Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rogue and Ninja announced!

ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Square enix e3 stream just confirmed 2.4 new class and job- rogue and ninja. 

Also confirmed 2.3 will have a "Hard" version of binding coils. 

Played-Everything
Playing-LoL

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Sweet! My coworker was waiting for ninja. Now he's gonna buy the game heh

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Sweet! My coworker was waiting for ninja. Now he's gonna buy the game heh

I might have to return to this game very soon after these announcements. Loved the progression content and story, haven't played since 2.1 though.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Originally posted by Chrisbox
    Originally posted by Foomerang Sweet! My coworker was waiting for ninja. Now he's gonna buy the game heh
    I might have to return to this game very soon after these announcements. Loved the progression content and story, haven't played since 2.1 though.  

TBH I can't stand the combat in this game haha. But I absolutely love just about everything else (and theres a ton of everything else)

Im just glad I get to play with more people :)

Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by Foomerang Sweet! My coworker was waiting for ninja. Now he's gonna buy the game heh

TBH I can't stand the combat in this game haha. But I absolutely love just about everything else (and theres a ton of everything else)

Im just glad I get to play with more people :)

One of the best things about FFXIV-Yoshi P.

I can certainly see why so many don't like the combat, but as a huge MMO fan and final fantasy fan they couldn't have blended the two any better in my opinion. I believe FFXI's was just too un-interactive for an MMO. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

One of the best things about FFXIV-Yoshi P.

I completely agree.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I missed it, did they say anything about another job branching out from Rogue?  Or about what role Ninja will fulfill?
    Originally posted by Kajidourden
    I missed it, did they say anything about another job branching out from Rogue?  Or about what role Ninja will fulfill?

If I heard correctly they said eventually there will be another branch out of rogue and that the ninja will be dps. Was somewhat surprised they didn't make it tank.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

Other things of note:

- The "marriage" (coupling) system will not have any limitations between race, creed or sex.  Couples may even get mounts where both can ride them at the same time.

- They showed off a concept image of the Workshop for Free Company houses and explained that something the size of the airship will be able to fit in there via magic.  (some kind of shrinking system as it comes into the Workshop and it expands as it goes into the world)

- Personal Housing to come before 2.4.

- Hinted at a special item that can only be obtained from a purchased ticket for the upcoming Fan Fest.

- Shiva's story will start in 2.3 but she won't actually be introduced until later.

- Frontlines will take place in Carteneau Flats and this area will be opened up in 2.3.  (Carteneau Flats was the site of the battle for the opening trailer for ARR)

- They may introduce dueling as a means to gauge your damage for PvP activities.  (probably going to be restricted to Wolves' Den)

- They're coming up with some content for 2.4 for Free Companies to do.  Not necessarily something that 100 people can participate in, but things that can be broken down into smaller tasks.  (they really seem scared to introduce anything larger than 8 man content as they feel it will inconvenience smaller FCs)

Stay tuned for the Japanese Letter from the Live Producer on Thursday.  I get the feeling they saved some stuff for it, even though they said the focus of it is for 2.3 content.

Originally posted by nbtscan

Other things of note:

- The "marriage" (coupling) system will not have any limitations between race, creed or sex.  Couples may even get mounts where both can ride them at the same time.

- They showed off a concept image of the Workshop for Free Company houses and explained that something the size of the airship will be able to fit in there via magic.  (some kind of shrinking system as it comes into the Workshop and it expands as it goes into the world)

- Personal Housing to come before 2.4.

- Hinted at a special item that can only be obtained from a purchased ticket for the upcoming Fan Fest.

- Shiva's story will start in 2.3 but she won't actually be introduced until later.

- Frontlines will take place in Carteneau Flats and this area will be opened up in 2.3.  (Carteneau Flats was the site of the battle for the opening trailer for ARR)

- They may introduce dueling as a means to gauge your damage for PvP activities.  (probably going to be restricted to Wolves' Den)

- They're coming up with some content for 2.4 for Free Companies to do.  Not necessarily something that 100 people can participate in, but things that can be broken down into smaller tasks.  (they really seem scared to introduce anything larger than 8 man content as they feel it will inconvenience smaller FCs)

Stay tuned for the Japanese Letter from the Live Producer on Thursday.  I get the feeling they saved some stuff for it, even though they said the focus of it is for 2.3 content.

I've never found a way to watch those live so I just wait for the official translation lol

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

Square enix e3 stream just confirmed 2.4 new class and job- rogue and ninja. 

Also confirmed 2.3 will have a "Hard" version of binding coils. 

