Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3 Interview killed my interest

124»

Comments

• DezuriaDezuria Member Posts: 43

I'm not sure why people want to make upcoming games the same as games that are already out. If you want solo, play WoW. If you want a super simplified guided game, play EQ2. But don't say that Vanguard should follow those paths, as there is no reason for another WoW/EQ2. Vanguard might have the same challenge level of EQ, but it's still its own game.

• FeyshteyFeyshtey Member UncommonPosts: 137

And then folks try to find a balance on this scale, and no balance can be found.  Soloing need to give the BEST solo edges, so that nobody but soloers solo well...and grouping giving grouping edges.

Ok. Let me go over this for you yet another time....

If you give solo rewards to soloers to make them the best soloers, you're still treating someone unfairly. This is relevant because it's your contention that raiders get unfair preference over soloers in gear upgrades. Mainly that they get raid level loot that makes them more powerful soloers.

And you've stated that solo'ing has to be possible in the games, because there are times when you just can't get a group, or just don't want a group.

Your system is telling anyone that concentrates mainly on grouping or raiding, that they damn well better be able to get a group or raid every time they log in. Because if they can't, their gear is going to suck for solo'ing.

I've said it before: You have no problem with someone being treated unfairly as long as it's not you.

The difference between your system and the standard system (where groupers and raiders get better gear making them universally stronger), is that a grouper or a raider had to cooperate with other players for their upgrades. Whereas the solo'er can mitigate all risks they take by having any fault in failure placed only on themselves.

These games should be about cooperation. And Vanguard is putting that in focus. You don't have to cooperate with others. But that gives you no right to demand that you be as powerful as those who do dedicate to cooperation in any aspect of the game.

Yet, some folks like to think a ''lame solo'' system is worth it, not it is not, and everytime someone try to say solo is part of the game while it is lame, I feel insulted.  Soloers dont want to rule the grouping & raiding games, they just want something...to solo better then any non-soloer.  This is a reasonable and rational request, everyone that care can solo to their hearth content, if they dont, well they are enjoying another aspect of the game, which mean they are subscribing and happy and you have a safenet called soloing for when they get bored and maybe to catch them to keep them playing while you fixed grouping or raiding...

It is neither a reasonable, nor rational request. The core of the game, it's focus, it's purpose, is to promote group cooperation. You cannot do that, and have the system designed around promoting solo'ers. It is precisely the opposite of logical to suggest otherwise. And it is the reverse of rational to demand it when so many players wish so strongly to avoid it.

What would be logical would be to go find a game that promises something closer to your desires. WHat would be rational would be to understand the concept of differing target audiences for games, and realize that this game is not targeted at you or your desires.

And I've said this before too: There is nothing wrong with your desires. My desires are no more right than yours. BUT, I am right to put my hopes and attention into this game, because it promises to offer what I want. And you are wrong to try to change it from what I want into what you want. Doing so is selfish, arogant, and greedy.

Again, solo is not the enemy, the enemy is to try to put everything in 1 system.  Someone that always group(like I often do) dont deserve solo uberness, he deserve group uberness, nothing more, nothing less...and guess what, a grouper will group for no other reason then becoming a better grouper!

Irrelevant. If you build a game with the hope to promote grouping whenever and wherever possible, then what solo'ers want is a non-factor. Sure, there should be some very limited ability for a person to solo. But only because sometimes that is the only option available to a player. NOT because you want a person to be able to play out a game without grouping. Not when what you want is for people to group.

Giving solo'ers solo rewards is all fine and dandy. But a person who plays the game the way it is intended to be played should never find himself at a disadvantage on those rare occasions where he simply cannot find a group. To do otherwise is counterproductive. It promotes people ignoring grouping (the focus of the game) and go solo instead.

Anyone that looks at WoW for 30 seconds can make that abundently clear.

