Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

Why are you buying the expensive one?  It's only $48 here. I have a naga, but watched some youtube reviews about the logitech G600 and people seem to prefer over the Naga.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G600-Gaming-Mouse-Black/dp/B0086UK7IQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401272475&sr=8-1&keywords=Logitech+G600+MMO+Gaming+Mouse

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by kikosforever
    Which one do you think is better for mmo use? Thx :) http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Mouse-White-910-002871/dp/B00BBITZZG/ref=sr_1_6?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1401271537&sr=1-6&keywords=g600+mmo+gaming+mousehttp://www.amazon.com/Razer-Naga-2014-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00E8CF268/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1401271502&sr=1-1&keywords=naga+2014

Ive had an original razer since they first came out and cant fault its functionality.
    But I think Where the Logitech mouse would shine would be in quality parts and longevity.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Alka_SetzerAlka_Setzer Member UncommonPosts: 167

Can't recommend any razer products, at least not mice. The build quality on mine was pretty shoddy, especially the cable. Was practically falling apart. I expected far more out of 80 dollars.

Recently purchase a Sharkoon FireGlider for around 15-25 dollars I believe, on sale, and it feels just as good as my razer one. It's probably not what you're looking for since it only has 2 buttons but the point I wanted to make is that just because they're expensive doesn't mean they're good. Look into Sharkoon and Roccat as well, I searched for quite a long time for affordable and good quality mice and those are the two I narrowed it down to. If price is not a concern then I guess someone else can probably help you out better.

• MozarddMozardd Member Posts: 7

I have tried these 2 at local store

G600 is really comfortable MMO mouse to use, the side button with thumb grid are really easy to recognize the button you press. The advantage of G600 is ring finger button which is need for MMO gaming. With ring-finger shift button it provide more button control in single G600. However I have small hand and G600 is really hugh size, for me it's really frustrate when I grab G600 and movearound.

Naga 2014 is really improve from predecessor (Naga 2013). They change side button to become more like G600 thumb grid buttons and add mechanical button which make Naga 2014's really fun to use.

My preference goes to Naga 2014 because the appearance and the size of Naga 2014 is fit to my small hand. But if I have larger hand, I would go for G600.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I ended-up owning both, because I found the Naga too awkward for my hand (it is slightly smaller than the G600).

I use the Naga for quite a few months and it worked fine throughout, so I have no complaints regarding the functionality or build quality between the two. It all came down to personal taste in the end, I just found the G600's size and button placement more comfortable.

NOTE: My Naga is about 2 years old, so if the later versions have changed the position and/or size of the thumb buttons, my criticism of that feature may no longer be applicable.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    I dont care about product name, i m interested only for the side buttons and the overall quality of the mouse.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636
    Get a G700s 13 programable buttons and wireless/wired functionality. Easily the best gaming mouse I've ever had. I had a razr lachesis and always had to clean the laser with a qtip, turns out it was a very common problem with lots of YouTube how to videos.
  • HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839

In reference to my experience with the G600.

My thumb fits the contour of the buttons a little to well.  The small tab that sticks up on the middle ones. That isn't enough for me. Buttons could be slightly offset to help with this.  Build quality is good.  It feels good.   I am going to admit that I don't use the buttons as often as I thought I would. I haven't used the back two rows yet. I mainly use the first row and a couple on the second.

I drum on mine often enough without thinking about it. Even thumping it against the desk.  I stop when I catch myself doing it but there's no bad side effects from that. . I think I would have went with something like the G502 G602 or G700s.  Maybe not those specifically.  But the general idea of fewer buttons but bigger easier to navigate to.   Maybe if the 600's buttons were offset from each other a little bit. It would be perfect.  It really does fit my hand a little to well.

Edit: For the record I didn't see the post above while I was writing this and post. I wasn't influenced by it.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I would go with the G700 having the mouse now for 3 1/2 years now. I read it last longer than the Naga but I could be wrong which was why I decided on the G700 because at that time I read Nagas died fast.
    Chamber of Chains
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I dropped my dear MX518 once too often and needed replacement - been using the G600 since and I have no complaints.

Especially on swtor with all the stuns and buffs the extra buttons come in handy.

Harbinger of Fools
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by cheyane
    I would go with the G700 having the mouse now for 3 1/2 years now. I read it last longer than the Naga but I could be wrong which was why I decided on the G700 because at that time I read Nagas died fast.

That's not the same kind of mouse. The g600 and Naga are MMO mice with lots of buttons, the g700 whilst a good wireless mouse doesn't have the same features.

