Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So What Classes are You Playing as Your Main ?

13»

Comments

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    Originally posted by sadWinds
     

     

    Hmmm, if thats the case imma try to experiment with tal cause i got tal lying on my stash.. my wiz jst got geared with vyr.. makes me wanna cream on my pants on archon.. lol.. full rune.. anyways i read somewhere that vyr is bugged as in the the lightning rune which lowers cd and the one which increase 22% dmg doesnt work?

     

     

    I think Vyr was fixed .. but i am not 100% sure. The explosion, bubble + teleport do work.

    Yeah, experiment with the tal and see how you like it. You also need to play around with the build because you need all 4 kinds of damage (ice, fire, arcane, lightning) to trigger the meteors. I *think* follower damage can also trigger. The meteor has a 8 second CD, so essentially you can getting one every 2 seconds (if you get all 4 types) and that is a lot of dps.

    Also, you can trigger the meteor even in archon form ... so you have even higher burst.

    And one more point .. since trash die pretty fast, i don't see a huge benefit to be in archon 100% of the time .. and certainly not important (to me) enough to give up dps or toughness.

     

  • evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by sadWinds
     

     

    Hmmm, if thats the case imma try to experiment with tal cause i got tal lying on my stash.. my wiz jst got geared with vyr.. makes me wanna cream on my pants on archon.. lol.. full rune.. anyways i read somewhere that vyr is bugged as in the the lightning rune which lowers cd and the one which increase 22% dmg doesnt work?

     

     

    I think Vyr was fixed .. but i am not 100% sure. The explosion, bubble + teleport do work.

    Yeah, experiment with the tal and see how you like it. You also need to play around with the build because you need all 4 kinds of damage (ice, fire, arcane, lightning) to trigger the meteors. I *think* follower damage can also trigger. The meteor has a 8 second CD, so essentially you can getting one every 2 seconds (if you get all 4 types) and that is a lot of dps.

    Also, you can trigger the meteor even in archon form ... so you have even higher burst.

    And one more point .. since trash die pretty fast, i don't see a huge benefit to be in archon 100% of the time .. and certainly not important (to me) enough to give up dps or toughness.

     

     

    Do you have any recommended stats for trying t5 solo/rift? For example, which paragon points u assign to all res/armor/regen?  Whats the base elemental damage required as well as elite dmg and crit hit damage?

    I did try t5 but i found that i was killing trash more slower so i sticked to t4.. Any tips would be appreciated.

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    Originally posted by sadWinds
     

     

    Do you have any recommended stats for trying t5 solo/rift? For example, which paragon points u assign to all res/armor/regen?  Whats the base elemental damage required as well as elite dmg and crit hit damage?

    I did try t5 but i found that i was killing trash more slower so i sticked to t4.. Any tips would be appreciated.

    Here is my main build for doing T5.

    http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/narius-1176/Narius/1971094

    I found that with these stats, i can do T5 rift solo efficiently, and also in group (i switch out power of the storm to pinpoint barrier, glacier spike to electrocute since my companion has cold damage for solo).

    With this set up, T6 is possible, but not efficient. Note that if the stats (say a bit less elemental damage) is ok in groups. I also have a fire and a lightning set up but with much less gear and effectiveness.

    It is also not only about stats, it is about specific items. For example, Mirrorball gives you high eDPS even if you sheet one is lower because magic missile costs no AP. Similarly , Vyr 4-piece bonus (all archon runes) gives no DPS on sheet, but it helps you to be effective.

    Elite damage is important because after you can kill trash fast enough .. the bottle neck is elite. So i recommend you get a Ring of Jordan with the right element, and also use the Aughid set (I have it on shoulder and bracer). It is more about putting the right item in the right slot to get the most out of sets .. unless you do full fire DPS .. and in that case, you still need the right items (Cindercoat for example).

     

  • KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468

    Wizard. I always go for the class that fights by chucking unholy f*ck-you blasts at something, or groups of somethings. And I found the D3 wizard to be very, very capable of laying a serious beatdown on large numbers of targets at both close and extreme (off-screen) range (fire serpent ftw!).

    Mucho fun :)

    Where's the any key?

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    Originally posted by Kiljaedenas

    Wizard. I always go for the class that fights by chucking unholy f*ck-you blasts at something, or groups of somethings. And I found the D3 wizard to be very, very capable of laying a serious beatdown on large numbers of targets at both close and extreme (off-screen) range (fire serpent ftw!).

    Mucho fun :)

    BTW, the wiz just got a huge buff in the firebird set in PTR (although there are also nerfs depending on how you look at it).

    I think when 2.1 is released, wiz will be very fun to play (although people will argue now the class will tilt even MORE towards fire).

    Try the gale hydra mi build .. it is awesome to see the whole screen on fire.

