Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOL I got kicked out of my first flash point

mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

LOL I made the mistake I think, of checking some guide online about what are the stats I need for my equipment so I am running in this group and an item drops that had all what I wanted but had an extra stat for aim, so I play need instead of greed and I got the item, I keep playing then suddenly I see I am getting kicked out because I use need instead of greed.

I was like what? I even asked the guy why are you doing this? He said you chose need, I replied to him if you want the item I give it to you, he said no I dont want it, so then why you are kicking me and he placed me on ignore, lol, what a doll face.

In first place I was just following a guide I saw online thinking that was the  way to go and I agree I should no do need, although I thought I needed the item.

Oh well live and learn, the funny thing is that yesterday I did another run and I greed for everything, didnt once I did need and I won almost everything. The luck of the Scottish lol

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

Comments

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

Aim is not an extra stat. It is the MAIN stat for bounty hunters and troopers. If your class is neither of these then you don't "need" on such items. 

Since you are a new player such mistakes are expected and they where fools for kicking you. Don't sweat about it and keep searching for guides and info regarding your class. You'll learn. 

Check these:  http://swtor.gamepedia.com/Class

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=88942

Have fun in TOR.

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Sounds to me that they  dont understand the need/greed system. You need items that are good for your character and will be using. And greed any items that are not needed or you feel wont be a big improvement or are items that can be used for everyone.
  • TheQuietGamerTheQuietGamer Member Posts: 317

Each class has a main stat- if you roll need on an item which does not have your classes main stat you will nearly always get kicked.  

You made a mistake- but there are enough ninja looters in the game that people have short shrift for it.  

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by mayito7777

LOL I made the mistake I think, of checking some guide online about what are the stats I need for my equipment so I am running in this group and an item drops that had all what I wanted but had an extra stat for aim, so I play need instead of greed and I got the item, I keep playing then suddenly I see I am getting kicked out because I use need instead of greed.

I was like what? I even asked the guy why are you doing this? He said you chose need, I replied to him if you want the item I give it to you, he said no I dont want it, so then why you are kicking me and he placed me on ignore, lol, what a doll face.

In first place I was just following a guide I saw online thinking that was the  way to go and I agree I should no do need, although I thought I needed the item.

Oh well live and learn, the funny thing is that yesterday I did another run and I greed for everything, didnt once I did need and I won almost everything. The luck of the Scottish lol

As someone else said Aim is for BH and Trooper, Also, Cunning is for Smuggler and Agent, Strength for Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior with Willpower for Consular and Inquisitor.

• versulasversulas Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Originally posted by TheQuietGamer

Each class has a main stat- if you roll need on an item which does not have your classes main stat you will nearly always get kicked.  

You made a mistake- but there are enough ninja looters in the game that people have short shrift for it.  

Pretty much this. Ninja looters are prevalent enough that people will just assume that's what you are. Normally people will wait for more than one loot roll to ban b/c of misclicks but w/e. 

They're antisocial enough that clicking a button becomes an easier solution to resolving the problem than talking it out--especially when those who do it on purpose are unresponsive (or just don't understand English, as is often the case when they end up clustering servers with those of other regions).

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    I think they mentioned revamping the NEED/GREED rolling system in the last Cantina event Q&A. There's no ETA on when it's going to be live, so it won't be in place until 2015 at least, but in the future you won't be able to roll need on Aim pieces as an Agent for example. The game needed this in 2012 honeslty, but better late than never I guess.
  • DeathsmindDeathsmind Member UncommonPosts: 185
    You guys realize that you have companions right? I dont see why you are mad at this guy. If no one needs it then what is the harm of gearing up your companions? I understand thats not what this guy did but there are companions that do need different stats that you.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Tsuru
    Sounds to me that they  dont understand the need/greed system. You need items that are good for your character and will be using. And greed any items that are not needed or you feel wont be a big improvement or are items that can be used for everyone.

Nononoes, those players do not take into account that there are real newbs in a game.

They expect every lowlevel character to be a alt of a veteran and therefore knows all the tricks and rules in the book.

If they see he is really a noob in the game, they don't want that player to be around in the group anyways because he might fk it up and cause a wipe.

That's the general attitude of the dungeon/raid player in today's MMO.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

Awesome, that sounds good. All the other flash I have done have gone smoothly, even when wiped we got together discussed better ways to do things and victory.

One quick question, I see items that I dont want but I only see two options  need and greed, is there a pass option? Also what means when I see third option that allows me to destroy the item for parts or mats?

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by Deathsmind
    You guys realize that you have companions right? I dont see why you are mad at this guy. If no one needs it then what is the harm of gearing up your companions? I understand thats not what this guy did but there are companions that do need different stats that you.

Companions should never get to roll for gear in flashpoints or raids, human players should always have priority. Your companion gear should be quest rewards or be crafted, and if you get something in a flashpoint for them it should be considered very unusual and not expected.

The fact that the community still can't agree to any sort of loot rules almost 3 years later is a real problem and part of why people won't queue for flashpoints.

• mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279

Did you equip it right away? If yes, then in which case it was an obvious upgrade and they are jerks

Were loot rules established ahead of time? If no, then once again they are jerks, especially if first point is valid

Was this a PUG/flashpoint finder? If yes then it is expected that everyone rolls greed unless asking first. (personally my first point would overrule this)

As prior stated, Companion gear is never need

Passing is clicking on the X in the upper corner

All in all, getting kicked without a honest warning or discussion makes them jerks. Your better off without them.

Mind you these are mostly my personal opinion, and how I conduct myself, Then again I'm not a jerk in Flashpoints. It is only a "grind" and the loss of a single item (unless super kool artifact extrodinaire) is never the end of the world

Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

Yes, there is a Pass option although not clearly comprehensive. If you click on the top right side of the loot window (the X) then you Pass the item. 

Also, don't be afraid to Need. If something drops which has your main stat on it and is an upgrade then need.

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Great thanks for the info about the x option.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by mayito7777

One quick question, I see items that I dont want but I only see two options  need and greed, is there a pass option? Also what means when I see third option that allows me to destroy the item for parts or mats?

Pass is X I think (not sure, never used it, since I'm Greed-y :) )

3rd option is not allowing you to destroy it, it's simpy a pick even less strong than Greed.

I agree, Need/Greed rolls are a pretty obsolete method. At least a class-dependant Need would be good (considering BW's developing speed I don't even dare to ask for a personalised loot, or person-based loot tables or anything a bit more flashy :) but yep, at least grey out the Need for classes not "appropriate" for the roll would be nice)

• DeathsmindDeathsmind Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by Impacthound
    Originally posted by Deathsmind

Companions should never get to roll for gear in flashpoints or raids, human players should always have priority. Your companion gear should be quest rewards or be crafted, and if you get something in a flashpoint for them it should be considered very unusual and not expected.

The fact that the community still can't agree to any sort of loot rules almost 3 years later is a real problem and part of why people won't queue for flashpoints.

He asked if anyone wanted it everyone said no...Now it goes to off spec, an item that will get used eventually, that would be companion gear.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

The need and greed system is probably the worst MMO feature of all. It confuses noobs, makes it easier for ninjas and leads to endless bickering.

But OP, if you are unsure how the group will handle loot then discuss it with the people when you start. Some groups see things different ways and what is acceptable in one group might not be good in another. 

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by Loke666

The need and greed system is probably the worst MMO feature of all. It confuses noobs, makes it easier for ninjas and leads to endless bickering.

Please enlighten us with your solution for this.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Wow was my first mmo i played long ago, the first time I ran a dungeon i thought need meant that you would only would get it if needed and greed was meaning I just want it. So I clicked need on everything, the group I was in asked me why and I told them what i was thinking and everyone had a good laugh, didnt kick me just explained how it works and we ran a few more.image

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    I've seen this argument come up in all MMOs with the loot roll system.  Some people are just sore losers and always will be.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• MMOManiacsMMOManiacs Member UncommonPosts: 191

It all depends what class you are. Aim is a min stat, if you arn't an aim using class (BH/Commando), then you have absolutly no buisness rolling need on an item with Aim on it.

What class are you? I am guessing its not an Aim using one, seeing as you looked up your class's specs, and subsequently considered Aim an "un needed "extra" stat". Why did you even create this thread? lol.

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

I miss City of Heroes's looting system. The drops were random which prevented ninja looting and the resulting drama. If someone had an item someone else wanted, they could always just trade afterwards.

I miss City of Heroes's looting system. The drops were random which prevented ninja looting and the resulting drama.

I miss City of Heroes's looting system. The drops were random which prevented ninja looting...

I miss City of Heroes's looting system.

I miss City of Heroes

:(

• MMOManiacsMMOManiacs Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Originally posted by DashiDMV

I miss City of Heroes's looting system. The drops were random which prevented ninja looting and the resulting drama. If someone had an item someone else wanted, they could always just trade afterwards.

I miss City of Heroes's looting system. The drops were random which prevented ninja looting and the resulting drama.

I miss City of Heroes's looting system. The drops were random which prevented ninja looting...

I miss City of Heroes's looting system.

I miss City of Heroes

:(

WoW's first iteration of their LFR loot system had pretty much that exact loot structure....all it was, was people begging and griefing others for their drops. To curb that, they made all drops immediatly bound, but that caused people getting gear they couldnt possibly use, so they had to DE or vendor them......need/greed, though not perfect by any means, is the best solution for randomized pugs.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Originally posted by Impacthound
    I think they mentioned revamping the NEED/GREED rolling system in the last Cantina event Q&A. There's no ETA on when it's going to be live, so it won't be in place until 2015 at least, but in the future you won't be able to roll need on Aim pieces as an Agent for example. The game needed this in 2012 honeslty, but better late than never I guess.

What happens when you "need" an item that has a stat your companion can us.  Frankly the system is fine, people just feel entitled when it should just be a straight up fair roll for everyone.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• huntersamhuntersam Member UncommonPosts: 210
    must admit when I play flashpoints I have never voted for kicking  unless the person is consistently rolling need
  • neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi
    Originally posted by Loke666

Please enlighten us with your solution for this.

Simple. On every kill you get a badge. You can buy loot from loot vendors. Problem is that games with such a system, like GW2, make it retardedly long to get a good item from that. But that's what you get when you let the maple story people decide how your game is gonna work.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.