Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extreme Server Lag?

AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

I am on Bloodsworn, I get waves of unplayable lag...Am I the only one?  Seems like I am only one my server with lag....

Uhh... what?

Comments

• SararielSarariel Member UncommonPosts: 301
    My MS keeps shooting up to 1.5k ish on lightspire, sick of it :c
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    It is a little choppy. But getting upset about this when the game has not even been out a week is not the quality of a real MMOer. If you cant take bugs, lag, server crashes and anything that comes with all new MMOs, you should not play a new MMO till its been out 3-6 months. 
  • AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    It is a little choppy. But getting upset about this when the game has not even been out a week is not the quality of a real MMOer. If you cant take bugs, lag, server crashes and anything that comes with all new MMOs, you should not play a new MMO till its been out 3-6 months. 

Not upset, just wondering if it was something wrong on my end...others i talk to are not having any issues

Uhh... what?

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

Maybe MMOs should start releasing with 3-6 months of free time intead of one then :P

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Auzy

Not upset, just wondering if it was something wrong on my end...others i talk to are not having any issues

Was not talking to you, was directed to the post below your OP =-)

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

I am not sure if it is lag or optimization... What I am finding is what appears to be a latency issue.

I find when I am attacking a mob it doesn't update the enemy health bar as fast as I am attacking. I will see the health numbers for the enemy flying around at the same time I am taking damage then out of no where the health bar goes from 100% down to like 15ish... There were times I thought some of the mobs were bugged because I would be beating on them and nothing.

My FPS is all over the chart, 20-60 depending on what I am doing regardless of settings.

I use only a few scant mods (like the top 5 or so on curse) I was concerened it was bijiplates but this latency is happeneing on the default UI.

Aside from that the game is ok at best... I still feel it has a ton of visual clutter and feels very busy, but aside from the above mentioned issue it seems pretty clean otherwise especially since they patched the queue time patch.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I read it is a good idea to log out every couple of hours it helps with some memory leak they have.
    Chamber of Chains
  • BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410
    Originally posted by Wighty

I am not sure if it is lag or optimization... What I am finding is what appears to be a latency issue.

I find when I am attacking a mob it doesn't update the enemy health bar as fast as I am attacking. I will see the health numbers for the enemy flying around at the same time I am taking damage then out of no where the health bar goes from 100% down to like 15ish... There were times I thought some of the mobs were bugged because I would be beating on them and nothing.

My FPS is all over the chart, 20-60 depending on what I am doing regardless of settings.

I use only a few scant mods (like the top 5 or so on curse) I was concerened it was bijiplates but this latency is happeneing on the default UI.

Aside from that the game is ok at best... I still feel it has a ton of visual clutter and feels very busy, but aside from the above mentioned issue it seems pretty clean otherwise especially since they patched the queue time patch.

If changing graphic settings doesn't improve your fps im sorry to say but that usually means that your CPU/RAM is bottlenecking your system. Please consider an upgrade. (I know i know it could be million of things, but those 2 are the usual suspects)

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by BailoPan15

If changing graphic settings doesn't improve your fps im sorry to say but that usually means that your CPU/RAM is bottlenecking your system. Please consider an upgrade. (I know i know it could be million of things, but those 2 are the usual suspects)

That's definitely not it either... it has been said many times that this games suffers from lack of optimization, my commuter runs most games at max settings without an issue my processor is a i7 2600k. 

In guild chat and TS the lag and shoppiness is universal, huge lag spikes at any given time and again what seems to be latency issues between server communication and client, I am certainly not the only person experiencing this.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• SuperchieftianSuperchieftian Member Posts: 88

Game runs fine for me on an old 7 year computer. Sounds like a rig problem. Have you tried doing a clean install of your drivers? It could also be a vendor issue.

Maybe your bios could be completely messed up and is possessed by Chris Farley. It is an amature mistake that we pros know how to fix.

Your processor is most likely cheating on you with your mother, you should do a RMA on it and then install a new flux capatitor and make sure it has at least 1.21 Jiggawatts of power. To confirm this, after you've install the capatitor, go to the island from Lost and try running the polar bear on it. If Matthew Fox tells you that you have to go back it has to be an issue with PSU.

• BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410
    Originally posted by BailoPan15

That's definitely not it either... it has been said many times that this games suffers from lack of optimization, my commuter runs most games at max settings without an issue my processor is a i7 2600k. 

In guild chat and TS the lag and shoppiness is universal, huge lag spikes at any given time and again what seems to be latency issues between server communication and client, I am certainly not the only person experiencing this.

Are you running that on stock clock speed or you've played with the multiplier? Idk a stock cooler should be enough for you to try out to cramp it up to 4GHz see if that helps. Although you should really really check the temperatures if/when you do this. The sandy bridge CPUs have good IHS paste so i think it can handle the boost. Everything below 70 degrees is "okay". I'm frying my i5-2500k at 65-66 degrees and 4Ghz clock on stock cooling. 

Don't take my word for it, check all those guys that bought i7 4770k for play Gw2 properly. CPU heavy games are cruel. 

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289

The engine certainly is poorly optimized and should run a lot better for the graphics quality the game offers. Can't say I noticed any latency issues though, even in larger group settings the combat system is very responsive with no noticable delay - A welcome change after the fiasco that is ESO.

This is on the EU servers playing during EU primetime mostly.