Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEVELS OF AGENTS

Hi there!

Can one be promoted to the next agent level if one starts with say Red and wants to move to Orange and so on?  

From the FAQ about Agent Levels:

WHAT DISTINGUISHES THE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF AGENTS (RED, ORANGE, YELLOW)?

You can choose what type of agent you want to be. The agent color represents the level of physical interaction you will have with the game. Red represents the least interaction and Yellow is the level where you will interact with real life components: fake companies, phone number, geocaching, etc…?

On the Clearance Request Form (https://theaxeman.wufoo.com/forms/division-66/) it asks you to choose your agent level.... Just want to make sure I have to ability  to move up if I want more interaction. However, with just starting the game I do not want to be "over my head" when selecting the agent level. I was thinking of choosing Orange to hopefully have a happy medium.

Lil background - I play Ingress currently on a daily basis and like the social aspect of the game and that it gets the gamer off the couch... But, as we all know 1) the bots and spoofing is getting very old and 2) the fact that it gets repetitive with just constantly capturing/ flipping portals and fielding.

The reasons just listed is why I'm highly interested in this ARG. Also, it has a UO/ Diablo feel or set-up with the classes and so forth.

Thanks!

Comments

• nikeliznikeliz Member CommonPosts: 51

Hey there! Welcome! I was wondering if we would see some Ingress players coming in. A few of us play, but I have no mobile internet so I have to sit out :c

From my understanding, our pledge levels currently define our clearance levels, (Limited Subscription is red, Normal is orange and Advanced is yellow?) but we will be able to change that in game if we so choose. Apparently, our "starting area" will change depending on clearance, but after that it's changeable. I wouldn't worry too much about the wufoo site, they'll probably send around another to collect more information before release ^^

Quote from the AMA two weeks ago:

2: Will it be possible to change your clearence level?
    Entirely controlled by you. If you don't want red (safe-mode - you are in control), orange (little bit more interaction, email, phone), yellow (don't come running if you get scared). There's going to be green.

Hope this answers your question!

A.K.A. nikel

• SantiakSantiak Member Posts: 130

Just chiming in with a friendly welcome as well. ^^

As Nikeliz says, we know as much that clearence level can be freely changed after the game has launched - so if you later change your mind, you needn't worry. If you're very keen on starting on a different clearence level than you signed up with, you can try sending [email protected] an email, and see if they can't change it for you. You might be able to use the sign-up form you linked, but if you do not get a "Clearence level request" reply, I'd send them an email just in case. :)

On a slight side-note, and shameless request, if you know more folks from Ingress that might be interested, do feel free to point them towards the ARG; we've been strongly encouraged to help get more players in by the Devs (in the form of Anashel). I should mention that, if you wait a bit, there should be a friend-referral system coming up soon.

Also, in case you might be interested, and the information got lost in the process, the official IRC channel can be found here, or if you're already using an IRC client, it's on the irc.freenode.org server, channel #Division66 :)

Either way, here's hoping we reach the mark within the month. ^^

As well as another friendly welcome aboard. ;)

• AirgeadSionnaAirgeadSionna Member Posts: 11

Thanks for the welcome nikeliz and Santiak! And for both of your replies!

And, an Ingress team mate and founder has been following the "news" about The Black Watchmen ... They were how I found out about the game.

I'll let him know to go ahead and sign up ... he was just not sure and a bit hesitant about the pledging/ crowd funding aspect though since the game has not officially started/launched. 

I'm sure you all understand . :)

• SantiakSantiak Member Posts: 130

Of course. If he's worried about the legitimacy; Human Equations have done work for both FunCom and Behaviour Interactive before, so they are both trustworthy, and known for making great ARGs - at least from my perspective. ;)

On top of that, as always, if the game fails to meet the goal before the dead-line (31st of May), pledges will be refunded - with a 2.5% reduction if you opt to use PayPal over Crowdtilt - which, however, is PayPals doing. :)

• AirgeadSionnaAirgeadSionna Member Posts: 11

Oh, ok. that's good to know! Thanks for sharing that!

• VeschenkoVeschenko Member Posts: 5

What really intrigues me about Black Watchmen is the potential to become more of what I'd call an "Augmented Reality Game". Being given an assignment of some sort with real-life activity brings some player commitment and suspension of disbelief hopefully invoking some immersion with excitement and emotion. The world is a stage and we are all players. And, the folk at HE write the "augmented" part of the script and direct. That is why I signed up for Level Yellow. That is why I bought a smartphone (never had a mobile phone before), for TBW.

The Level Orange and Level Yellow activities as currently outlined can cost a lot of money. But there are possibilities, especially in locations where there are plenty of agents nearby to help out.

Ingress, the ARG, is an example of how the player population can work against each other within a backstory. Possibilities for that within TBW may be limited but the kinds of tasks Ingress players are given can be instructive.