Yet, the way you think will bring all the systems to favorised PvP(or raiding if they are carebears, or tradeskill, or a mixt of the 3 like DnL).  Favorised an unrightfull aspect of the game in the others aspect is plainly killing the others.  A soloer need to see soloing as been what he need to developp, focus, fullfill...if he plan to solo better.  He try to group 1 day...nice now he know he is quite lame in groups and need to work it as well if he want to group better, which is just fine, logical and FAIR.

How FAIR is it for you to demand that a game we all want not be made? How FAIR is it for you to ignore the multitude of games on the market that fully support solo'ing, or even encourage it, and demand that this game do the same? How FAIR is it, that you treat everyone here as inferiors and demand that they give up what they put their hopes in to placate you, when you have many other options available and they have none?

Think about your course here, and come back and tell me just how much you're concerned with FAIR. You aren't. You want what you want, and to hell with everyone else. Fair has little to do with your stance.

I respect more a game that say:  No soloing, then a game that say yes soloing but in fact make solo lame.  Same apply with any aspect that is not self reliant.  A Dragon flagged as a solo mob should be something only the most accomplished soloers would consider to try, groups & raids should avoid them like plague.  A Dragon flagged as a group mob should be something only groups would consider, raids and soloers should avoid them like plagues.  A Dragon flagged as raid mob, should be something only raiders consider, and everyone else avoid like plague.  Simple, logical, efficient and...FUN!

How about this: Respect a game that tells you right up front that yeah, you'll be able to solo. But that makes no promises about how satisfying you'll find it. Or that tells you point blank that you will never be as viable in any situation if you solo in their game. And allows you to make the choice to find something more appealing to you.

If anyone here is at fault for their direction or statements, it's not Sigil. It's you. You keep stating that Sigil claims that solo will be profitable in Vanguard and that they are lying about it. But the reality is that it is YOU who are imagining, or fabricating what Sigil said so that you have some rickety platform to stand on. Without the falsehoods you make about Sigil and about Vanguard, you are nothing more than a petulant child holding his breath till Mommy and Daddy give him what he wants.

-Feyshtey-

• Redfeather75Redfeather75 Member UncommonPosts: 230

When you begin to realize how much more this game will offer in the way of character development and dynamic content, you won't even have time to think about the solo/group ratio of content.

There will be a VAST amount for anyone to do, regardless of their preference.

• CearaCeara Member Posts: 75

EQ is and always was a fairy land for fairies

as far as it being the greatest game sure if your a fairy

UO was and always will be the best ever  game  and most of that  goodness in UO was do to the fact  that  your palms would sweat and your knees would knock from time to time

the only thing eq did for me is   make  me groan at the  long  monster camping sessions i had to  go through

and the amount of times they had to reinvent eq because it was  such a sad game

the people that endured the monster camping and  think it was fun 

have  zero epxerience in  online gaming under their belt to know  what a  good game  is suppose to be like

and all they know is mundane crapola which they  think is a godsend

it is a sad day for mmorps when people think that mundane boring crapolla games like  eq are the greatest games ever

no wonder the devs are spewing out  crapolla these days  monkies are running around promoting crap as the best ever games

having guilds and being social is a good thing but being forced into it is a dumb thing

the way they are  making this game promises to be another  sick game to replace a and even sicker game

complicated  fighting controls why

complicated skills why

and why are we  expected to be in a guild and play  in a group or be penalized

some  peole like to play by themselve once in awhile without having to be penalized

ONLY PEOPLE THAT THINK THIS AND  THE ENTIRE eq SERIES IS  GREAT ARE FAIRIES THAT WANT TO LIVE IN A FAIRYLAND BECAUSE THEIR REAL WORLD IS SO  SCREWED UP THAT THEY CANT FACE THEMSELVES IN A MIRROR

borING GAMES  ARE FOR BORING PEOPLE WETHER THEY ARE IN A GROUP OR BY THEMSELVES

THE e3 THING KILLED THIS GAME  POSTMORTOMUS  NO CHANCE TO BECOME A GREAT MMORPG

JUST ANOTHER FAIRYLAND FOR FAIRIES

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

Wow, the gankers really get their panties in a wad when a game comes out that doesn't allow them to gank newbs who are just out trying to make the next level.

image image

• ArinthelArinthel Member Posts: 22

My doubt:

Is there really a large market for an MMO which requires you to sit down for several hours a day just to advance?  I believe no, as the veteran gamers who enjoy that type of game are rapidly aging and obtaining responsibilities that prohibit them from playing for several hours straight.

