Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Current Dailies

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
What dailies are people currently doing in WoW for weapons and armor? Or, are they the same old ones that were there at the beginning of MoP?

Thanks!

Comments

• MalinkadinkMalinkadink Member UncommonPosts: 79
    To get basic starting gear basically what people do is go to timeless and get the 496 ilvl  stuff there, there is a weapon but it will take way too long to farm the coins for it if your gear is no good to begin with. Best way to get a weapon is to just queue for raid finder or get the pvp one. I mainly pvp so i just got pvp gear from the get go. 
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    How long would it take to farm enough coins to get all your Timeless Isle gear up to level 535?

Also, what level is regular raid finder gear now?

Thanks!
  • ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by MightyUnclean
    How long would it take to farm enough coins to get all your Timeless Isle gear up to level 535?

Also, what level is regular raid finder gear now?

Thanks!

All you can really say to that one is 'depends'. 496 gear pretty much drops like rain when you first get there from MOB's and chests, so that will boost you pretty quickly initially.

There are two Burden of Eternity that you can get for free, one from a chest and one from finishing a quest chain, you use those to boost the standard 496 gear to 535 (have to use it on an unopened piece of gear) and the rest really depends on how lucky you get.

The celestials also drop some high level PvP & PvE gear, but you only have a shot at that once a week, so make the most of it by trading in lesser charms of good fortune for warforged seals as they offer you an extra roll when you defeat a celestial.

Other Burdens can be bought for 50,000 coins, picked up as random drops from pretty much all of the tougher MOB's on the island or you may get lucky buying keys and opening chests in one of the caves.

When you first arrive, there is a quest chain to ease you in to what th island is about, make your priority boosting yourself with what is available, food from vendors, food from trees, the 'Book of ages' and 'singing crystals' that drop from MOB's as well as the shrines around the island, these are very inportant to progressing a bit quicker. One especially to look out for is a random drop from the 'Eerie Crystals' found in the cavern of lost spirits which is a 'Crystal of insanity' which boosts all stats by 500 for 60 minutes and unlike other boosts can be used off the isle as well.

Just doing the basic quests and dailies, i had the 20,000 coin weapon within 3 days and that was without taking on any farming.

Also bear in mind that the unused gear can be sent to Alts, so if you get a drop you cannot use on that character, don't just dump it, send it on to give other characters a boost before they arrive at the isle.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.