Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best MMO i have ever played... UC

rabidwolverinerabidwolverine Member Posts: 4

If your looking for a fantastic MMORPG, with great supportive players, turn based but for free members you get a turn every 8 seconds (paid members get 1 about every 6 seconds) so you can spend all day playing and researching the strategy you think is best.  The different speed versions so you choose the one right for how often you going to play. Find and join some ones federation to receive reinforcements and advice(which i would advise doing). Research ships to build a customized fleet which can be made simple by getting a experienced player to tell you what ships to builds and the order to build them or really get into the fun and research/experiment with your home made fleet.

Hope to see you in the game(URL below) and if/when you start, either get in touch with me(wolverine) or post in the chat that you are a new player and would like some help and within a couple minutes someone should help you out. Good luck.

http://uc2.gamestotal.com/p/en/game/

Comments

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480

I've recently discovered how much I love to play a game of chess against myself.

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Great another real-time, money-grabbing, management sim.
  • TySelTySel Member Posts: 7

Actually, I wouldnt call it just another real time management game at all...

Ive been on the game a long time (3092 days....oops). 

I have never once found another game that is AS real time, not like this. I mean, obviously there are a ton of games where you walk around and what not, and obviously those are real time, but the turn every 6-8 seconds is amazingly fast paced when you get to playing.

Most games are sort of set it and forget it, Im thinking Ogame, Travian, Tribalwars, etc. You queue up some buildings, launch attacks, and wait for them to hit. Sometimes those queues can run for hours or days. Ive launched attacks on a game that took 10 days to hit the intended target. 

On unification wars (UC), when you attack someone, it happens instantly (just uses 5 turns). I actually have my turns set to max out at 1200 turns (it would be 1800 turns stored if I was a paid account, but I never pay for games). So I log in in my spare time, and I have 1200 turns to attack with.

It is the same with fleet building and such. When you click build, it uses turns you have stored up, but you dont have to wait. You click build and it happens instantly. In 8 years, Ive never found another game that had that sort of system, and that alone is probably enough to keep me on UC

------------

Now you mentioned money grabbing, which again is totally false. Yeah, you can definitely pay for the game IF YOU WANT. Honestly though, if you are an active player, you should have no trouble finding people to give you a free months paid account. Especially new players - if you show that you arent quitting immediately, we love getting new players and dropping DP's (donation points) on them so they can buy a paid account.

Like I mentioned earlier, I dont like to pay for games. Im a pretty good player there (id hope so after 8 years...) and Ive never spent a dime on the game. Yet I have spent enough in game to be worth close to 200 dollars, just free points given for game events, completing mercenary tasks set by other players, etc etc. 

When it comes to paying, there is also a very limited number of things you can actually buy. You can pay for a paid account, which gives you like 15% faster turn generation and a higher turn storage. Aside from that, there are a couple paid items that are worth getting - but again, any new player who shows an intention to stick around and is actively learning, will easily find someone who will drop some points on them. (Donation Points can be won by activating a special project, so you dont even have to pay to get them, people are constantly activating the project)

----------

The player community is excellent. Maybe its just because Ive known some of these guys longer than Ive known people in real life, but ask most anyone, once you get into this game, its pretty hard to quit - Ive tried a few times, always come back. Its not as common a term these days, but we used to call it Space Crack haha

• OP 5/15/14 3:28:40 AM#1

rabidwolverine Joined: 5/14/14 Posts: 1

TySel Joined: 5/14/14 Posts: 1

Yeah sure...

We are different people :P I know him from UC, and I had to create account to respond because I took offense to my favorite game ever being called just another money grabbing management sim haha

And I did forget to address, very little actual management to do on the game - its all about fighting really. obviously setting up a good economy is important, but honestly the setup can be done in about 4 hours of boringness, and the rest is just fighting your way up.

• SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354
    That is a mmorpg? I clicked the link and int heir website all screenshots show text no mmorpg gameplay. Someone said playing chess better yes I agree chess looks more like a mmorpg then this game.

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

Originally posted by SamuraiXIV
    That is a mmorpg? I clicked the link and int heir website all screenshots show text no mmorpg gameplay. Someone said playing chess better yes I agree chess looks more like a mmorpg then this game.

You dont walk a character around, but strictly speaking it is an mmorpg.

You choose from different classes and whatnot, each with different attributes, in a world that goes on and changes and other players interact while you are not there. Your player specifically doesnt level up, but you are acting as the leader of an empire, and your empire does level up. 

Fighting is not done hand to hand, but rather fleet against fleet. Rather than equipping different types of gear or whatever, you have war ministers with different traits to either boost your weapons / shields or reduce enemy weapon and shields, and you order your fleet based on attack / defense style.

So it is, even if it is different from the more popular walk around, graphics intense approach.

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    No thanks OP, think I'll go and play Microsoft Word or Excel for a bit , probably would be more fun than this ..
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by summitus
    No thanks OP, think I'll go and play Microsoft Word or Excel for a bit , probably would be more fun than this ..

Haha to funnyimage

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• grindingamergrindingamer Member Posts: 65

everyone knows the best turn based game is 

http://atlantica.nexon.net

• rabidwolverinerabidwolverine Member Posts: 4

I think it is interesting that none of the "haters" on this thread have any actually knowledge of the game... a screenshot can not capture the intense strategy involved in a game. So if your going to offer an opinion or review about a game its probably best you atleast play it. As for anyone looking for a great MMORPG, i would suggest giving this one a solid try. Myself along with countless other players have been playing this game for 10+ years, in the mmorpg world that is virtually unheard of, i did say virtually because i know someone is going to comment with a list of games where 70+% of the time/resources to make and run the game go into graphics, 10+ years and i still learn stuff about the game everyday and meet great people. 

oh and the project that Tysel was talking about to get free DPs(donation points used to buy paid accounts and paid projects) activates a weapon that can damage all the empires on that game speed(server), the flip side is the empire to activate it has to stay above a certain power range for X amount of hours while every empire on the server is trying to take him out.

• iknowbestiknowbest Member Posts: 1
    well it depends on what u want ,  if  you like wasting countless hrs getting to the point ,than yeah graphic based games like warhammer and runescape are for u where ur supposed to enjoy the graphics as much as battle , but if u just like competing with other people than definetly uc cuts right to the chase . i have played for over 5 years and without ever having to pay a penny i was the leader of the faction that dominated the game for over a year . a skilled player can reach the top ranks in about 1-2 months , how many games can u say that about , it rewards not no lifing or clicking but skill . unlike most mmorpg where paid items or time spent will always triumph over skill level. best part about uc is skill level isnt defined by hrs spent but rather knowledge of the game 

For anyone who wants a little help in the game i just changed my empire name, it was wolverine, it is now Red.  Feel free to send me a private message by clicking on your empire name towards the top right.

Look forward to hearing from ya.

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    I love text-based MUDs (huge fan of Achaea). This seems confusing as hell though, like a browser-based EVE
    Its really not that confusing, complex yes but you just need someone good to explain everything... my in-game name is Red if you want some help or just hop on in-game chat...
    Or me, In game name Tyler