Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TOR VS TESO. What would be a better choice for $9.99?

2»

Comments

• InnkwellInnkwell Member Posts: 59

Oh you mean like how Wildstar was 20% off before it even came out.

The $30.00 amazon order was for the hard copy, not digital. As someone who worked for a wholesale supply company that had 2 distribution warehouses devoted STRICTLY to amazon good, I can tell you that amazon frequently buys things and then sells them for less then what they bought it for, its an  inventory holding/tax/market analysis scheme they have been doing since their inception. The reason they are 30$ is because they bought too many and can't push the product. 

Does this mean that ESO sales aren't doing as well as they could be?

of course.

Does that mean the game is shit???

As someone who played EQ2 for 5 years I see ESO having a ton of potential and I really enjoy the things it does differently and am still enjoying my time in the game.

( vet leveling could be more forgiving but It's not as bad as some would make it out to be)

OR is it that the community that these types of games thrive on is, unfortunately nowadays mostly made up of WoW-era players who don't want ESO online at all.... they want WoW 2.0 ( which is why i do see Wildstar becoming very successful, even if I don't particularly enjoy it. it gives the people who didn't play wow in its heyday the opportunity to strike out anew in the same fashion as we nerds did way back in the day. WoW, or any other game for  that matter. )

Enjoy what you play, but can we all agree that the "grass is Greener" argument has been done to death. and just say " I like this style and you like that style."

• SetzerSetzer Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Originally posted by Gable

2) Wildstar DID live up to the hype, in case you missed it.

Heh. Wildstar was a huge letdown for me and adds nothing new to the genre.  It's just another WoW clone....like we didn't need any more of those.

To the OP,  If you can get TESO for $10 I'd pick it up while it's still on sale.  You get 30 days free to check it out and you can decide for yourself if you want to continue with a sub.  I would also download SWTOR as its f2p and a solid game.  Both games have great story, gameplay and plenty to do in both PvE and PvP.....but I think SWTOR is more polished.

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    Originally posted by Innkwell

Why are people so oblivious.....

NOWHERE IS ESO SOLD FOR $10.00 ( there is a 30.00 hard copy on amazon)

Its like  you people don't do any research..... of any kind......ever. 

Please stop trolling this game, its much better then the rap it gets and its much better the the trolls who create infinite hatred post about it.

It's factual, not trolling.  ESO is 10 bucks at the 2 Walmarts near where I live.  That's about 85% down from the retail value in 2 months.  It's a horrible sign when a game 2 months after release is selling for the same price as a game that has been released for 2 years and is actually F2P now...lol.