Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powerful E3 Cinematic Trailer for 'The Division.'

spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

The E3 Cinematic Trailer for 'The Division'

Honestly, for a pre-rendered clip, it does an amazing job of giving this game an emotional backstory.

just, WOW! Maybe I'm just a sap since I had kids.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
www.spankybus.com
-3d Artist & Compositor
-Writer
-Professional Amature

Comments

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I like the time lapse way of telling the backstory.

But I have to say Im kinda indifferent to the overall mood of the video. It just felt like another post apocalyptic "fight the powers that be" trailer.

For me its going to be hard to top, in my opinion, The Last of Us. Even thought that game had an oppressive regime they went beyond that "easy road" and made it about the good and bad in people, and not about a political ideal.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Originally posted by Hokie

I like the time lapse way of telling the backstory.

But I have to say Im kinda indifferent to the overall mood of the video. It just felt like another post apocalyptic "fight the powers that be" trailer.

For me its going to be hard to top, in my opinion, The Last of Us. Even thought that game had an oppressive regime they went beyond that "easy road" and made it about the good and bad in people, and not about a political ideal.

You know, I have to agree with your point about the political motive...I personally think it was a mistake on their part by revealing the origin of the pandemic...I feel those kinds of details should be revealed organically through gameplay. Why should I know that already...moreover, if society had completely broken down...who could possibly know how it happened, unless they are responsible.

Like the movie 'The Road' which last of Us steals from heavily,  you never find out what happened to the world...you just see people dealing with it. Too much information up front can be a bad thing.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature