Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disconnected For Reporting A Gold spammer

CleverjackCleverjack Member UncommonPosts: 72

After an hour in que I got into the game. I immediately found a gold spammer in the exile starting ship, and right clicked then selected report for spam, and I crashed. I was put back into this long ass pointless Que.

I am upset.

Did anyone else have this issue with the gold spammer?

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Known bug. For now, just play. It takes all of 20 minutes to get to the area past the gold spammers. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• CleverjackCleverjack Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Known bug. For now, just play. It takes all of 20 minutes to get to the area past the gold spammers. 

Been reading the forums, had no idea this was a bug. Its a terrible bug. I raged, not gonna lie

• IvidnaelaxIvidnaelax Member UncommonPosts: 67

I am not playing Wildstar, but they will be implementing a Hotfix for this once it passes QA. This was posted in another forum.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6348597/Gold-spammers-galoreand-I-crash-whenever-I-report-them.html#6348597

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Cleverjack
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Been reading the forums, had no idea this was a bug. Its a terrible bug. I raged, not gonna lie

I don't blame you. You came across something annoying and when you tried to follow procedure to deal with it, the client gave you the finger. Would piss me off, too. :) 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MerklynnMerklynn Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Sad but true. This happened to me and a lot of others earlier this morning. I just laughed though and mentioned it in Zone chat to give players a heads up about the bug. Everyone who already found this out before I did simply said just add the goldspammer to Ignore which works fine without a disconnect. I have my Dominion & Exile toons setup on separate servers and will continue to get them all on Nexus during the head start. I'm sure those pesky spammers will be in the cross hairs soon enough so just keep tossing them on ignore until things get sorted out.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Yeah its a known bug like others have said.

I was put on queue when i first logged in but after crashing upon reporting a spammer i logged back in and had to alt f4 a few times. None of those times (the crashing and the few times i used alt f4) sent me to another queue. And the server was ¨full¨. I found that weird becuse i was expecting to be back on a queue. I guess i was lucky.

• RoadRebelRoadRebel Member UncommonPosts: 33
    That sucks... along with ques:( BTW... sending me a spare guest pass would make ya feel better:)