Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mixed Bag

SmashixSmashix Member UncommonPosts: 91
edited June 2020 in Reviews & Impressions

Unfortunately, that's about all I can say. I really wanted to like GW2. My wife and I both bought it a couple of months ago during one of the half off sales.

Things I like:

• I love the graphics. Some of the character and city details are amazing!
  • I like that the game gives you reasons to explore zones. In all MMOs, I've always been about the journey, not the end-game.
  • I love that you can complete content in different ways and it all counts toward character progression.
  • I love all the waypoints and instant travel!
  • I like the recipe discovery when crafting. This is über cool.
  • I like that my currencies are accessible to all characters. No silly logging in and out and mailing gold to my own characters.
  • I like that there was some reasonable challenge in leveling. Some other big name games (you know ) have forgotten how to make leveling challenging, or worse, intentionally removed it.
  • The classes feel quite unique.
  • I love the verticality of the HoT zones, these are the best part of the game!
  • Most things that are bound are account bound.

Things I don't like:
  • I hate the arbitrary restrictions on actions. Even if you only give me 10 actual combat/play actions, at least let me put food and potions on a toolbar somewhere instead of forcing me to open my inventory to eat.
  • I miss the trinity and true ranged play. When doing anything in groups, like world bosses and such, everyone has to stack on top of each other to gain boons. Even my core Necro is only really ranged if my minions keep mobs away from me.
  • I hate jumping puzzles! But this is minor, since I can just ignore them.

Post edited by Smashix on