Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm back.. and I can't believe it!

124»

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Reham79
    Originally posted by NorseGod
    Originally posted by doodphace

Post a link that ea states "we are closing illum pvp because of engine and that is the only reason. ". Come on buddy post a link my popcorn is getting cold!  Where the link to back up the engine is the only reason? 

Likewise,

Post a link of EA refuting his claim. You can't, because it was common knowledge as to why. Even a big joke during Cantina events.

I Didn't make the claim that's usually not how thing work.  Someone wants to make an ignorant claim that something closed only because of the engine well they better be able to support their ignorant claim .  Now if they said it closed because of exploits, unbalancing and performance issues well then that's something more along the lines of the truth.  But when a person makes ignorant comments over and over that it was due to only one of those it's their job to back it up.  Clearly they are not able too.  

It's ignorant to say the same thing as you just did but in fewer words ? What do you think the cause of the exploits and performance issues were ? ...a game engine that couldn't handle that type of thing maybe ?

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by hallucigenocide

Wow dude you really have absolutely nothing to stand on here, I feel bad how much you are embarrassing yourself here .  This conversation had nothing to do with the engine.  You lost that conversation a long time ago.  

This was about how you got all worked up because another poster said he doesn't have any issues with group content .  Then you went on about some made up story about have you got approx 15fps and how that "NEVER" happens to you in other games.  I then posted links that shows it does happen in those games.  Pointing out your experience is not the only experience in all of the gaming universe.  I would also call BS that Swtor is the only MMO you have had a fps drop.  The fact you say you have never experienced a fps drop in the list of games you listed shows everyone you have agenda and zero credibility.  

Reham79,

You REALLY don't want him speaking ill about this game, don't you? Not sure why you are trying to control the conversation so much with name calling throughout this entire thread, but I don't think anybody has to ability to damage this games' reputation any further than it really is.

Your emotional exaggerations are worrisome and creepy.

I don''t think what he is trying to tell you is that much out of line at all because I had similar issues with framerate drops when people were around. I'm not sure how you are going to prove (because you haven't) that he hasn't experienced drop issues in other games.

Just by saying so, doesn't make you right about anything. Please calm down. You're not going to silence anyone.

how's that any different from that other guy just pulling things out of thin air and presenting it as fact? he's got no clue why Ilum got shut down yet he base all his arguments on it^^

/sigh....did you just say that I pulled the ilium getting deactivated due to performance issues thing "out of thin air"?

Do you even have a sense of reason left inside of you?

obviously you've never heard of win trading

and if you have'nt noticed it's not 2011 anymore so stop beating on the same old drum.. a lot of things have changed.

My bad, you are right. Ilium was deactivasted due to win tradeing, not performance related issues. The game engine is also able to handle large gorups now without dropping FPS like it did in 2011. I'm worng, I apologise.

all i'm saying is there was more than 1 reason behind it..  and many of those reasons have been addressed but you seem to fully ignore them in a vain attempt to keep it as your main argument. have you even played the game since release?

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

Wow dude you really have absolutely nothing to stand on here, I feel bad how much you are embarrassing yourself here .  This conversation had nothing to do with the engine.  You lost that conversation a long time ago.  

This was about how you got all worked up because another poster said he doesn't have any issues with group content .  Then you went on about some made up story about have you got approx 15fps and how that "NEVER" happens to you in other games.  I then posted links that shows it does happen in those games.  Pointing out your experience is not the only experience in all of the gaming universe.  I would also call BS that Swtor is the only MMO you have had a fps drop.  The fact you say you have never experienced a fps drop in the list of games you listed shows everyone you have agenda and zero credibility.  

Reham79,

You REALLY don't want him speaking ill about this game, don't you? Not sure why you are trying to control the conversation so much with name calling throughout this entire thread, but I don't think anybody has to ability to damage this games' reputation any further than it really is.

I don''t think what he is trying to tell you is that much out of line at all because I had similar issues with framerate drops when people were around. I'm not sure how you are going to prove (because you haven't) that he hasn't experienced drop issues in other games.

Just by saying so, doesn't make you right about anything. Please calm down. You're not going to silence anyone.

how's that any different from that other guy just pulling things out of thin air and presenting it as fact? he's got no clue why Ilum got shut down yet he base all his arguments on it^^

/sigh....did you just say that I pulled the ilium getting deactivated due to performance issues thing "out of thin air"?

and if you have'nt noticed it's not 2011 anymore so stop beating on the same old drum.. a lot of things have changed.

My bad, you are right. Ilium was deactivasted due to win tradeing, not performance related issues. The game engine is also able to handle large gorups now without dropping FPS like it did in 2011. I'm worng, I apologise.

all i'm saying is there was more than 1 reason behind it..  and many of those reasons have been addressed but you seem to fully ignore them in a vain attempt to keep it as your main argument. have you even played the game since release?

I would tell you to create a toon on pot5 so I can show you my 16m NiM DF schievements, but I would just get called out as "bragging" ;-)

I will also be working on NiM DP starting tomorrow. I'll gladly stream it on twitch if you would like.

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015

Reham79,

I would tell you to create a toon on pot5 so I can show you my 16m NiM DF schievements, but I would just get called out as "bragging" ;-)

I will also be working on NiM DP starting tomorrow. I'll gladly stream it on twitch if you would like.

eh? that is supposed to prove what? you like to PvE? what's that got to do with the discussion?

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Maybe performance yes, exploits and unbalancing maybe not.  My point is this poster has cried, whined and pouted about illum about 50 times today every time he said it's only the engines fault without once providing evidence it was the only reason and never once mentioning the exploits and unblance that was there.  

The engine does suck though. It may have been the best option at the time and of course forum goers always have 20/20 hind site but that doesn't change the fact that it's one of the biggest negatives the game has right now.

It's still fun and one of the best themepark mmos out there....but it's engine sucks. If he wants to say that's the only reason illum got shut down...oh well. It doesn't change anything.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

Post a link that ea states "we are closing illum pvp because of engine and that is the only reason. ". Come on buddy post a link my popcorn is getting cold!  Where the link to back up the engine is the only reason? 

Likewise,

Post a link of EA refuting his claim. You can't, because it was common knowledge as to why. Even a big joke during Cantina events.

I Didn't make the claim that's usually not how thing work.  Someone wants to make an ignorant claim that something closed only because of the engine well they better be able to support their ignorant claim .  Now if they said it closed because of exploits, unbalancing and performance issues well then that's something more along the lines of the truth.  But when a person makes ignorant comments over and over that it was due to only one of those it's their job to back it up.  Clearly they are not able too.  

Simply, in other words, you can't prove your side of the argument either.

Unlike him, you are distracting readers away from the fact that you also have no proof to back your beliefs. You're doing so by name-calling and other immature behavior. I'm sure there are people drawn to your argument like moths to a flame when making emotional statements. I get that and you're using this tactic to your full advantage.

However, his claim is not unfounded and I find his argument more reasonable. Why?

Because I find it hard to believe that EA would shut down the only open world e-sport zone due to exploits. That just doesn't make sense to me, due to the fact that they are essentially just throwing away money spent from designing the zone and mechanics instead of just correcting them.

I'm sure that it is likely that a combination of issues from both sides of the argument is true. I don't see why you feel so driven with emotion to harass him for his opinion. His theory is reasonable. Many people have quit due to dropped framerates around groups of other players. They all can't be wrong.

But you're not here to argue dropped framerates, you're here to harass anyone that dares points out an issue with SWTOR. I get that from your over-use of the term "hater". Well, by my estimate, EA sold 2.3 million copies of the game and subs dropped to 300K before going F2P. Are all of  those 2 million players, ignorant haters too?

Sounds ridiculous, right?

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    I can't believe the EA press conference at E3 is over and no one mentioned SWTOR or any new content
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

You: have you even played the game since release?

Me: Come see all my recent achievements showing that I have

You: that is supposed to prove what?

Did this really just happen?????????????????????

yeah i still ca'nt see what it is you're trying to prove with that statement.

if i was to show my achievements you'd see i've been around just as long and yet i do not share your opinion so what exactly is it you are trying to say?

You made a comment stating that I prob havent played since launch....I then replied with a concrete method of showing you that I indeed play SWTOR quite a bit....this has nothing to do with my opinion of the game...you made a comment that I prob havent played since launch, and i'm offering to you proof that I am active, and have been active, for quite some time. I did not expect you to back down on your claim that I dont play that quickly.....

And you have made comments all day that you haven't proven any chance you may prove some of those?  Or are you just going to go around and keep changing the subject.  

Hey even a guy like you who spends his day bashing Swtor may have a friend/roommate who plays.  Who says you don't just jump on his toon and do your achievement comparisons pretending it's actually yours?  Cause I would definitely see you doing that...

Who bashed SWTOR?  ...me saying that its engine has issues, is me bashing the game?...read my forum history, i even posted a few examples (including this very same thread, which obviously wasnt read), I LOVE swtor...I know...someone who likes a game and can discuss it objectivly is quite rare on these forums, but please try to believe....

Im also glad to see that you dropped the schtick about me not playing since launch after I offered to prove it to both of you...

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    This one turned into a back and forth flamefest, locking it.
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.