Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazingly Confusing

GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132

I got FF14 on sale last year and messed around for a bit during my 30-days. Interesting game but I just ran out of time to play.

This weekend I have no kids or wife around so was planning on going back and giving it a serious spin (as much as possible over a long weekend of gaming and beer). Took me over 30 minutes to recover my account. Then I see the Enrty subscription and think - sweet! - I only need one character. And...its a $2 discount lol. Does anyone EVER use the Entry option?

More to the point - is the entire game this confusing and convoluted? I'd love to give it a try (again), but I have to admit to being pretty turned off at this point.

Comments

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

I use the entry level sub since you can level all classes / crafts on one character.

I don't see how having two subscription choices makes the game confusing or convoluted.  If you mean by having to recover your account because you had misplaced your password, I don't see how the game is at fault for that.

• HaltavenHaltaven Member UncommonPosts: 16
    SE always been kinda hard to revover accounts. The good news is the game play is way better and not confusing.
  • GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Originally posted by Haltaven
    SE always been kinda hard to revover accounts. The good news is the game play is way better and not confusing.

Thanks. I made a snap judgement about the FF14 community after reading the first response and just ponied up for EQ2:ToV so I'll be doing that instead this weekend. But Labor Day isn't too far away  :)

• krimson89krimson89 Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by nickster29

I use the entry level sub since you can level all classes / crafts on one character.

I don't see how having two subscription choices makes the game confusing or convoluted.  If you mean by having to recover your account because you had misplaced your password, I don't see how the game is at fault for that.

This wasn't rude or snappy at all. You people need to chill.

• CrevoxCrevox Member Posts: 1

For some reason people get butthurt when you point out their flaws and misplaced complaints...

"I lost my password! SE took more than 30 minutes to find it for me! This game sucks!"

This is trolling.

• GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132

Truly wasn't trying to cause any drama. Just surprised how convoluted the password recovery system was. I lose passwords all the time and it is completely my fault. Would be nice if fixing my error was a bit easier. And it is in most games...

Asked for information about the game since the initial problems concerned me about the polish of the game as a whole. That concern seems unfounded.

Clearly the FF14 players are a bigger hurdle to overcome. If that makes me 'butthurt' so be it  :(

PS - Ironic that someone's first post is a troll about trolling...just saw that...

• MalacthMalacth Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Originally posted by djnestrick

Truly wasn't trying to cause any drama. Just surprised how convoluted the password recovery system was. I lose passwords all the time and it is completely my fault. Would be nice if fixing my error was a bit easier. And it is in most games...

Asked for information about the game since the initial problems concerned me about the polish of the game as a whole. That concern seems unfounded.

Clearly the FF14 players are a bigger hurdle to overcome. If that makes me 'butthurt' so be it  :(

PS - Ironic that someone's first post is a troll about trolling...just saw that...

Don't judge the game's player base on a few comments you might not agree with. Like every other MMO the player base is very diverse, nice people and not so nice people. I've had a better experience with this community so far though.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Malacth

Don't judge the game's player base on a few comments you might not agree with. Like every other MMO the player base is very diverse, nice people and not so nice people. I've had a better experience with this community so far though.

This.

Plus, it took them 30 minutes to get your password?  Seems rather nice, NCSoft whenever I try to recover my account takes about an hour for them to email me.

I mean your complaint OP, is a stupid complaint, and I'm sorry but that's a fact.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I love this game but their account management website(s) are really bad.