Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it a sign?

AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407

I just broke down and gave the game another go.

I created a new character and within the first 2 minutes of playing I crashed to desktop.

Is this a sign that I should just go with my previous experiences of this game and pass it up?

Is anyone else have crash problems?

My system should absolutely crush this game without even breaking a sweat.

i7-4930K

2 SSDs

16GB RAM at 2133

ASUS GTX780 Ti

ASUS X79 Deluxe motherboard

Corsair Pro Series Gold AXI 1200 power supply

Even using liquid cooling.

There aren't really any games that push my system unless they are un-optimized.  Definitely not any MMOs out there I've tried that touches it.  I know it's not the best, but damn.

All drivers up to date.  No other game crashes.

Should I just uninstall this game again?

Comments

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    This is a bragging thread.

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Yup. I took it as a sign for me. I wanted to test it but crashed like 2 mins into game. And after buying ESO collectors edition and unsubbing 2 weeks into game, I aint getting burned again.
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by Zadawn
    This is a bragging thread.

I totally uninstalled mine already and haven't looked back since /flex

• DaShnipaDaShnipa Member UncommonPosts: 33

I don't believe it's a hardware issue, it's definitely on their end. I however have dumped quite a few hours into the beta, and am loving it. Their optimization and crashing issues are still being resolved, bare in mind it's still a beta, they're squashing bugs and crashes daily.  

You may wanna back your ram off a bit unless you absolutely need to run it at 2133. Backing it off to 1866 may yield a more stable platform. Especially when dealing with temperamental games. 

Main Rig --- i7 920 @ 3.6ghz//6GB Patriot XGS DDR3 1600@1804 mhz CAS9//HAF 932//Corsair HX1000//ASUS P6T Deluxe//2xMSI GTX570 Twin Frozr II SLI//64GB Patriot Torqx SSD// 1TB Seagate HDD

Secondary --- Macbook :)

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by Azzras

I created a new character and within the first 2 minutes of playing I crashed to desktop.

Is this a sign that I should just go with my previous experiences of this game and pass it up?

i7-4930K

2 SSDs

16GB RAM at 2133

ASUS GTX780 Ti

There aren't really any games that push my system unless they are un-optimized.  Definitely not any MMOs out there I've tried that touches it.  I know it's not the best, but damn.

I can't tell you whether to get the game or not, but this is an open BETA so it is a chance for you to see if they game is for you. If you are talking about the 'one' crash, then I am surprised you bothered making a post about it rather than just getting into the game. 

If you are talking about the game crashing every time you try to log in, then yeah there's an issue. The game isn't optimized completely yet, I personally have no problems with it, but I know a lot of people with high end rigs have had some issues. 

My computer crushed the reqs on this game, but when I was in closed beta Id be lucky to pull 30 frames, now, not an issue at all, 100 frames+ (based on fraps). 

Now for me, this game, not 100% on the art style but the mechanics of the game I am very much enjoying. The art will grow on me, especially if I have fun. Now, I would honest to god say this isn't for everyone though. 

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by Tsumoro

i7-4930K

2 SSDs

16GB RAM at 2133

ASUS GTX780 Ti

I can't tell you whether to get the game or not, but this is an open BETA so it is a chance for you to see if they game is for you. If you are talking about the 'one' crash, then I am surprised you bothered making a post about it rather than just getting into the game. 

If you are talking about the game crashing every time you try to log in, then yeah there's an issue. The game isn't optimized completely yet, I personally have no problems with it, but I know a lot of people with high end rigs have had some issues. 

My computer crushed the reqs on this game, but when I was in closed beta Id be lucky to pull 30 frames, now, not an issue at all, 100 frames+ (based on fraps). 

Now for me, this game, not 100% on the art style but the mechanics of the game I am very much enjoying. The art will grow on me, especially if I have fun. Now, I would honest to god say this isn't for everyone though. 

Doesn't the game release next month?

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Yes, you should just uninstall and quit.  I have pretty much the same exact system (other than brands) except the PSU and I have not crashed once.
  • AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

i7-4930K

2 SSDs

16GB RAM at 2133

ASUS GTX780 Ti

Your specs are irrelevant. If the game dont crash for me but crashes for you then what is wrong with YOUR system? It means nothing that other games dont crash as every game handles resources differently.

PS: Your RAM is probably too slow. My 16GB runs at 2400 and ive not crashed once since January! ;)

Originally posted by Annekynn

i7-4930K

2 SSDs

16GB RAM at 2133

ASUS GTX780 Ti

Your specs are irrelevant. If the game dont crash for me but crashes for you then what is wrong with YOUR system? It means nothing that other games dont crash as every game handles resources differently.