More hard modes...GASP and AWE! (seriously...enough with the repeating everything and slapping hard and extreme modes on it)

The job/class is nice, though they couldnt even get dual wield  with it which means it aint happening for this game period....which is sad and lame. Im sure the class will play pretty much like monk but more focused on debuffs, which is just meh to me. What happend to adding hybrid classes and stuff and getting away from everything being pre-set tank-ddx2-heal for eveything. What about some good worthwhile endgame content in the open world? How about making crafting actually worth doing before you give some big room?

Seems like more of the same and no reason to return.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Occasionally I'm tempted to go back to this game... then I remember the combat.
    Originally posted by reeereee

Cool story bro.

Originally posted by reeereee

Sadly its one of the biggest downers for me, but im a person who likes the slower more tactical combat style of FFXI and the nice middle ground 1.0 ended on. Now its just a rotation spam and it gets dull fast.

Also, this:

• XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Rogue + Archer = Dual gun wielding class. My wish :D
    Originally posted by drivendawn

Rogue class

Dual wield abilities

Faster movement speed

Fall damage cut, more nimble

Poison effect will be key part of the class

Multiple poisons available for Rogue, use will vary based on situation

Stealth based class, there will be actions only available while in stealth mode

Main weapon will be dagger/knives

Weapon set will work like Pug/Monk. There will not be separate weapons in each hand.

Ninja job

Will have dual wield + poisons used by rogue, will also add ninjutsu/mudras.

There will be different types and combinations of ninjutsu/mudras, player will have to use combinations in correct pattern for them to be successful. If player fails pattern, they will fail the skill.

Positioning during battles will not be as stressful as monk. Focus is on combination of poison and ninjutsu/mudras.

Positioning to use abilities will be varied depending on each monster that you face. Different monsters will require different positioning to use certain skills.

Rogue/Ninja is DPS

New tank and healer classes will be revealed in next expansion.

I see the usual haters are here. OH AND PICS http://imgur.com/a/JLpC0

doesnt the whole "Dual Wield abilitys" then after saying "Weapon set will work like Pug/Monk. There will not be separate weapons in each hand." sort of contradict one another?

and we all know how much people really need that fall damage reduction(lol). The game needs more of the other 2 roles far more than yet another DPS. That or give the "hybrids" they talk about that will likely not happen for a long time if not at all.

Originally posted by zanfire

Rogue class

Dual wield abilities

Faster movement speed

Weapon set will work like Pug/Monk. There will not be separate weapons in each hand.

Ninja job

There will be different types and combinations of ninjutsu/mudras, player will have to use combinations in correct pattern for them to be successful. If player fails pattern, they will fail the skill.

Positioning during battles will not be as stressful as monk. Focus is on combination of poison and ninjutsu/mudras.

Positioning to use abilities will be varied depending on each monster that you face. Different monsters will require different positioning to use certain skills.

Rogue/Ninja is DPS

doesnt the whole "Dual Wield abilitys" then after saying "Weapon set will work like Pug/Monk. There will not be separate weapons in each hand." sort of contradict one another?

and we all know how much people really need that fall damage reduction(lol). The game needs more of the other 2 roles far more than yet another DPS. That or give the "hybrids" they talk about that will likely not happen for a long time if not at all.

What he means is that weapons will drop in a pair not two different drops equipped.  

If the expansion isn't too too far off and they release a new tank/healer at that point then I don't think its so bad to get a new dps job now.  The majority will always be dps, 3 ranged and 3 melee now will just add more variety which isn't a bad thing in this case. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Rogue class

Dual wield abilities

Faster movement speed

Ninja job

Rogue/Ninja is DPS

What he means is that weapons will drop in a pair not two different drops equipped.  

If the expansion isn't too too far off and they release a new tank/healer at that point then I don't think its so bad to get a new dps job now.  The majority will always be dps, 3 ranged and 3 melee now will just add more variety which isn't a bad thing in this case. 

I get why they need to drop in pairs, for this game it needs to happen (like sword and shield for pld) but why cant they have dual wield and be able to mix one dagger (or w/e it is) with another? For me it just confirms that they wont do a real dual wield and we will be stuck with the simple system forever.

Rogue class

Dual wield abilities

Faster movement speed

Ninja job

Rogue/Ninja is DPS

I get why they need to drop in pairs, for this game it needs to happen (like sword and shield for pld) but why cant they have dual wield and be able to mix one dagger (or w/e it is) with another? For me it just confirms that they wont do a real dual wield and we will be stuck with the simple system forever.

