourself that says "A modern day superman!" and wear for all to see. That should hype things for quite some time. :) lol

Heaven help us, we cant put stock in the word of the man who is in charge of everything there. He can be a little nutty at times but he still knows better then anyone on this forum, when it comes to SoE games.

that's just silly 

In January 2013, Smed said "there would be a release version." This was before SOE Live, EQN's reveal, Landmark's reveal, etc. Seems things changed from Jan to Aug. I'm going to assume that they didn't have EQ3 almost ready to go and he was actually talking about Landmark, which did come close to being "released" by the end of 2013.

At SOE Live, they did show a "demo" of EQN, which the devs were "playing" although it was obviously scripted and not real game play.

I may be mistaken, but I do not remember anyone saying at/during SOE Live 2013 that EQN would be released in 2014, be it Alpha, Beta, finished product. After revealing Landmark, would seem foolish to say such a thing. "We haven't even completed the tools to build the world, but we'll have the game out in year or so...no worries guys"

Again though, if you have a link to an article, interview, video, anything that says they planned to release EQN in 2014, I'll accept it. Not that is matters much now =)

Smed did say 2015 for EQN on his AMA, but just like his Jan comment, SWG ---> H1Z1 comments, and a list of things he has said/done over the years, I don't really take them at face value. He may be in charge, but he is not making these games. He may set the deadline, doesn't mean they will be met. Dave's E3 comment about his "Boss says it will be" in reference to EQN being on the PS4 tells me how things are.

Smed says something that may or may not be reality, flip a coin to choose. Could be something he is pushing for and would like to see, doesn't magically make it happen. As seen with H1Z1 that he is much more invested in, it appears. They set a loose deadline on the early release and have now gone way over and backed tracked to "when it's ready." 

• MarknMarkn Member UncommonPosts: 307
    After SOE Live 2014 we will see an alpha.  Actual release mid 2015.  Look how long Landmark Alpha/beta has lasted.  

that's just silly 

In January 2013, Smed said "there would be a release version." This was before SOE Live, EQN's reveal, Landmark's reveal, etc. Seems things changed from Jan to Aug. I'm going to assume that they didn't have EQ3 almost ready to go and he was actually talking about Landmark, which did come close to being "released" by the end of 2013.

At SOE Live, they did show a "demo" of EQN, which the devs were "playing" although it was obviously scripted and not real game play.

I may be mistaken, but I do not remember anyone saying at/during SOE Live 2013 that EQN would be released in 2014, be it Alpha, Beta, finished product. After revealing Landmark, would seem foolish to say such a thing. "We haven't even completed the tools to build the world, but we'll have the game out in year or so...no worries guys"

Again though, if you have a link to an article, interview, video, anything that says they planned to release EQN in 2014, I'll accept it. Not that is matters much now =)

Smed did say 2015 for EQN on his AMA, but just like his Jan comment, SWG ---> H1Z1 comments, and a list of things he has said/done over the years, I don't really take them at face value. He may be in charge, but he is not making these games. He may set the deadline, doesn't mean they will be met. Dave's E3 comment about his "Boss says it will be" in reference to EQN being on the PS4 tells me how things are.

Smed says something that may or may not be reality, flip a coin to choose. Could be something he is pushing for and would like to see, doesn't magically make it happen. As seen with H1Z1 that he is much more invested in, it appears. They set a loose deadline on the early release and have now gone way over and backed tracked to "when it's ready." 

1st, they said a working game of EQN not Landmark and thats what people were waiting for. As for info click the links in the post you quoted. Also we didnt see a working demo. Mobs were set up like bowling pins. Was not even combat. I love SoE and I love Everquest but the info on this game has been miss leading and painful from a fan of EQ. They need to get their act together. Working copy of the game my butt, even Landmark was not a working copy of that game back then.

1st, they said a working game of EQN not Landmark and thats what people were waiting for. As for info click the links in the post you quoted. Also we didnt see a working demo. Mobs were set up like bowling pins. Was not even combat. I love SoE and I love Everquest but the info on this game has been miss leading and painful from a fan of EQ. They need to get their act together. Working copy of the game my butt, even Landmark was not a working copy of that game back then.

"Players will get their hands on an actual release version of what we're doing late [this] year - and I don't mean a beta," says Smedley. January 24, 2013

That was in reference to what they were working on, about 7 months before SOE Live. He could of meant EQN, Landmark, or just been talking to talk. No idea, not sure it has ever been cleared up.

I'm guessing he meant Landmark, as we have seen that is what they have focused on and have been for quite a while. Couldn't exactly say it for the interview. You are assuming he meant EQN, when it should be painfully obvious EQN isn't anywhere near ready. Remember when SOE talks about EQN and Landmark, they refer to them as the same game sometimes, we are the ones that try our hardest to make them disconnected.

While they did miss the "late this year" mark, it did make it in earlier this year.

Fans did get their hands on a "release version" of the early stages of EQN in the form of Landmark. Even called it Alpha, not beta so again he wasn't off there. To me it is semantics and they always come in to play when hype and gaming are concerned. Release as in finished product or as in people can play it? By using beta, could of been alluding to SOE going in a totally new direction and letting players in at "alpha" where most would of assumed it would be a feature complete beta later in the year.

