Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game has gone downhill...

MelsonoMelsono Member UncommonPosts: 3

I remember playing this game back in 2004-2005 when it was a simplistic game of you roaming maps killing stuff to gather items like meteors and money to get the best gear.

I loved Conquer back then. I loved being a Taoist because they always had cute outfits and being a Water Taoist was probably the most fun I ever had. I never got to be any good. I made friends with a few people around the world and one day I just walked away from the game and didn't come back until 2009. None of my friends played anymore and I couldn't really do much on my own. So I stopped.

I kept seeing ads for game and MMORPG.com had this recent giveaway. Reading past threads, this seems like a similar situation to most people, but I don't have an issue with the company itself. I have an issue with the game now.

It's turned into one of these auto-pathing games. What happened to this game? Why can't I actually CREATE my character anymore? Why must I deal with this auto-generated character and then save up to make her look the way I want? The quests seem questionable and it seems like they rooted and gutted the entire thing. This isn't what it use to be, it's far worse.

i tried to go along for a bit because I wanted to see if at some point I can stop getting barraged with 'HEY DO THIS THING, WE'LL TAKE YOU THERE.' I couldn't though. I got to a certain point and my character got stuck inside another NPC and I couldn't move. If the game mechanics are that sloppy then.. I just have no hope for you.

You were a good game once, Conquer. It's sad to see you die like this.