Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release date (roughly)

DeadlobsterDeadlobster Member UncommonPosts: 126

hey guys, anyone have a clue when this might be out? I'm not paying the fee for the founders thingy (don't agree with it but kudos to those that thought it was worth it). I'm looking at wildstar, another tab is open with the BUY IT NOW :) ... I know I'll play AA when it's released but if it's another 3 months away I might be inclined to buy WS today. If my far cry 3 had saved properly last night, this wouldn't have been an issue :( 

After the debacle of ESO I'm wary of buying something new in the mmo category. I want AA and repopulation for my future gaming but I do not think repop will be out until december or 1st quarter 2015.

Anyhoo, anyone with some insider knowledge know when it might be released, NA/EU

Thanks in advance

Dead

Comments

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

Just gotta back up what the above poster said.

They aren't really moving along at an extremely quick pace.

I'd say August at minimum.  But i'd bet on it being later.

• PreparedPrepared Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

Same feeling and I am thinking the game will be ready for release in October but betting they will wait to see when Warlords of Draenor is announced for release before making their announcement.  

• DeadlobsterDeadlobster Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Originally posted by Prepared
    Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

Same feeling and I am thinking the game will be ready for release in October but betting they will wait to see when Warlords of Draenor is announced for release before making their announcement.  

Suppose you can argue with that logic. Wonder why the russians were able to get it out much faster... hmm still leaves me undecided on WS. I think it would be a good game but not sure if I want an mmo over the summer and spend my days inside.

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

MY opinion is that the game will be released just about in time for the holiday season kicking in 

So in region of mid oct - mid november, then they would hope to get a big influx of cash and then about 6-8 weeks later with younger players getting some xmas money another injection of cash

thats my thinking anyway.

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by Deadlobste

Suppose you can argue with that logic. Wonder why the russians were able to get it out much faster... hmm still leaves me undecided on WS.

Only the Japanese and Korean servers are retail. Russian and Chinese are still in beta. Anyway Wildstar and AA are radically different games so why not do both if undecided. Wildstar now and AA at release.

My guess for retail is anytime between August through November. The Alpha is pretty much in release state now other than redoing the voice overs in English and maybe westernization of some of the storyline. I am guessing the major holdup now is which parts of the Korean 1.0 and  possibly the 1.2 patch will be in the beta and release versions.

I just don't see any 4 or 5 month beta happening. 4 - 6 weeks of closed and 1 - 2 weeks open would be my guess. Summer is a bad time to release any game because most sane people want to be outside experiencing real life. End of August is good due to school restarting. Historically online games always see a uptick of user hours starting in September 

I miss DAoC

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Originally posted by Jackdog

Suppose you can argue with that logic. Wonder why the russians were able to get it out much faster... hmm still leaves me undecided on WS.

Only the Japanese and Korean servers are retail. Russian and Chinese are still in beta. Anyway Wildstar and AA are radically different games so why not do both if undecided. Wildstar now and AA at release.

My guess for retail is anytime between August through November. The Alpha is pretty much in release state now other than redoing the voice overs in English and maybe westernization of some of the storyline. I am guessing the major holdup now is which parts of the Korean 1.0 and  possibly the 1.2 patch will be in the beta and release versions.

I just don't see any 4 or 5 month beta happening. 4 - 6 weeks of closed and 1 - 2 weeks open would be my guess. Summer is a bad time to release any game because most sane people want to be outside experiencing real life. End of August is good due to school restarting. Historically online games always see a uptick of user hours starting in September 

What is this "Real Life" of which you speak ;)

I self identify as a monkey.

Originally posted by DMKano

My guess is September/October time frame.

3 months of beta is already a lot.

We will probably get a modified 1.0 patch before Russia at this point.

What patch is Japan AA on anyone know?

Japanese version got a patch which included parts of 1.0 and 1.2 . Just me but I am hoping we will get more of a 1.2 than a 1.0 version because the 1.0 patch went over like a turd in the bottom of a punchbowl in Korea. The Korean 1.2 patch mellowed the 1.0 patch considerably as well as added new content and features.

I miss DAoC

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn
    Originally posted by Jackdog

What is this "Real Life" of which you speak ;)

notice I used the qualifier "sane people"  

I miss DAoC

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw
    taking into account possible delays that might occur due to exploits or major bugs.

Nah, those won't show up till after the game launches, or haven't you been paying attention.

• AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Between now and never. But, since Trion has not announced a release date yet, 3 months into the future or more will be a safe bet.

It takes one to know one.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

I hope we gonna get the beta patch to the Alpha server this coming week.

No idea if they start the Closed Beta then as well or a week later when the patch hasnt shown bigger problems.

Then it should not be too far to the open beta weekends and i dont expect that to be that long ...