Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To the Wurm Online marketing team (person)

RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

The 3D effect on the font is bad and you should feel bad for using it.

Thanks a lot for ruining my life and eyesight with your lack of aesthetic consideration.

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Agreed. I really hope we don't have to stare at this ad more than another few hours. It's causing me mental anguish. I'm interested in the game, ok? Now please pay for my Optometrist bills due to the ads.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182
    I did that in photoshop 10 years ago!
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Rusque

Thanks a lot for ruining my life and eyesight with your lack of aesthetic consideration.

Lol, give them a break, will ya ?

Paying for that add plavement probably used-up their entire marketing budget for 2014 (and half of 2015)... 

So it's unlikely they could afford Saatchi & Saatchi to consult on the artistic design.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

best game add I have seen at MMORPG ever.

Also happens to be the only MMO game other than Eve that I play.

Great game

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

It's got a style that makes people notice, a clear message, and artwork that says 'people working together'. If they spent a lot of money on the skin, it would probably look more professional, BUT... if the message is coming across clear as it stands, then the existing work is doing it's job fine for a fraction of the cost. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    I see no issues with it at all.
    Originally posted by Caldrin

its hella better than those hyper-sexualized asain elves that are usually on the site.

not that I mind hyper-sexualized I just prefer to go to other sites for that :)

It looks like it comes from the ask jeeves era of the internet for one. Maybe it's just my personal preference though, heh. Maybe a more modern look would attract more people to the game? Just a thought.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    It needs more anime boobs.
    Originally posted by DamonVile

TAKE MY SPEAR

LANDWALKERS!

Or whatever the heck that debacle of an ad said.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

TAKE MY SPEAR

LANDWALKERS!

I can't say I've ever read them...I just look. :)

It looks like it comes from the ask jeeves era of the internet for one. Maybe it's just my personal preference though, heh. Maybe a more modern look would attract more people to the game? Just a thought.

my impression on the owner of the game is that he is not that interested in bringing in every gamer but rather to make the game he likes.

Its my favorite MMO of all MMOs

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Dear topic starter, you spending your time creating a topic making people talk, think and take another look at the ad shows that their ad is perfect as it is,  It does what it should do and now it is up to the sheep to spread it around.
  • HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    A relic from the old html age of the 90s, when html was so easy anyone could make their own homepage and comic sans was really cool to use. 3D text was slightly less cool than comic sans...

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Never really paid attention but the OP has a point.  It definitely makes my eyes go out of focus when looking at the bottom. Maybe it only effects certain people?
    Originally posted by Harafnir
    A relic from the old html age of the 90s, when html was so easy anyone could make their own homepage and comic sans was really cool to use. 3D text was slightly less cool than comic sans...

I don't understand what do you mean?

• SkogSonSkogSon Member Posts: 59

Oh yeah, that text is truly worth mentioning/ complain about lol...

The whole piece is great and as long as the text is readable, who the frack cares if it has a "not to your standard" 3d effect.

Is not the whole point text should be readable and if possible match the comp. Which it does!

It looks kinda retro with a modern twist, which is true for the entire game ;)

Free to live, Free to play!

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by Harafnir

Comic Sans was the shit.

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

my impression on the owner of the game is that he is not that interested in bringing in every gamer but rather to make the game he likes.

So why advertise?

This is a fun game,  (pure sandbox) but the community is horrible.

They don't want new players in the game cutting down their precious trees.

I recall when a youtuber (Bashur) brought so many new players to this game, they crashed the servers.

This elite community did not accept the new players.

I think they lasted 2 to 3 months. During this time Bashur did a weekly update with youtube videos for his followers.

I am sure they are still available.

Originally posted by ShortyBible

So why advertise?

I recall when a youtuber (Bashur) brought so many new players to this game, they crashed the servers.

I think they lasted 2 to 3 months. During this time Bashur did a weekly update with youtube videos for his followers.

the community is great actually.

but to answer your question there is a difference between wanting to spend all your energy on PR and not wanting any PR at all.

Does that make any sense?

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

So why advertise?

the community is great actually.

but to answer your question there is a difference between wanting to spend all your energy on PR and not wanting any PR at all.

Does that make any sense?

Seems as if we differ in our opinions.

I enjoyed the game.  I actually really like this game.

The community is what drove me away from this game.

P.S.

I guess you answered my question.

/nonchalant

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Originally posted by Rusque

Drop Shadow, but yea, its shit.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

It's just a drop shadow, I hadn't paid any attention to it until I saw this thread.

As others have said, it's much, much preferred over the flood of mostly naked anime girls we've had to put up with recently.

<3

• wuhsin88wuhsin88 Member Posts: 70

So why advertise?

This guy is telling the truth 100% everyone. When I first started this game I spent months roaming around trying to find a place to chop wood where I couldn't get chewed out for it. I've been griefed, then slandered for fighting back against the griefers. If you create your own mine somewhere, people will get mad about that too. But you sure as Hell aren't allowed to use THEIR mines. Every suggestion brought up on the forum that would make things easier on new players is instantly shot down, and the vets even make suggestions to try and make things harder for other players. They want the game to be even more grindy, more punishing, more expensive. They want all the new players to join, buy up a bunch of gear and tools from them, then ragequit a month later. They want P/R and new players coming in to buy their wares, but they don't want player retention because those new players would eventually be able to compete with them. I even watched a Community Assistant break into someone's fence and murder all their livestock just for fun. And this Community Assistant was the nicest one out of all their CA's. 

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

TAKE MY SPEAR

LANDWALKERS!

I can't say I've ever read them...I just look. :)

But you do DamonVile, You do....