Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Wildstar really worth a sub?

12345679»

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    FTP does not improve gameplay. No one decides that a game is great but they won't play because of the payment system. People don't play games because they find them boring or unbalanced.

I didn't comment the when you first quoted me and said this, but in general I believe you are right. Swtor's conversion can't be ignored though. As I type and look back on Swtor, as I remember, the situation then may have been different from what WS is experiencing now though. The majority of Swtor's issues came from an complete lack of content. 

Your comment may be more appropriate than I first considered. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • babachickibabababachickibaba Member Posts: 3
    If other MMORPGs would take a page from how Wildstar does their character class system, I'd be playing a whole lot of other MMOs. I'm only playing Wildstar now. I'd say its worth it.
  • jjddgguzmanjjddgguzman Member Posts: 16
    I'm saying worth it, I'm playing and enjoying at the moment. Have not regretted plopping down money for it.
  • MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    Originally posted by Instigator-Jones
    Originally posted by Dauntis
    I am completely neutral on this subject. I have an opinion but I firmly believe I am not allowed to express it unless I want to be banned.

Seriously? Man up... express your opinion, just keep it classy. 

OP, to answer your title - I hope so.

no way the moderators here are completely biased and would prolly result in a ban or warning regardless

• holyneoholyneo Member UncommonPosts: 154

Wasn't gonna read 17 pages of comments...

This is direction to the OP.  You don't have to pay.  You can play for free if your willing to work for it in game.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

Sure, it's worth a sub, at least to see the leveling experience once or twice. (Maybe from both sides.)

Beyond that, if you don't raid, then no, it's really not worth a sub. The PvP is subpar and the dungeon content is really just about pushing you towards raiding.

• obocoboc Member UncommonPosts: 189

It's 1000000% worth a sub if you.

Have patience 

Willing to join and guild and use voice.

Have more patience.

Enjoy actually earning and working for things.

Willing to take responsibility for your actions and get BETTER.

And last, have MORE PATIENCE.

As people can see by the population atm, not many have these qualities.

• kinartkinart Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    In wildstar you can sub, buy with cash or play free with in game credit. OP you didn't know this, or do you Just want a free lunch and sponge free play on a server by relying on other people funding the game for you?

No this ain't true. In F2P games, when you don't buy things from the cash shop, you are actually working for the company in order to provide a human controlled character, for the other players - the ones that buy stuff - to enjoy, whether that is to provide an easy target in PvP, a healbot or whatever else is needed in a PvE group, or just a filler in the otherwise empty (shared) world/chat channels/guild channels, etc. And your salary is that "you get to enjoying the free stuff".

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516

Is this game (or any game for that matter) really worth a $15 monthly sub?

I say no.

With a plethora of great games going (successfully) to non-subscription marketing while still avoiding the pay-to-win nightmare, I dont see how NC Soft will pull this off for long before at least adding in a F2P option.

Seriously, they did it with GW and GW2, why not this game?

The only sub MMO thats stood the test of time successfully is WOW and, well... its WOW.

Not touching this one until they at least remove the sub, I dont mind paying the game price, but times are changing and subs are a thing of the past.

--------------------------------------

Is anything in this world really worth 15$ or any money??

i say no

With a plethora of great free stuff for the poor to gain ( successfully ) for the welfare subscription people, while still avoiding the pay to get stuft nightmare, I don't see how the USA will pull this off for long before at least adding in more welfare or free to get option.

Seriously, they did it with the health system and the police, why not this time again?

the only paying people that stood the test of time sucessfully are the WOWrking people and, well is WOWrking

notidontare changing touching this one until they at least remove the price,  mind people paying for stuft, but time and now working people are a thing of the past

isrealyor ? anything in this word  worth 15? any money

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

If you have to ask, then clearly the answer is no.

"How much is this Ferrari?"  

"Sir, if you have to ask, you cannot afford it."

• Originally posted by Pepeq

If you have to ask, then clearly the answer is no.

"How much is this Ferrari?"  

"Sir, if you have to ask, you cannot afford it."

No thats not true...

• Calhoun619Calhoun619 Member Posts: 126

Instead of my big long love story about WS i'll answer by simply saying for me,

Without a doubt.

• Calhoun619Calhoun619 Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by RPGMASTERGAMER

I say no.

With a plethora of great games going (successfully) to non-subscription marketing while still avoiding the pay-to-win nightmare, I dont see how NC Soft will pull this off for long before at least adding in a F2P option.

The only sub MMO thats stood the test of time successfully is WOW and, well... its WOW.

Not touching this one until they at least remove the sub, I dont mind paying the game price, but times are changing and subs are a thing of the past.

--------------------------------------

Is anything in this world really worth 15$ or any money??

i say no

With a plethora of great free stuff for the poor to gain ( successfully ) for the welfare subscription people, while still avoiding the pay to get stuft nightmare, I don't see how the USA will pull this off for long before at least adding in more welfare or free to get option.

Seriously, they did it with the health system and the police, why not this time again?

the only paying people that stood the test of time sucessfully are the WOWrking people and, well is WOWrking

notidontare changing touching this one until they at least remove the price,  mind people paying for stuft, but time and now working people are a thing of the past

isrealyor ? anything in this word  worth 15? any money

How can you comment on if a game is worth a sub or not if you've never even played the game?

Also your comment on WoW above the quoted line is laughable.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Radakill

I say no.

The GW franchise is its own beast, designed from the ground up to be retail but non subscription.

I personally think WS is not worth a sub (i only like the graphics and artstyle). But fans will sub to it for some time at least. But even without a sub i dont feel its worth playing. I would watch it all day long, but not touching the game itself. It doesnt play that good,.