Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a fun mmo to play

adelphos2adelphos2 Member Posts: 5

Hello to everyone im a pvp addict (i hate housing, farming, easy stupid repetitive dungeons for loot and crafting) looking for a game completely skill based, what i mean is im sick and tired of games where gear is everything and it doesen't matter how skilled u are u cant fight without gearing up first. Here is a list of mmo ive most enjoyed:

.Age of wushu (p2w,fighting mechanics promised but where a huge dissapointment, a lot of different things to do from others mmo making it really unique and fun, also a unique leveling way eliminating grind)

.Aion (loved fast paced strategy pvp but hated the gearing and repetitive grind part)

.Regum (best skill based rvr until devs became greedy and made it extremley p2w)

.Raiderz/Tera (action combat where u cant block? thats not action combat thats for tera, hated the grind in raiderz)

.Wow (quit after everything i could do was getting in qeues for bg or dungeon and nothing else)

and all of the games i tried and quit cus of being repetitive/grind or wow/eq clones or p2w:

swtor, lotro, ragnarok, dc universe, pwi, jade dynasty, lineage2, age of conan, potbs and path of exile, rift.

now what im looking is a f2p mmo where skill is the most important factor, im sick of repeating the same dungeon to get geared so i can start fighting fairly. im also sick of geting owned by 15 years old kids just cus i work and study and cant waist my life gearing in a mmo. every other aspect doesen't really matter but i would prefer a game that rewards exploring and i love open world combat, what i hate is games that think they give u a great pvp aspect just for opening some stupid battlegrounds.

So basicaly a open world pvp game with casual aspects and player skills as main factor.

Some of the things i would love to see in a mmo:

. encourage for exploring (i mean more reasons to explore and find new places than stpid quests of go to x find x kill x amount)

. rvr or open world pvp (i hate stupid battlegrounds)

. gear beeing only aesthetic or at least not a main thing, just a little advantage

. dungeons made to have fun not to re run 10.000 for the gear ( i loved aion dungeons cus of the teamwork and challenge they needed.. just the first time cus every re run was really boring)

. and this one is the hardest to find and its to have unique or hybrid classes or maybe the option to mix 2 or more classes

so to resume everything into 1 sentece what i mainly look for is a skill (player skill) based pvp open world mmo where gear is not that important everything else would be a nice extra.

So i plz ask u ppl not to randomly recomend mmos but to read everything i listed so i dont see anyone posting something like "try rift really skill (when we all now is gear) based with uniqe classs system"

and for the last thing in this post i want to say im sorry about my english but its not my main language and i do all i can to keep it readable.

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    LoL and Worlds of Tank
  • adelphos2adelphos2 Member Posts: 5
    Oh and i completely forgot i hate mobas and games like world of tanks or eve online that doesen't let you have and control a character, i only like open world games with if it is possible a nice customization, the reason why i hate mobas is because it seems to me like a 50 min full packed and compresed mmorpg that repeats and repeats in the most boring and less imaginative maps so if im gonna re do the same map over and over again i prefer doing it in a fps, of course thats just my opinion and i dont think bad of any moba player
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Try GW2, it have very little gear grind except legendary weapons and the stats you get from those are just very slightly better than exotic which is cheap and easy to get.

RvR, plenty of exploration and at least one unique class (and a few others that really differs from similar classes in other games).

Only bad news is that it is B2P, you need a box to play but no monthly fees.

Few other good open world games with little or no gear grind, can't think of anyone at all...

Thanks man i can see u read everything and understand it and it was a nice recomendation, currently i live in argentina and the dollar here is worth like 10 times our coin but if price is not te exagarated im sure ill buy it and check it out it sounds good for what you are saying
  • RageGoriaRageGoria Member UncommonPosts: 61
    i was going to recommend lotro because it pushes the players to explore, but i've seen that u didn't like it, so i'm going to recommend you the secret world instead, and i think you will like archeage when it's out, and have planetside 2 as an open world pvp mmofps, good day to you, fellow mmo lovers.
  • grindingamergrindingamer Member Posts: 65

try atlantica online :P alot of people from all over the world play it, since its the only nexon game that isnt IP blocked. 

its not a wow clone and you will always be busy doing things. 