A "real" dual wield wouldn't add any depth to the game what so ever it would just complicate loot tables.  There's actually no difference in terms of gameplay whether or not the boss drops a pair of daggers or just 1 dagger....

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

How would being able to mix both your weapons not ad variety and depth? I know this games gear and stats are as linear and simple as they come, but whats wrong with having one dagger have more of one stat and being able to have another (with the same damage of course)  have different stats? Have a dagger that is acc/determ and another that is determ/skillspeed when going out and doing quests or lower end fights that you dont need the extra acc.

It would be something that would finally let people build differently...even if its slightly. Example:

Player 1) +50dmg +20 acc +20 determination  /// +50 dmg +20 acc +20 skillspeed

player 2) +50dmg +20 skillspeed +20 crit  /// +50 damage +20 acc +20 skillspeed.

It might be a small difference, but it would let people build the way they feel is their style or what they feel they need to add (stat wise). I dont see why that wouldnt be nice/fun to have.

As for the loot in general they need to have more variety in types of gear so everyone is not just using the same set because there is only one with the highest ilvl. It would be a good way to add new events for high end stuff thats not the same couple instanced things over and over. Now i can get a good weapon from coil and another from some open world boss fight (or w/e they come up with) Im just sick of how linear and simple everything is, any mix up would be a breath of fresh air

...and get away frome veryone doing the same couple things all the damn time...dungeons and coil for top end every patch is gonna get old really fast for people.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Rogue is the class , Ninja is the job

same goes for Marauder than after 30 u can become Warrior , or Conjurer > White mage , Archer > Bard...

Is pointless to announce Rogue , since ppl wont be Rogue after 30 (Ninja crystal and 1 ninja skill)

the servers are going to be full of ninjas lol , remember the carbuncle plague? :P , WORSE!

remember that u change your job equiping the weapon , thats why both mnk and nin will only have 1 weapon as drop , and thats good , no having to get drops twice :D (that sucked in other mmorpgs >.>)

Originally posted by Skuall
    Rogue is the class , Ninja is the job

same goes for Marauder than after 30 u can become Warrior , or Conjurer > White mage , Archer > Bard...

Is pointless to announce Rogue , since ppl wont be Rogue after 30 (Ninja crystal and 1 ninja skill)

the servers are going to be full of ninjas lol , remember the carbuncle plague? :P , WORSE!

Classes in general are pointless, they should have been scrapped by now. It could have been a decent system, but classes always being weaker than jobs (stats alone) and the mixing of skills being far more limited and useless than 1.2x...what the hecks the point? 

I guess you mention classes so it looks like the number looks inflated.

also like i said, it makes sense they drop as a pair, but why they cant  they be basically 2 sepreate pieces that drop as a pair so you can mix them?

How would being able to mix both your weapons not ad variety and depth? I know this games gear and stats are as linear and simple as they come, but whats wrong with having one dagger have more of one stat and being able to have another (with the same damage of course)  have different stats? Have a dagger that is acc/determ and another that is determ/skillspeed when going out and doing quests or lower end fights that you dont need the extra acc.

It would be something that would finally let people build differently...even if its slightly. Example:

Player 1) +50dmg +20 acc +20 determination  /// +50 dmg +20 acc +20 skillspeed

player 2) +50dmg +20 skillspeed +20 crit  /// +50 damage +20 acc +20 skillspeed.

It might be a small difference, but it would let people build the way they feel is their style or what they feel they need to add (stat wise). I dont see why that wouldnt be nice/fun to have.

As for the loot in general they need to have more variety in types of gear so everyone is not just using the same set because there is only one with the highest ilvl. It would be a good way to add new events for high end stuff thats not the same couple instanced things over and over. Now i can get a good weapon from coil and another from some open world boss fight (or w/e they come up with) Im just sick of how linear and simple everything is, any mix up would be a breath of fresh air

...and get away frome veryone doing the same couple things all the damn time...dungeons and coil for top end every patch is gonna get old really fast for people.

Having different stats on gear isn't going to add depth because its effecting the skill level of the player its just making them want or dislike a particular dagger over another there is no build what way you want as a dps class there are stat priorities. The ninjas skills and stat priorities will remain the same regardless of what kind of dagger they would be using, zero purpose in not dropping in pairs.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Looks like im going back soon, I liked dragoon but spears arent really my thing you know. I want some dual wielding swords.

And it better be a DPS class and not a tank class

Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

Looks like im going back soon, I liked dragoon but spears arent really my thing you know. I want some dual wielding swords.

And it better be a DPS class and not a tank class

Yea its dps. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL