Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

suggestions for pwoplw having problems with optimization

cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362

I ran into two huge tips that helped me a lot as I was averaging 15- yes 15 fps on a core i5 with A 670 GTX card.  first one is make sure the game is running under the correct operating system. my rig is running win 7 64 bit but when I checks the compatibility by right clicking on the desktop icon  I found the game was for whatever reason running under winxp a 32 bit system.

2.) force the game into running under directx9...for whatever reason the optimization code in the game for 10 and 11 are basically not done well

so say we all

Comments

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,540
    Originally posted by cylon8

I ran into two huge tips that helped me a lot as I was averaging 15- yes 15 fps on a core i5 with A 670 GTX card.  first one is make sure the game is running under the correct operating system. my rig is running win 7 64 bit but when I checks the compatibility by right clicking on the desktop icon  I found the game was for whatever reason running under winxp a 32 bit system.

2.) force the game into running under directx9...for whatever reason the optimization code in the game for 10 and 11 are basically not done well

Every game runs way faster in dx9 compared to dx11.

As far as running under the correct OS - you mean compatibility mode - your description is not very clear.

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451

I've given up . I've tried loads of different tweeks to the game and the best I can get on low settings if around 20-30 fps in the open world . I'm playing on a core i7-2600 cpu 3.40 ghz , 8192 mb ram and a radeon HD 6800 series graphic card . All drivers updated . Run an msconfig to make sure no start up programs were running in the back ground . Tried running it in direct x 9 . Switching off all the add ons . It may not be a top notch gaming machine but it runs something like guild wars 2 at around 60 fps on high settings and has no problem playing any other mmo either including rift which is known to be poorly optimized . Wildstar is the only game I have ever had a problem with . Its not exactly unplayable but its not as smooth as I would like it to be so after trying it on a buddy key I have decided not to buy  . 

there are some suggestions here https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27834-solution-fps-optimization-problems/

They didnt make a whole lot of difference for me but it may help someone else who is having issues . 

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

The running the game in dx9 helped reduce the lag for me, but unfortunately I am one of the ones plagued by the Error 0x000000000 bug.

I have pinpointed it to Illium, which sucks because basically I cannot do ANYTHING except the first 1-15 lvl zone, and que for PvP. this is OK sorta..but not really...because i LOVE pvp, and can level through PvP...

But...paying $60 for 1 zone and queing for pvp...lol.  My ticket has been open 7 days now, they have responded to me 2x, the last time asking me for my DXDIAG info, as well as something else..which I gave them 5 days ago and still no response.

They claim it might be that my computer "sucks" or that my video card drivers are "bad"...but I run every single other game with zero issues....

intel i7 2600k processor.

geforce gtx 570 graphics card driver

16g ddr3 of corsair RAM

SSD drive(s) as well as a normal drive.

Windows 7 64 bit...I run the game as either 64 bit or 32 bit with the "DX9", because for some reason it likes to error more on the 64 bit EXE rather than the 32 bit EXE...

But yep...

I am having fun in PvP, but thats all I can experience.  Would be nice to do housing, tradeskills, get a mount, do the "initial" quest so the dungeons get opened up for me...but...alas I cannot.  I cannot step 1 foot into illium without getting error 0x0000000.

I am on my 3rd character, because once I walk into illium, I get errored out, then every time I try to log into that character again....it errors and crashes.

Oh joy!!!!! Hopefully they fix this soon....or have a fix for me..

Edit: And yes I have tried everything under the sun to fix it... reinstall game, use old graphic drivers, reinstall new graphic driver, change page filing, change clocking, change resource allocation, change my desktop settings, ect..ect..ect..

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 21,108
    Originally posted by DMKano

As far as running under the correct OS - you mean compatibility mode - your description is not very clear.

If the DirectX 9 code path means disabling a bunch of graphical features in the DirectX 11 code path, that can make things run faster--but probably not faster than using a DirectX 11 code path with those things disabled.

If the goal is to get given graphical settings working regardless of the DirectX version, DirectX 11 offers a lot more tools to get there, and a properly optimized game will probably run faster in DirectX 11 mode than DirectX 9--sometimes by an enormous margin.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member RarePosts: 6,255
    Originally posted by greatskys

I've given up . I've tried loads of different tweeks to the game and the best I can get on low settings if around 20-30 fps in the open world . I'm playing on a core i7-2600 cpu 3.40 ghz , 8192 mb ram and a radeon HD 6800 series graphic card . All drivers updated . Run an msconfig to make sure no start up programs were running in the back ground . Tried running it in direct x 9 . Switching off all the add ons . It may not be a top notch gaming machine but it runs something like guild wars 2 at around 60 fps on high settings and has no problem playing any other mmo either including rift which is known to be poorly optimized . Wildstar is the only game I have ever had a problem with . Its not exactly unplayable but its not as smooth as I would like it to be so after trying it on a buddy key I have decided not to buy  . 

there are some suggestions here https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27834-solution-fps-optimization-problems/

They didnt make a whole lot of difference for me but it may help someone else who is having issues . 

I have also given up.  Whatever I have tried (and I tried everything!!) I can get the game to run barely above 20 fps.

Eventho I enjoy the game, the occasional stutter due to low framerates is slowly becoming a showstopper for me to not sub to the game at the end of the month, if they can´t get their act together and properly optimize their game.

I can run games like FFXIV:ARR, GW2, LOTRO, TSW, ESO, etc all in High Settings with 30-40+ fps no problems. But Wildstar with it´s highly "stylized" Graphics I just can´t get it to perform! No matter the amount of tweaking!

I play games, build my own PC´s, etc, etc, yada yada since the 80´s and this REALLY is the first game for me I cannot get to perform, no matter how hard I try with tweaking. /shrug

Even games like EverQuest 2 and Age of Conan (both Notorious for their steep system requirements at their launch) I managed to run great with decent performance after some intens tweaking on my side.

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Main reason why im not playing Wildstar, game runs worse than WoW, ESO or pretty much any other mmo right now. Engine is really bad and inefficient and unoptimized for a game release :/

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• TheQuietGamerTheQuietGamer Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by DMKano

For me the game simply won't run in windows 8.1- I have to change compatibility to xp sp 3.