Join Argos server since its the most populated. let me know how you like it :D

atlantica.nexon.net

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Most F2P mmos dont rely on player skill. They all rely on gear because they tend to sell enchanting bullshit in the cash shop.

Your OP post suggest that you are burned out of traditional mmo formula. While i wouldnt touch it myself i suggest you try something along the lines of EVE. You wont find a F2P open world mmo with the exact specifications you want.

If you find one, please share it here.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by adelphos2
    Thanks man i can see u read everything and understand it and it was a nice recomendation, currently i live in argentina and the dollar here is worth like 10 times our coin but if price is not te exagarated im sure ill buy it and check it out it sounds good for what you are saying

ANET  always do special offers for like half the price on GW2. Keep an eye on it if you are interested. I feel your pain with the currency unbalance as i had to deal with that back in my homeland and it was a nightmare.

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    If you are willing to go B2P, I would recommend The Secret World.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 647

I would hesitantly recommend Uncharted Waters Online. It has a huge + for the exploration factor and gear not being a huge part of the skill, but more player-ability based.

Has a rather large population of newbies and casual gamers in the starter or "safe" areas. Downside is, it's been out for so long and mishandled in so many ways, you'll have fun with the starter areas and quests, but become easily turned off by the FUBAR economy where people ask for BILLIONS of $ for items they're selling. It's also heavily Pay-to-Win nowadays.

Linkrelams sounds like it would also be a game one you might enjoy with a classic UO feel to it. Only problem is, I logged in last night and was the only person in the game. Kind of a turn-off.

If you can stand the outdatedness of it, you may want to try Dark Age of Camelot. I have fond memories of that game and it was a good mix of open-world and themepark to keep it interesting but focused. Problem is, they've tried to take a Volkswagon and turn it into a Ferrari by adding a cardboard shell and painting a horse insignia on it - the game itself is fine, but they've added so many things on to the original engine to make it look more like WoW that it's cluttered and clumsy feeling to play now and still limited by it's outdated engine.

I'd almost recommend a game that hasn't made it on here yet - Project Zomboid. It's a 2.5d isometric zombie survival game that they've just released a multi-player patch for. Exploring is everything, death is final and you can and will die in several ways all the time.

Thanks to everyone for the fast replys, as u said rojo i was already fearing that this game could not exist yet but it was worth asking anyway, so far secret world and guild wars 2 are the ones that look awesome but ill have to check prices and see which one is worth the buy (2 at a same time with our coin would be 2 much) on the other hand i cant see the player skill based factor on a turn based mmo such as atlantica, i couldn't find any website where i can play daoc for free and buying it being so outdated doesen't seem like a good idea also i had enough of ultima to start playing similar games and sorry but uncharted waters for what ive seen in some videos has one of the slowest more boring pvp ive ever seen.

To give you a simpler idea of what im looking for:

Im playing aion cus im half way geared there right now and blacklight retribution (fps) until i can play b&s, archeage, tree of savior, eq next, or lineage eternal.

What i wanted was just a pvp mmo with fast and exiting open world pvp but not so geared based, with dungeons made for pure fun not reward/gear/jewelry (gw2 looks outstanding in this last point) cus im tired of being a punch bag and have to grind weeks or months just to get a fair gear and then being able to start fighting relying on my skill cus in this kind of games theres always someone with op gear or ingame store gear that is completely op or there are like thousands of kids playing 22 hours a day that get geared in 2 weeks and kick ur *** just because u have a life and cant waist so much time in a mmo

For the ones that don't know aion ill leave a video so you can understand what im talking about when i say fast pvp, this is a sin same class i use.

• grindingamergrindingamer Member Posts: 65

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SKCdhIkNuU

I don't think you have seen PvP like this before, its all about player skill and one mistake could cost you your match :D

sorry i used the wrong words, i didn't meant to say that it doesen't require skill but it needs skill in strategy and i liked those kind of games when i was younger i playerd tons of different rpg in ps1 and ps2 but now its not my kind of game i want one that test your quickness thinking time and reaction and speed, for now ill sitck with aion until archeage hits our country, im looking into gw2 and seems promesing