It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
It all started with :
- Warhammer. Pre release, everything sounded great. Then They gave all the exp to scenarios ( instanced battle grounds ). No one ever seen it coming, this left RvR and quest zones dead. On top of that all the zones were small. Now this was the beginning point of catches....I got fooled because every other mmo before it didn't have catches. Some were not all that great, some were not our style. But at lease not catches or trickery.
- World of Warcraft was still going strong, then they added the dungeon finder and turned it into a lobby game...It was all down hill from there.
- EQ1,EQ2, Vanguard, Lotro, D&D Online all went free to play. Repopulated the world for a few months and now dead.
- About 5 more major releases with catches later. we get.......
- SWTOR- One giant movie to watch, why call it an mmo.
- The Secret world, see above.
- FF14, zoning and load screens out the butt even the cities are split, monster clutter every two feet that you cant think straight. Then you have dynamic events so you don't have to inter-react with anyone, and LFG tools for dungeons.... what a let down from FF11.
- GW2, see above.
- Defiance, is this an mmo ?
- Planet Side 2 is this an mmo ?
- Neverwinter, Cash grab, cash grab right from the-get-go.
- Elders Scrolls Online, Mega Server and bugs along with a long list of other problems that deserves its own topic.
- Wildstar, now if you look up the word obnoxious you would find this game. Totally annoying with short bullet quest. DOUBLE KILL !!!!....TRIPPLE KILL !!!!!
- EverQuest Next, this game is hyped even if the entire game is a secret, figure that one out ?....All the catches are a secret too
- ArcheAge, $150 for alpha....What !!....Ya. Lets not forget it will have a Cash Shop.
Now before you pick apart any mmo on my list, please understand my overall point.....Their is a nasty catch to every mmo released.....AT LEAST ONE GAME BREAKER.