Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New One-Shot is fun but hard

ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
I'm really liking the variety of objectives and the evironment change, but the first three "Protect the Dora Majile" guards is really obnoxious. I fail half the time on my geared Squirrel Girl because the mobs spawn non-stop, killing them barely mitigates anything, and it ends up being a random crap shoot on where the people you have to protect end up moving and if enough mobs fire from the right angles. I know they were nerfed, then slightly re-buffed over the weekend, but this challenge is really hard to "feel out" solo. Teaming doesn't seem to be a problem, but man... this is the worst event in Holo-Sim too, protecting those knuckleheads from HYDRA that just annihilate them

Comments

• BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321

Originally posted by Impacthound
    I'm really liking the variety of objectives and the evironment change, but the first three "Protect the Dora Majile" guards is really obnoxious. I fail half the time on my geared Squirrel Girl because the mobs spawn non-stop, killing them barely mitigates anything, and it ends up being a random crap shoot on where the people you have to protect end up moving and if enough mobs fire from the right angles. I know they were nerfed, then slightly re-buffed over the weekend, but this challenge is really hard to "feel out" solo. Teaming doesn't seem to be a problem, but man... this is the worst event in Holo-Sim too, protecting those knuckleheads from HYDRA that just annihilate them

They tweaked the One Shots, how are they working now for ya?

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by Chaoticwake

Originally posted by Impacthound

They tweaked the One Shots, how are they working now for ya?

I'll need to give it another try, Sentinel week was distracting and they nerfed the loot so I was in Midtown and X-Defense mainly.

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    I tried it on a level 42 solo last night, and it was significantly more survivable. I survived the first two Dora events with effort, and failed the third. Haven't yet tried it with geared 60s but that alone was nice to see, so low levels can at least start to gear off the chests in the One-Shot as an option. Drops were halfway decent too, cosmics in both chests I survived.