You said that 2014 was the target and date given at SOE Live, neither the article from January or anything at SOE Live said that, if my memory is correct. Just trying to clarify if I missed it somewhere.

If he did mean EQN itself would be playable, maybe he meant a very very early release aka Landmark, but it hadn't been thought to make it a separate game at that point, which makes the most sense to me. At this time, Landmark is still very much a pre-Alpha of sorts for EQN. Wouldn't exactly be too hard to connect the dots.

As I said, it was a "demo" (using quotes to show it wasn't really) might of just been a tech demo and not real game play, but we got a glimpse into movement, mobs, combat, skills, characters, world, etc. Yes it was scripted and not too mind blowing but it beats concept art on a piece of paper.

If you are a fan of EQ, you should know by now not to listen to Smedley. Sad but true. Also wouldn't get my hopes up based on one comment on one article from one person over half a year before any real details are given. Same goes for the 2015 date from his AMA. His response to a random person on Reddit =/= fact. Could be their goal, doesn't mean they are bound to it.

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492

"Players will get their hands on an actual release version of what we're doing late [this] year - and I don't mean a beta," says Smedley. January 24, 2013

That was in reference to what they were working on, about 7 months before SOE Live. He could of meant EQN, Landmark, or just been talking to talk. No idea, not sure it has ever been cleared up.

I'm guessing he meant Landmark, as we have seen that is what they have focused on and have been for quite a while. Couldn't exactly say it for the interview. You are assuming he meant EQN, when it should be painfully obvious EQN isn't anywhere near ready. Remember when SOE talks about EQN and Landmark, they refer to them as the same game sometimes, we are the ones that try our hardest to make them disconnected.

While they did miss the "late this year" mark, it did make it in earlier this year.

Fans did get their hands on a "release version" of the early stages of EQN in the form of Landmark. Even called it Alpha, not beta so again he wasn't off there. To me it is semantics and they always come in to play when hype and gaming are concerned. Release as in finished product or as in people can play it? By using beta, could of been alluding to SOE going in a totally new direction and letting players in at "alpha" where most would of assumed it would be a feature complete beta later in the year.

You said that 2014 was the target and date given at SOE Live, neither the article from January or anything at SOE Live said that, if my memory is correct. Just trying to clarify if I missed it somewhere.

If he did mean EQN itself would be playable, maybe he meant a very very early release aka Landmark, but it hadn't been thought to make it a separate game at that point, which makes the most sense to me. At this time, Landmark is still very much a pre-Alpha of sorts for EQN. Wouldn't exactly be too hard to connect the dots.

As I said, it was a "demo" (using quotes to show it wasn't really) might of just been a tech demo and not real game play, but we got a glimpse into movement, mobs, combat, skills, characters, world, etc. Yes it was scripted and not too mind blowing but it beats concept art on a piece of paper.

If you are a fan of EQ, you should know by now not to listen to Smedley. Sad but true. Also wouldn't get my hopes up based on one comment on one article from one person over half a year before any real details are given.

Regardless of if he was talking about EQN or Landmark the point is it has been misleading.  He could have said you will see Landmark in 2014 and EQN in 2015 or whatever but the comment was vague as to what was being referenced and the info on the status of EQN has been light at best.

Sure they are releasing polls about the elves but nothing is being said that in 2014/2015 or when we will finally see a true demo or alpha or beta or release will happen.  From the way I see it at best we might see alpha mid 2015 and maybe beta early 2016.

Originally posted by cerulean2012

Regardless of if he was talking about EQN or Landmark the point is it has been misleading.  He could have said you will see Landmark in 2014 and EQN in 2015 or whatever but the comment was vague as to what was being referenced and the info on the status of EQN has been light at best.

Sure they are releasing polls about the elves but nothing is being said that in 2014/2015 or when we will finally see a true demo or alpha or beta or release will happen.  From the way I see it at best we might see alpha mid 2015 and maybe beta early 2016.

Very true. Maybe others haven't learned or had the chance to have their hopes dashed before, but I have enough experience in gaming, especially with SOE-EQ-Smed to know not to take anything at face value. Until I see it or at least more then just one sentence in a random article, I'm not going to believe it as fact.

He is misleading and I have no clue if what he said was taken out of context, he didn't know what he was talking about, or simply said something incorrectly due to not being able to speak freely.

It should be clear by looking at Landmark, that unless they have a ton of stuff made already, the game is a ways off. They are building a strong foundation that most games totally neglect. Everyone wants them to rush out all the pretty classes/races and what not, but I'd rather the world and what those races/classes can do to be a bit more quality then what I'm used to.

I think many just want the chicken dinner, but SOE is still building the chicken coop. I'd rather they go the all natural route and make the bestest chickens in the whole wide world, while others are like screw it, give me a hormone injected monster now!

SOE Live is just around the corner, I'm hoping we get a better glimpse into the game and future. They caught everyone off guard with Landmark and it is what it is at this point. Had a year with Landmark, hopefully it's time for see some sort of shift to EQN. Already seen this with the Dark Elves and Landmark. It is happening.