Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quest arrows begone :) !!!

tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Ohh My I wish they would just add an option to turn OFF the quest hints and Arrows, In that way you won't get obvious help with every single quest ingame, PLEASE make it an option in settings..:)

I know you can turn off quest arrows for the NPC's that gives out the quest , but that is NOT what I want...Not that I complain about it thou :)

I have noticed in the dialogue and or quest description that the help you get in there is enough to manage the quest, maybe some of them needs to get an added description for this to work...

It seems like a feature that can be added rather easy :)

Comments

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

I have reported this before- that most quests do not require much independent thought. Everything you need is usually right there in front of you. But yes I absolutely hope they make quests more intellectually challenging in the future.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    For a theme park, is it weird I want to be prompted for my quest? And have them tell me it is done?

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Quests already take long enough.  They'd have to triple my XP to put up with shenanigans.  Their descriptions about where to go and what to do are bad, and sometimes following the markers doesn't help.  Not to mention when you come across one that's glitched out and you need to relog or just give up.

Not against putting the option in, I just don't see how it would be better. 

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Just running in the direction of an arrow on a map or compass dumbs down the entire questing....

If you like that kind of gameplay... there are enough MMo´s that give that experience..  another one is overdone.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    If there is not something on the screen to show me where to go how would I ever figure it out? I play MMORPGs to relax not to be challenged.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• JoeyjojoshabaduJoeyjojoshabadu Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Just running in the direction of an arrow on a map or compass dumbs down the entire questing....

If you like that kind of gameplay... there are enough MMo´s that give that experience..  another one is overdone.

I agree. Someone commented a while ago about a quest-giver (can't remember which one) who asked you to search for a mysterious hidden cave ....... only to have a marker immediately pop up showing you exactly where it is. I'm all for relaxation, but it ended up being too much of a Skinner-box where one pecks at quest markers for his reward pellet of xp/gold.

• vort3xvort3x Member Posts: 129

Welcome to how the modern games are made...

That's why I just left all the MMORPGs and went back to playing Morrowind. There at least I don' get the feeling that the game is treating me like I'm a complete retard.

But this is what kids wanted in the games, otherwise it wouldn't be there...

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    Originally posted by vort3x

Welcome to how the modern games are made...

That's why I just left all the MMORPGs and went back to playing Morrowind. There at least I don' get the feeling that the game is treating me like I'm a complete retard.

But this is what kids wanted in the games, otherwise it wouldn't be there...

It's really odd, Zenimax has opted for many things that today would be considered oldschool, like no mini compass for example, no nametags.

They have an OPTION to remove questgivers..wich makes it impoosible to find those unless you talk to every NPC you see

But they do not give you the option of turning of this AD/HD feature, I can read , and I can hear just fine..Just put an option for turning off quest Arrows :) It's odd really

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Has nobody in this thread heard of all the mods for ESO?  I have a mod that can remove any and all HUD or UI elements.  ESOUI.com is your friend.
    Originally posted by Entinerint
    Has nobody in this thread heard of all the mods for ESO?  I have a mod that can remove any and all HUD or UI elements.  ESOUI.com is your friend.

Well, I did som checking, and this issue can't be modded ..

Anyway, I would NEVER install ANY mod part from maybe this one ..and this one can't be made.

Modding is a PLAGUE..

• Yeah -  OP's idea could work in ESO but there would have to be an alternate way of leveling.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by jonesing22
    Yeah -  OP's idea could work in ESO but there would have to be an alternate way of leveling.

exactly this is the reason modern MMo´s will never again be like the old games...... everyone wants his own taste inside each MMO....

The game to me is quite simple....

1) You level trough quests and stories in PvE

2) You do dungeons for better gear

3) You do PvP for having fun...

Promote it like that... and everyone knows what he gets...

Originally posted by Joeyjojoshabadu

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I agree. Someone commented a while ago about a quest-giver (can't remember which one) who asked you to search for a mysterious hidden cave ....... only to have a marker immediately pop up showing you exactly where it is. I'm all for relaxation, but it ended up being too much of a Skinner-box where one pecks at quest markers for his reward pellet of xp/gold.

There allways needs to be a bit of Ballance tough.... If an NPC marked a wellknown place on your Map, the arrows would be okay...  and i can definately live with the marked areas some quests show (the circles)  ..... but when you are searching for something straight arrows dont work

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by thark

Ohh My I wish they would just add an option to turn OFF the quest hints and Arrows, In that way you won't get obvious help with every single quest ingame, PLEASE make it an option in settings..:)

I know you can turn off quest arrows for the NPC's that gives out the quest , but that is NOT what I want...Not that I complain about it thou :)

I have noticed in the dialogue and or quest description that the help you get in there is enough to manage the quest, maybe some of them needs to get an added description for this to work...

It seems like a feature that can be added rather easy :)

I can't entirely agree, but I wouldn't mind seeing something where, maybe, you don't see a quest arrow until you ask someone, "Hey, do you know where Joe Blow lives?" If they do then it can populate your map. I could get on board with something like that. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
  • WW4BWWW4BW Member UncommonPosts: 501

I hate quest based progression with a passion.

When quests in games were few and far between, I would love reading all of it and figuring out the little puzzles about where to go, when to be there, and what to do .

But the way its been done since WoW is a plague upon MMOs.

Kill tasks used to be loot based and you could buy the loot or pre grind the mobs and then go and turn in tokens once you had farmed your fill. Now its all about running back and forth and back and forth and accepting mundane quests from NPCs with those ugly floating quest markers.

Since WoW, the gameplay has become so myopic. Players are only focused on those damn quest markers and there is an constant need for mashing buttons to do anything. It ruined the MMORPG experience for me and turned, what was a great social experience, into a mediocre solo action rpg.

This sort of game play has its merits. Its highly addictive, with the constant rewards for clearly defined tasks. And I did enjoy it for a while. But I enjoy my farming and my socializing more. And that lost out in the new way of making MMOs. 

Quests should be an epic way of introducing players to lore or to give them a challenge out of the ordinary. And they dont need be over in 5-30 minutes.. 

*edit* Sorry for ranting off topic.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by immodium

This mod seems to do it.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info190-PinKiller.html

Yup that's one of them.

Anyway, I would NEVER install ANY mod part from maybe this one ..and this one can't be made.

Modding is a PLAGUE..

It can and it has been.

"Modding is a PLAGUE" wow ok you deserve what you get then.

Originally posted by immodium

This mod seems to do it.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info190-PinKiller.html

Yup that's one of them.

Modding is a PLAGUE..

It can and it has been.

"Modding is a PLAGUE" wow ok you deserve what you get then.

It doesnt work..as you see in the screenshots the Arrow is still Active in the Compass.

By saying that modding is a plague, well I mean that in the sense that it brings in all sorts of tools that later becomes mandatory in PvP.