Oh it's like the Naga not like my G700 or the G600 I had before. Sorry I did not realise Logitech had a mouse like that. I used the G600 and G700 and fully programmed the 13 buttons.
    Chamber of Chains
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Maybe it's just me but I would never pick a wireless mouse. I've seen often enough how friends would have to stop during raids cause their batteries died down after hours of gaming.
    Harbinger of Fools
    My G 700 is wired optional for battery.
    Chamber of Chains
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Indeed, it's really just the old ones like the MX Revolution that you had to charge in a dock that were a pain.
    So i guess that most ppl suggest Logitech instead of Naga mainly due to higher quality, right?

Have not used a Naga. Can't speak about it.
  • NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364

Ive had a razer naga for years. The same one. 2 years ago I purchased one more for my husband. The quality is excellent. Meaning that my original one which is years old and has been used for hours every day is still going as strong as when I first purchased it.

However, it is small, and fits perfectly for most girls. My husband finds it to be smallish, and so it is not as good a fit for him. I would suggest that you get the logitech if you have manly hands LOL. But I dont agree with the idea that nagas quality is lower. My experience certainly doesnt support that.

The most common problem with the naga is that its right or left click mouse buttons become overly senstitive so that you double click everytime you click at anything in game or in a browser. The solution is to simply pull the cover off, and clean the springs. Some people just throw the mouse when it happens which is a shame, as it literally takes 2 minutes to fix. 

I had to do this about 1.5 years into using it. I have not had to do it again.

What I dont like about the logitech is the side buttons. They are slightly more raised from the surface than the nagas are, and so it feels weird to me. But Im sure it also makes it easier to learn how to use it as the tactile memory might be build faster. The naga does come with little thingymeginies that you can attach to some of the buttons to enable you to learn faster. 

Anyway, For a guy; the logitech, for a girl; the naga.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I have the first edition of the Razer Naga and it's been very useful in MMORPGs, but not in anything else.  I did notice that later editions of the Naga seemed to take their design queues on the buttons from the Logitech mouse, so I'm thinking Logitech did something right there. :-)

I think you should find a Best Buy that has both in stock so you can feel them in your hand, or an online store that will let you return a mouse if you don't like the way it feels.  I think it is going to come down to which mouse just feels better since the functionality between the two of them is so similar.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Thank you all for your help. I m tending on a Logitech and tbh i m thinking about G502 instead of G600...

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    I would consider the Corsair M95
    Originally posted by grndzro
    I would consider the Corsair M95

That looks small. Curious if it really is or if the wheel placement is giving it that illusion.   I can literally palm the 600 and it fits my hand perfectly.  I have sworn never to go back to a mouse that I have to clutch. So much easier on the hand. Who knew..

The back row of buttons again. Do most people who buy these mice actually use the back rows?  It looks like that one might have the same issues as the 600.   I'm not talking about assigning a buff to them and only using it once every hour. I mean do people really  assign main skills to those. Attacks, debuffs, roots/snares, whatever.  Stuff you actually use on the fly.

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388

I've used both (plus the old Naga) and IMO:

g600

pros - solid mouse, easy to use side buttons, OK config software

cons - very wide mouse, annoying ring finger button

Naga 2014

pros - solid mouse, easy to use side buttons, fits (my) hand very well

cons - crap config software (requires you to create an account on their site)

The Naga is my main mouse, while the g600 has been downgraded to my laptop bag mouse. Both are good mice but the width of the g600 would make my hand hurt after long gaming sessions, where the Naga is super comfortable. If the the Naga software was offline with the option of creating an online account for profile storage it would be perfect.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Originally posted by Siris23

The Naga is my main mouse, while the g600 has been downgraded to my laptop bag mouse. Both are good mice but the width of the g600 would make my hand hurt after long gaming sessions, where the Naga is super comfortable. If the the Naga software was offline with the option of creating an online account for profile storage it would be perfect.

I have the old original naga mouse, with the old offline software.. they tried to make us use the new sign in one but I don't use it. Can you not use the old naga software/drivers with the new nagas?

Razer Naga Epic PC Legacy Driver

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

You do not need all those side buttons to be honest. Also the fact that there are a few rows of them makes using them a bit confusing. I prefer the one I linked the G 700 because it has 11 buttons. 4 you use with your thumb. 3 with your index in the front left side of mouse. Then another 3 on your middle finger which is the side scrolls and the press down scroll plus one more below the scroll. The last one is to switch profiles. With programming you can get 44 buttons(alt,shift,control). Seriously you do not need that many. 11 is more than enough and it does not suffer from being too big like the G600 mouse. The fact that you use two fingers and a thumb make them less confusing and easier in my book.

Chamber of Chains