Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F.E.A.R. Online: Closed Beta Key Giveaway!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

MMORPG.com has partnered with Aeria Games to give away keys to the closed beta of F.E.A.R. Online.

Grab a key while supplies last!

Comments

• Alka_SetzerAlka_Setzer Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Um... you don't need a key to play...
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

lol.... you really dont.. also dont excpect to get scared while playing this game.. just a counterstrike laggy version.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by rensta

lol.... you really dont.. also dont excpect to get scared while playing this game.. just a counterstrike laggy version.

Thanks for the heads up.  Glad I'm not wasting the DL time/speed on something that is otherwise inferior to the dozens of F2P shooters out there (TF2 still #1).

P.S. A truly "scary" only multiplayer FPS is Natural Selection 2.  When the power is out and the mutated aliens are in the dark as your flashlight pierces the blackness; pure adrenaline rush scary. 

• Alka_SetzerAlka_Setzer Member UncommonPosts: 167

Yeah, definitely don't go in thinking it has ANYTHING to do with FEAR because it doesn't, it's just a generic fps with that doesn't play or feel anything like FEAR. You don't even start out with that classic p90-styled gun.

There are bows in the game which I found to be extremely odd and they're pretty OP. The game is INCREDIBLY buggy and the people who wrote the text didn't even check to see if they spelled things correctly or if what they are writing even makes any sense. The game has gotten stuck in a black screen after loading at least 5 times in the PvE missions and a few other game breaking bugs also in the PvE while loading or some sort of glitch where you're just stuck and can't do anything.

Just recently in a deathmatch game people started going invisible, you could see the footprints but you can't see the people. It's just a mess... The actual game could be fun but it needs a ton of refinement. A ton.

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Based on the above comments forget it !
  • ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    I clicked "Grab key..." before I saw "Aeria"... Automatic pass.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Arthasm
    I clicked "Grab key..." before I saw "Aeria"... Automatic pass.

Aeria - thanks for mentioning it , not even bothering to take a peek any more....

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

??? why did I just waste my time downloading this haha

then people say you don't even need a beta key to play ?

• NibsNibs Member UncommonPosts: 287

From the official site (posted 2 days ago):

F.E.A.R. Online Beta Goes Unrestricted!

Soldiers!

Due to the number of requests for beta keys over the past few days (and because our inboxes have exploded), we are happy to announce that the key restriction to access the servers is now disabled.

You will able to join the Beta phase as soon as your game is downloaded! You can get the game here: http://download.aeriagames.com/files/games/us/fearonline/csd/fearonline_us_downloader.exe

Also, check out the Beta events at the following link: http://fearonline.aeriagames.com/cbtevents

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FearOnlineAeria

Twitter: https://twitter.com/FEAROnlineAeria

Forums: www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/index.php?f=291

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Still waiting for the day that Aeria puts out anything even close to a quality game.
  • deathx91deathx91 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Eden Eternal actually is... but the other games are trash.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Still waiting for the day that Aeria puts out anything even close to a quality game.

Shaiya was pretty good many years ago when it was fresh. But since its Aeria, the Pay to Win is strong in this one.