Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post 1.1.2 Impressions?

2»

Comments

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Nothing personal but 15 bucks a month is not a lot of money. You don't like something go get a refund for it. I'm not going to sit there and cry about a blender not doing what it was supposed to do on a sears forum. Get over yourselves. Nothing is perfect. Are you having fun? Yes? No? Maybe? You want something to really complain about go spend money on a f2p and let me know how that goes for you.
  • DeathsmindDeathsmind Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by LordZeik
    Nothing personal but 15 bucks a month is not a lot of money. You don't like something go get a refund for it. I'm not going to sit there and cry about a blender not doing what it was supposed to do on a sears forum. Get over yourselves. Nothing is perfect. Are you having fun? Yes? No? Maybe? You want something to really complain about go spend money on a f2p and let me know how that goes for you.

But you would write a bad review in hopes that something changes.

a bad review isn't going to fix a product. The product is broken to begin with. Soon as you realize this get over it and move on you'll go far in life. ESO is not a perfect game and at times I would love to take a hammer to it. Sadly it is the only p2p worth spending money on atm. Now if you'll excuse me I got to go relog to fix my repair kits o.x
    a bad review isn't going to fix a product. The product is broken to begin with. Soon as you realize this get over it and move on you'll go far in life. ESO is not a perfect game and at times I would love to take a hammer to it. Sadly it is the only p2p worth spending money on atm. Now if you'll excuse me I got to go relog to fix my repair kits o.x

You dont think it fixes anything? They have shows about the exact same thing. Kitchen Nightmares and whatever the other one is. They take companies that are doing bad, horrible customer service, bad food, etc. They then improve it.

Products are always improving based on reviews the customers have. If nothing ever improved then we would still have the same products from 100s of years ago.

Companies are always looking at reviews and how their sells are affected. People who write bad reviews allows for 1+ person to not buy that product. When more and more reviews come in it really affects the sales and companies will try and see what it is they need to do to improve it.

• SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186

I have yet to have any serious problems. The Bots are/were annoying. 

I am broke as usual, because I am a hoarder.....

The game is still fun for me, the story is interesting and I have had a grand time taking out anchors with random people...

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Hmm Craglorn made me unsub.

The fact that Zeni has decided to package Bug and QOL fixes with this 6 week content release makes me just want to pass on the game.

There needs to be a refocus on fixing problems not a focus on content for Vets. My main is currently V8 and i am just bleh-ed out from the bugs, bots, developer hubris, poor customer service, crashes, and lack of developer communication with its player base.

Maybe 6 months from now i might find an interest in the game again but right now it's not something i even want to log in and play.

Fyi, if you notice i do not call foul on anything that is part of the game, in fact i like how the game is as a whole, but if you read what i state as my reasons, those are things that should have and could have been resolved by the developers.

Lolipops !

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Nothing personal but you unsubbed from the game. You clearly have no concern for the future of the product. Just let it go and find something else to play or spend your money on. Go play wildstar, or try and get into the AA beta. This game isn't for you. Sooner you realize that it will become less painful for everyone who reads these forums.

I've followed many MMOs that I felt "weren't quite there yet", and not yet worth my time/subscription. In some cases, they finally reached a point where I felt they'd reached that point and so I went back. In others, they never got to that point and so I just forgot about them and moved on.

There is no "A or B" dichotomy to these things. People tend to see MMOs in far too "black or white" terms; where you're either "a fanboy" or you're "a hater". In both cases, it's the result of intellectually lazy people making short-sighted arguments. 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with someone sitting on the sidelines of a game that they find interesting, and would like to play... but are concerned that existing issues would make it an unenjoyable experience. That's what I see MTibbs doing; following the game, wanting to play it, but finding it's not worth the purchase for them, yet.

Predictably, though, fans are going to completely ignore that, and twist it out of context.  They see someone saying negative things about "their game"... and so they go into attack mode and start slinging mud, as though they'd been insulted personally. I'll never understand that. Do these people get so bent out of shape if someone criticizes their preferred music? Books? Movies? Foods?

It's ridiculous behavior, and yet it's also the most pervasive around these forums. People are so frigging sensitive about opinions different from their own... and yet they read it anyway. They're tired of seeing negative feedback about the game... yet they keep reading it, instead of ignoring it. Then they bitch about it. There's a saying, "don't like the music, change the station". In this case, "don't like the topic, change to a different thread".

edit: Out of my curious nature I wonder whats the likely hood of someone leaving an mmo and actually returning to it within say a six month period?