In other words, my fear is that this otherwise excellent-looking game will crash and burn if it does not have some way to make a short play session productive.

Originally posted by n2sooners

Wow, the gankers really get their panties in a wad when a game comes out that doesn't allow them to gank newbs who are just out trying to make the next level.

umm the game isnt out yet are you drunk gankers no i dont play a red but neither do i hide from them like a fairy i  actually got good enough to go hunting reds and didnt run off to mama

crying like a baby

fairies run away to play  in fairyland they can make it there barely because there is no challenge

leaving people like me to defend the rest of the noobs that stayed behind and showed courage

you see in a pvp game there  are not only reds there are some  who have honor courage and the will to  know with all to fight for what they believe

all the while fairies like you run to fairyland to monster squat

the bottom line without  pvp open pvp that is there is no excitement

only a bunch of fairies that  havn't got the  brains to realize that monster squating  is onoly fun for so long and after awhile it is just a fairyland

created for all the little fairies that cant make it in an  exciting game so they pretend they are

MR big in fairyland  the king of fairyland is still a fairy  to me

to the few  and far between heros that  played UO  and were not a red I tip my hat

their hearts  are forged  their  courage is  unquestioned and their  knighthood  a given

to all the fairies that  run around  leveling in mundane monster squats  there is only one name for you fairy

after UO the original was ruined I admit I tried these games and even managed to make it to level 93 in ac before  it became painfully obvious  what we have here is  a fairyland  made by fairies for fairies

Originally posted by n2sooners

umm the game isnt out yet are you drunk gankers no i dont play a red but neither do i hide from them like a fairy i  actually got good enough to go hunting reds and didnt run off to mama

crying like a baby

fairies run away to play  in fairyland they can make it there barely because there is no challenge

leaving people like me to defend the rest of the noobs that stayed behind and showed courage

you see in a pvp game there  are not only reds there are some  who have honor courage and the will to  know with all to fight for what they believe

the bottom line without  pvp open pvp that is there is no excitement

only a bunch of fairies that  havn't got the  brains to realize that monster squating  is onoly fun for so long and after awhile it is just a fairyland

created for all the little fairies that cant make it in an  exciting game so they pretend they are

MR big in fairyland  the king of fairyland is still a fairy  to me

to the few  and far between heros that  played UO  and were not a red I tip my hat

their hearts  are forged  their  courage is  unquestioned and their  knighthood  a given

to all the fairies that  run around  leveling in mundane monster squats  there is only one name for you fairy

after UO the original was ruined I admit I tried these games and even managed to make it to level 93 in ac before  it became painfully obvious  what we have here is  a fairyland  made by fairies for fairies

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

To Caera:

Is there any particular reason you feel the need to double space after every badly-worded sentence?

are you  refering to my typing as a defense for  vangaurds  up and coming fairy romp

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

Originally posted by darquenblade
    To Caera:
    Is there any particular reason you feel the need to double space after every badly-worded sentence?

Someone lost their medication is my guess.

image image

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by Ceara

the bottom line without pvp open pvp that is there is no excitement
    to the few and far between heros that played UO and were not a red I tip my hat
    their hearts are forged their courage is unquestioned and their knighthood a given

No excitement FOR YOU. I never found fighting PCs to be all that different from fighting NPCs, except that NPCs don't whine. Don't even start with the greater challenge of real people. Most real people are painfully predictable.

