Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert seems like a dream come true MMORPG

13»

Comments

• BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391

Whenever an MMO is announce people listen to what the devs have to say about their game. If they do not talk very much about a certain aspect of it, people tend to fill the empty spaces with what they wish for it to be. Thus causing hype and some degree of guaranteed disappointment. 

Of course there are some devs that tell you everything, but that's fairly rare anymore. Most will intentionally hide the bad as it will effect any future sales.

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Enphoria

This game... looks so beautiful. Non instanced housing? My dream. 

To me this looks better than everything else on the market, and any game I've seen coming out. 

I might cry.

The housing is now instanced, that was huge change in CBT2.

Pretty big fail in my book.

Pearl Abyss apologized and stated they will rethink this decission and leave it to publishers. Im not really surprised, they really pissed a good deal of people with this decision

There are already ideas (which PA said they will definately think about) of hybrid housing - non instanced extremely expensive houses (titans in Eve like) and instanced cheap houses so people can make use of the benefits

This actually makes sense - the cheap houses representing  appartments in cities, while nonistanced being mansions for the few rich. It would prevent the game from house overflooding which is what I fear with completely open cheap housing..

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

I liked the original 2000 none instanced houses available that they were doing by the sound of it.

Maybe they ran into problems of the houses being snapped up too fast - paying a tax to the local guild castle owner probably wasnt enough of a gold sink.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Unfortunately it's an Asian game.. which immediately smashes my interest.  It would have to be one of the best sandbox games ever for me to think about attempting to play it.  I can't stand their character design.  Cartoony and overdramatic.  Mostly everything else looks nice though.  But that's just a start.
  • PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886
    Originally posted by DAS1337
    Unfortunately it's an Asian game.. which immediately smashes my interest.  It would have to be one of the best sandbox games ever for me to think about attempting to play it.  I can't stand their character design.  Cartoony and overdramatic.  Mostly everything else looks nice though.  But that's just a start.

Boy you're judgemental

But you should check the character customization

If theres a game where you can make your character look like you its this one

And yeah, this is shaping to be one of the best sandbox games ever. With its gfx and features its 2 steps ahead of anything else including archeage

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• VendakuVendaku Member Posts: 77
    Black Desert really does look great. But lets not get our hopes up. It could theoretically end up failing, like so many other games. For now, I shall personally reserve judgement until I play it. 
  • SojhinSojhin Member UncommonPosts: 226
    Black Desert does have many features I want and looks mind blowing--but---the game likely wont be out for the west for 1-2 years which i lean closer to 2 years.
  • redgang1redgang1 Member Posts: 35
    Black Desert looks a cut above the rest, even considering the hype around every unreleased game. That said it needs more races and less cheesy looking DBZ combat.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Pigozz
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Enphoria

This game... looks so beautiful. Non instanced housing? My dream. 

To me this looks better than everything else on the market, and any game I've seen coming out. 

I might cry.

The housing is now instanced, that was huge change in CBT2.

Pretty big fail in my book.

Pearl Abyss apologized and stated they will rethink this decission and leave it to publishers. Im not really surprised, they really pissed a good deal of people with this decision

There are already ideas (which PA said they will definately think about) of hybrid housing - non instanced extremely expensive houses (titans in Eve like) and instanced cheap houses so people can make use of the benefits

This actually makes sense - the cheap houses representing  appartments in cities, while nonistanced being mansions for the few rich. It would prevent the game from house overflooding which is what I fear with completely open cheap housing..

How can they "leave it to the publishers" ?

PA will be building the game, including the housing and the game systems that support that housing. Do they intend to develop several different sets of features and then allow the respective publishers to choose which features they want in the game ?

Sounds very unlikely...

• Princess.ClaudePrincess.Claude Member UncommonPosts: 65

Back Desert is basically Vindictus meets Archage = pure awesomeness.

Vindictus: Always suffered from being a lobby/instanced based game, but with great combat and great animations - even thought it's an old game now it still reign supreme in the combat area.

Archage: an open world with all kinda things in it to do, lot's of systems, lot's of ways to play, but suffers from horrible tab-target whack-a-mole combat. very generic.

To me, Black Desert seem like the perfect combination of the two.