Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The big boss of sandbox 2014 right here... why is there no AAA hype for this game?

12346»

Comments

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Um yeaaaahh.... this isn't a AAA game. How the fuck do you even get the idea into your head that it ever would be? The sad thing here is that I may enjoy the game if it's any good, but the delusional people who overhype it into something it'll never be will be the ones on this forum whining about how it wasn't everything they expected.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I saw this post, clicked on "Official Site" to see some game play, saw "$177,475 RAISED" and a bunch of TBD. Closed window. Cut it out.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by sketocafe
    Um yeaaaahh.... this isn't a AAA game. How the fuck do you even get the idea into your head that it ever would be? The sad thing here is that I may enjoy the game if it's any good, but the delusional people who overhype it into something it'll never be will be the ones on this forum whining about how it wasn't everything they expected.

What justifies AAA?

I can easily say Wow is not triple A because it lacks housing for example and uses free to play graphics.Size of a game has nothing to do with triple A either.

If a game puts a lot of effort into it's systems and covers most expected areas then it would be triple A.In the year 2014/15 graphics would be expected to be decent not looking like 2003.

I like to always use the word "effort" because i have seen games people call triple A yet they don't even have doors on their buildings and in many cases the buildings don't even have insides,so ya a real lazy effort,basically similar to what you expect to see from Asian free to play games.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

if it´s half as good as promised the real hype will start after release

but it looks like it will be great

look how Crowdfund Round 3 is going

https://www.therepopulation.com/crowdfunding/projects/the-repopulation-round-3/

I´ll buy myself a pledge for Christmas

• ThestrainThestrain Member CommonPosts: 390
    I think people have been burned too many times by the hype so they don't care anymore.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

I think ppl are being cautiously optimistic. They've been disappointed by so many games in the past

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,511
    This game is on my radar...but like most of the people here on the forums..ill wait for the reslease...for now..i am to bussy supporting Project Gorgon as much as i can..also trying to get A venture Capitalist to look at the game...i feel like there is a good future for Project Gorgon! 

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• ThestrainThestrain Member CommonPosts: 390
    Originally posted by Wizardry
    Originally posted by sketocafe

What justifies AAA?

I can easily say Wow is not triple A because it lacks housing for example and uses free to play graphics.Size of a game has nothing to do with triple A either.

If a game puts a lot of effort into it's systems and covers most expected areas then it would be triple A.In the year 2014/15 graphics would be expected to be decent not looking like 2003.

I like to always use the word "effort" because i have seen games people call triple A yet they don't even have doors on their buildings and in many cases the buildings don't even have insides,so ya a real lazy effort,basically similar to what you expect to see from Asian free to play games.

The term AAA is related mostly to budget of the game and not the programming powres of game developers.

• gieger808gieger808 Member UncommonPosts: 158

Anytime a mmo says they are a PvP focused game, I move on. I like a little PvP, but play mmorpg's for the PvE. Like most people out there. PvP is done better in other mmog genres, imo.

Generally speaking, making a PvP game = Failure. It just doesn't have the numbers needed to succeed. PvP'ers. you need us PvE carebears if you want your game to last a year. I know, there are exceptions. But not many.

The Repopulation looks great. It's really a shame it won't survive.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by gieger808

Anytime a mmo says they are a PvP focused game, I move on. I like a little PvP, but play mmorpg's for the PvE. Like most people out there. PvP is done better in other mmog genres, imo.

Generally speaking, making a PvP game = Failure. It just doesn't have the numbers needed to succeed. PvP'ers. you need us PvE carebears if you want your game to last a year. I know, there are exceptions. But not many.

The Repopulation looks great. It's really a shame it won't survive.

Im still holding out hope they'll make a PVE only server...I guess I can dream....game looks so awesome, but open world PVP in even 20% of the map is no good...open world PVP is a game killer...especially when the game is FTP and will depend on it's cash shop

• GiffenGiffen Member UncommonPosts: 276
    I don't think you can consider the Repopulation a AAA title.  It's from a small developer with a small budget and it looks like it.  So why would it get the hype of a AAA title?
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Originally posted by Giffen
    I don't think you can consider the Repopulation a AAA title.  It's from a small developer with a small budget and it looks like it.  So why would it get the hype of a AAA title?

It is AAA in terms of the efforts and dedication, novelty and thought being poured into the game. It isn't AAA in terms of monetary means, team size or marketing.

I take it more the way I would take Minecraft or Eve in terms of how it's becoming into the gaming world. At any rate, follow it and you'll see soon enough :)

Originally posted by Randayn

Im still holding out hope they'll make a PVE only server...I guess I can dream....game looks so awesome, but open world PVP in even 20% of the map is no good...open world PVP is a game killer...especially when the game is FTP and will depend on it's cash shop

Do you know that WoW at launch was exactly doing  on 50% of its map what The Repop will be doing on 66% of it? Knowing that, would you still say that's the ONE feature making or breaking a game between 11m+ subs and failure?

• DrokkmonDrokkmon Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Originally posted by Holyavenger1

Do you know that WoW at launch was exactly doing  on 50% of its map what The Repop will be doing on 66% of it? Knowing that, would you still say that's the ONE feature making or breaking a game between 11m+ subs and failure?

Um, are you trying to say WoW didn't launch with pve servers?

Originally posted by Drokkmon

What I'm saying is that if you say WoW launched with PVE servers (i.e. 50% of the map was forced PVP), you're saying that The Repop is launching with a PVE server (66% of the map is forced PVP).

It's the same thing as having both continents being open-PVP to the other faction, except the ocean in between (~33% of the map) actually offers you an alternate gameplay style : faction-based open-PVP (which is not full-open PVP ala Eve or Darkfall).

• DrokkmonDrokkmon Member UncommonPosts: 12

What I'm saying is that if you say WoW launched with PVE servers (i.e. 50% of the map was forced PVP), you're saying that The Repop is launching with a PVE server (66% of the map is forced PVP).

It's the same thing as having both continents being open-PVP to the other faction, except the ocean in between (~33% of the map) actually offers you an alternate gameplay style : faction-based open-PVP (which is not full-open PVP ala Eve or Darkfall).

Have you ever played WoW? 50% of the map is forced pvp on a pve server? Lol, what? Do you think you get flagged for pvp if you enter enemy faction zones...because you don't. Only if you enter a capital city, or attack a flagged player or npc. That's all that flags you. So basically, on a pve server in WoW about 99% of the world isn't forced pvp. The only place that travelling through flags you is capital cities. That's it.

Have you ever played WoW? 50% of the map is forced pvp on a pve server? Lol, what? Do you think you get flagged for pvp if you enter enemy faction zones...because you don't. Only if you enter a capital city, or attack a flagged player or npc. That's all that flags you. So basically, on a pve server in WoW about 99% of the world isn't forced pvp. The only place that travelling through flags you is capital cities. That's it.

No, I actually haven't played WoW, never could stand the style. And it looks like I was actually grossly misinformed, too, hah! So yes, fair point, you weren't open-pvp on (most of) the other side, but there were still a lot of land/content you couldn't experience at all from being the other faction.

In The Repop, the landmass will be many times larger than most MMOs out there and only 1/3 of it will be open-pvp. The 2/3 (or more) you could still experience depending on the allegiance your nation has. Its all about choices in the playstyle.