PS: Your RAM is probably too slow. My 16GB runs at 2400 and ive not crashed once since January! ;)

My system is fine.  I work IT for a living.  You are one of those white knights for this game, aren't you?

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Originally posted by JemAs666
    Yes, you should just uninstall and quit.  I have pretty much the same exact system (other than brands) except the PSU and I have not crashed once.

+1

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

I created a new character and within the first 2 minutes of playing I crashed to desktop. Is this a sign that I should just go with my previous experiences of this game and pass it up? Is anyone else have crash problems? My system should absolutely crush this game without even breaking a sweat. i7-4930K 2 SSDs 16GB RAM at 2133  ASUS GTX780 Ti ASUS X79 Deluxe motherboard Corsair Pro Series Gold AXI 1200 power supply Even using liquid cooling. There aren't really any games that push my system unless they are un-optimized.  Definitely not any MMOs out there I've tried that touches it.  I know it's not the best, but damn. All drivers up to date.  No other game crashes. Should I just uninstall this game again?

My system is fine.  I work IT for a living.  You are one of those white knights for this game, aren't you?

You work IT for a living and are giving up after one ctd? Did you try pushing the power button? Unplug the modem for 30 seconds and plug it back in.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Jimmydean

i7-4930K

2 SSDs

16GB RAM at 2133

ASUS GTX780 Ti

You work IT for a living and are giving up after on ctd? Did you try pushing the power button? Unplug the modem for 30 seconds and plug it back in.

+1

Hehehe  priceless

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• RedCurryRedCurry Member UncommonPosts: 70

i7-4930K

2 SSDs

16GB RAM at 2133

ASUS GTX780 Ti

You work IT for a living and are giving up after on ctd? Did you try pushing the power button? Unplug the modem for 30 seconds and plug it back in.

Ha! We may need conference in Level 2 on this one.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

And with THIS post.. we see the truth.

Any IT guy worth a salt knows that it could be any number of issues including server issues or background programs.  And it's funny to listen to people get all haughty about their comps and jobs even though MOST people in here are well-educated, have good jobs in techno-fields, and have decent rigs.

... and then we have the kiddo's who are still in school or never grew up.. but still.

The crash isn't why I said I should give up on this game.  The crash was merely a sign of things I've known.

This game is bland, boring, and uninspired.  For whatever reason I decided to give it another shot, then BOOM crash after 2 minutes.

[mod edit]

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Game in beta has a client crash, better not play any MMO as thats never happened on every game a million times.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

His RAM is too slow??? Please people, think before typing. 

I have 8GB running at 1600 (PC3 12800) coupled with a GTX 650 Ti and the game runs fine. No crashes no lockups. The last two patches improved the fps situation as well. 

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456

i7-4930K

2 SSDs

16GB RAM at 2133

ASUS GTX780 Ti

If a game (Especially MMOs) is requiring 2400 on RAM, it was built wrong. Check the game's advertised spec requirements. If those are met, the game should run, per the developers.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• cointermcointerm Member Posts: 47

I was pvping all night last night, and they went down for about an hour to apply a patch.

Since the patch, the "out of memory" errors are rampant. Beta is beta, I guess, but it was crash-free until last night.

• StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270
    wow, that's a lot of magibits!
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by cointerm

I was pvping all night last night, and they went down for about an hour to apply a patch.

Since the patch, the "out of memory" errors are rampant. Beta is beta, I guess, but it was crash-free until last night.

Well, you know what good old Jack Burton would say.

"Aw... what the hell."

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252

i7-4930K

2 SSDs

16GB RAM at 2133

ASUS GTX780 Ti

I have highlighted the problem.  Because it has so much relevance when it comes to game crashing.  "Even using liquid cooling" - They placed a lot of emphasis here.  See you soon in our little ghost town, partner!

• mase1771mase1771 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    might have something to do with the name reserve fiasco?
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

i7-4930K

2 SSDs

16GB RAM at 2133

ASUS GTX780 Ti

You work IT for a living and are giving up after one ctd? Did you try pushing the power button? Unplug the modem for 30 seconds and plug it back in.

IT Crowd reference? 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by JemAs666

i7-4930K

2 SSDs

16GB RAM at 2133

ASUS GTX780 Ti

I have highlighted the problem.  Because it has so much relevance when it comes to game crashing.  "Even using liquid cooling" - They placed a lot of emphasis here.  See you soon in our little ghost town, partner!

If it was leaking on the ASUS X79 Deluxe motherboard, it would be very relevant! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.