Courage? Gimme a break! How much courage does it take to sit on your butt in front of a computer playing any game at all?! (The answer is NONE, just in case you've completely lost touch with reality.) If you need to prove you are brave and worthy, go do volunteer work in the real world.

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

volunteer I volunteeer this

all you fairies monster sqauting in fairyland  are you not bored yet

do actually need another round of  it lol  vanguard  is preparing another monster sqauting ro-pm in fairyland for all you little wee fairies so you can run around with your pride intact

stay away from any game that has  pvp im particular stay away from DNL  it  will make your king fairyness shine like  its suppose to shine

all hail eq the land of fairies

all hail vanguard the next generation fairyland for  those that are  too slow and too dumb to  make it in  an open pvp

instead of pvp excitement they will give you   complicated controls  to keep your minds busy

and they  will toss in a little  duel system for those  brave fairies to tool with

now that is what they call pushing the genre  foward 3rd generation

wow wee are they  pulling the wool over the EQ crowd or what

vanguard like all the other  fairylands devoid of any realism will be hailed  as the best game ever and all will line up to play in fairyland with the other little fairies

DNL will make vangaurd  devs look like the silly little fairies that they are

pathetic

Mcquad and  his team have amounted to a big ZERO

promising the moon delivering an old game engine with  eq2 content and devoid of pvp realism is not in the equation

sad sad day

eat it  up guys they are shoveling  the crap at you at light speed

• KaneKane Member Posts: 780

Uh...was that even ENGLISH?

• EtericEteric Member UncommonPosts: 38

Originally posted by Ceara
    volunteer I volunteeer this
    all you fairies monster sqauting in fairyland are you not bored yet
    do actually need another round of it lol vanguard is preparing another monster sqauting ro-pm in fairyland for all you little wee fairies so you can run around with your pride intact
    stay away from any game that has pvp im particular stay away from DNL it will make your king fairyness shine like its suppose to shine
    all hail eq the land of fairies
    all hail vanguard the next generation fairyland for those that are too slow and too dumb to make it in an open pvp
    instead of pvp excitement they will give you complicated controls to keep your minds busy
    and they will toss in a little duel system for those brave fairies to tool with
    now that is what they call pushing the genre foward 3rd generation
    wow wee are they pulling the wool over the EQ crowd or what
    vanguard like all the other fairylands devoid of any realism will be hailed as the best game ever and all will line up to play in fairyland with the other little fairies
    DNL will make vangaurd devs look like the silly little fairies that they are
    pathetic
    Mcquad and his team have amounted to a big ZERO
    promising the moon delivering an old game engine with eq2 content and devoid of pvp realism is not in the equation
    sad sad day
    eat it up guys they are shoveling the crap at you at light speed

Yes, and all you brainless pvpers can go fight your brainless battles in a brainless game with no depth and relies on brainless PVP to get by. Your game will have no fantasy, just built around brainless battle where you compare your penises and hang out with 12 year old CS/ WoW/ and Battlenet kiddies.

So please, leave us, "fairies" alone, and go play something that any retard can figure out. Leave the good, fantasy MMORPGs that don't want open PVP, to us... Kkthxbye.

My intention wasn't to upset people it was to draw attention to what I believe are deficiencies in this game

that said I  appologize for any feeling that I may  have hurt

hope you can understand how people can be crushed by expectations falling short

i am sure this game will be a very well made game with top rung grarphics

and a storyline and game system that is well worth the  wait to play

especially the content end promises to be

very good

I just wish it more too my liking

in the end one gets out of the game only what the people put into it if it attracts mature  like minded people then it will be  a great game

at this stage its in its infancy and to pass judgement on it is a mistake  on my part as well as many others

ENJOy the game  peeps

sorry  to disturb your  world

• Redfeather75Redfeather75 Member UncommonPosts: 230

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the games FAQs it says that the game will have PvP, and hopefully will have a number of PvP servers using various PvP rulesets.

They lying on the main site?