Potentially very high. Look at FFXIV. That game, under any other developer, would likely have had the plug pulled after its original launch. People wanted nothing to do with it. Yet, once SE made improvements to it, around 1.18 (I'm talking pre-ARR here; the original version of the game), and even after  they reinstated subs, many people came back, found it enjoyable and played straight up 'til they took the servers offline to make way for 2.0/ARR. Many new people came on during that time as well.

Though many around these forums would have you believe that anyone with a negative opinion of "their game" is just a hater who shouldn't be playing MMOs, blah blah.... Many are genuinely interested in a game, have some reservations about it, and wish to discuss them to get a better gauge on how the game is doing (rather than, say, listening only to the PR), so they can decide whether it's a good time to take the plunge or not.

Originally posted by Deathsmind

You dont think it fixes anything? They have shows about the exact same thing. Kitchen Nightmares and whatever the other one is. They take companies that are doing bad, horrible customer service, bad food, etc. They then improve it.

Products are always improving based on reviews the customers have. If nothing ever improved then we would still have the same products from 100s of years ago.

Companies are always looking at reviews and how their sells are affected. People who write bad reviews allows for 1+ person to not buy that product. When more and more reviews come in it really affects the sales and companies will try and see what it is they need to do to improve it.

Half the places on that show go out of business or change ownership within six months of airing. The ones that do make it  jack the prices of everything on the menu ( I've been to one before and after the changes) Bad reviews don't do jack for a game. Just like good reviews don't do jack for a game. The direction of the game is already set in advance. The only time I really see change is when someone goes onto their actual forums mind you and goes on a crusade to get either a needed change into the game, or something that group of people wants. What happens on mmorpg.com has no bearing on what will occur in eso sorry to disappoint you.

Originally posted by Deathsmind

Half the places on that show go out of business or change ownership within six months of airing. The ones that do make it  jack the prices of everything on the menu ( I've been to one before and after the changes) Bad reviews don't do jack for a game. Just like good reviews don't do jack for a game. The direction of the game is already set in advance. The only time I really see change is when someone goes onto their actual forums mind you and goes on a crusade to get either a needed change into the game, or something that group of people wants. What happens on mmorpg.com has no bearing on what will occur in eso sorry to disappoint you.

Im guessing you are not part of the gaming industry then. You would know that people search all forums. Just because you dont agree with something or know what you are talking about doesnt mean its true.

Also they go back to those restaurants in later seasons. Most of them stay in business as well as the fact that if you go online to the channels page they give you a check in 6 months afterwards. Almost every single one of them stay open when they were about to close their doors.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

You're kidding me right? A bad review doesn't fix anything?

Square immediately said their game FFXIV was a poorly designed and implemented MMO after the massive wave of complaints and bad review of their product. Do you think it would have changed had there not been bad reviews? No absolutely not. I praise that company for stating that they made a major mistake and went back to the drawing boards for their product. Several years later we got FFXIV:ARR a much better product than it's initial release.

Don't underestimate the power of the consumers.

I have to agree 100%

The sad fact is that there are gaming websites that release shill reviews and praise any game, that a game company pays them with advertising bucks.

I feel if we had more honest review sites ESO might have been delayed or been released in a different state than it is now. 

Fact of the matter is, releasing fixes with just content updates is short sited and misaligned with the rest of the gaming population.

Lolipops !

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Azmodeus

The only thing that matters man is if you have fun or not.  Don't read all the crap on here, some of the crap you actually threw out here with the  hate and refund posts. 

If you are having fun then support and play the game, if you are not having fun move along, get a refund like you did and try something else.  Not sure of the intent of this post was.

I am having a blast still playing, and I  don't care how many of you like or hate the game.  It is NOT EQ1, but is my favorite MMO since EQ1 and I have played them all.

support a broken game and get more broken games. No matter how much you want or like a game, if it is broken it needs to be fixed before it becomes a service to the public. They are taking peoples money and not delivering a working product. Wanting to support the game does not mean going all blind and throw money at Zeni's face without caring about it. My opinion.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.