     

  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by Kiljaedenas

    Wizard. I always go for the class that fights by chucking unholy f*ck-you blasts at something, or groups of somethings. And I found the D3 wizard to be very, very capable of laying a serious beatdown on large numbers of targets at both close and extreme (off-screen) range (fire serpent ftw!).

    Mucho fun :)

    BTW, the wiz just got a huge buff in the firebird set in PTR (although there are also nerfs depending on how you look at it).

    I think when 2.1 is released, wiz will be very fun to play (although people will argue now the class will tilt even MORE towards fire).

    Try the gale hydra mi build .. it is awesome to see the whole screen on fire.

     

    That sounds absolutely awesome! Will have to give that a try. My wizard is frost specced and has lots and lots of bubbly goodness. I love how survivable wizzies are nowadays.

    Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

    image
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    Originally posted by MurlockDance
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by Kiljaedenas

    Wizard. I always go for the class that fights by chucking unholy f*ck-you blasts at something, or groups of somethings. And I found the D3 wizard to be very, very capable of laying a serious beatdown on large numbers of targets at both close and extreme (off-screen) range (fire serpent ftw!).

    Mucho fun :)

    BTW, the wiz just got a huge buff in the firebird set in PTR (although there are also nerfs depending on how you look at it).

    I think when 2.1 is released, wiz will be very fun to play (although people will argue now the class will tilt even MORE towards fire).

    Try the gale hydra mi build .. it is awesome to see the whole screen on fire.

     

    That sounds absolutely awesome! Will have to give that a try. My wizard is frost specced and has lots and lots of bubbly goodness. I love how survivable wizzies are nowadays.

    You can also keep multiple sets of gear so that you can have a variety of builds to play. I have already gathered the firebird set in anticipation of 2.1. I also have an arcane set (vyr + tal), and a lightning set (lightning stun is a viable spec, because of its much higher cc though the dps is a bit lower), though no frost gear though.

    I do like how builds and gear are now very much interdependent.

     

  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

    You can also keep multiple sets of gear so that you can have a variety of builds to play. I have already gathered the firebird set in anticipation of 2.1. I also have an arcane set (vyr + tal), and a lightning set (lightning stun is a viable spec, because of its much higher cc though the dps is a bit lower), though no frost gear though.

    I do like how builds and gear are now very much interdependent.

     

    I tried it, and also tried a couple other fire builds. So far much more satisfying in some ways than a frost or melee build and I don't have to sacrifice any of the Wiz's shields in Torment, which is always a nice thing. The build I currently have is balanced between defense and offense and so far she has not croaked in Torment since I changed her setup and she can clear areas quickly. The only thing I don't like with fire so far is is the limited choice of fire spells in comparison to ice and arcane.

     

    I still prefer my WD though. Wizards are slugbutts and it is hard to go from a zippy character to one that meanders image I prefer spirit walk to teleport.

    Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

    image
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    Originally posted by MurlockDance
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

    You can also keep multiple sets of gear so that you can have a variety of builds to play. I have already gathered the firebird set in anticipation of 2.1. I also have an arcane set (vyr + tal), and a lightning set (lightning stun is a viable spec, because of its much higher cc though the dps is a bit lower), though no frost gear though.

    I do like how builds and gear are now very much interdependent.

     

    I tried it, and also tried a couple other fire builds. So far much more satisfying in some ways than a frost or melee build and I don't have to sacrifice any of the Wiz's shields in Torment, which is always a nice thing. The build I currently have is balanced between defense and offense and so far she has not croaked in Torment since I changed her setup and she can clear areas quickly. The only thing I don't like with fire so far is is the limited choice of fire spells in comparison to ice and arcane.

     

    I still prefer my WD though. Wizards are slugbutts and it is hard to go from a zippy character to one that meanders image I prefer spirit walk to teleport.

    The whole fire build scene is going to change when 2.1 hits. There will be (and are on PTR) viable fire builds from hydra galeforce to disintegratoin beam to meteor-based, because of the new firebird set bonus (so don't throw away if you have pieces, they are going to make it restropective).

    I think lightning will also be viable because of the strong cc .. but cold may not.

    Arcane will be viable particular because the new mechanics of starpack (and also the tal set benefiting from it).

     

     

     

  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    So now that this game has released on the consoles, what classes are console players playing as their main? I have not purchased the console version since I don't have one. I still play my WD but have been doing HC and the seasons on crusaders so I guess I have to say I am mainly split between cru/WD.

    Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

    image
  • vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436

    just started d3 with patch 2.1 doing hardcore season as a wizard, used to play warrior in d2.

     

    Have not played d3 since it launched so im such a nooob https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcZWiAJMVI8

  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 2,649
    Wizard because it's easiest.

    This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    Originally posted by emperorwings
    Wizard because it's easiest.

    You kidding me?

    Pet doctor, or sentry DH are a lot easier to play than wizard.

     

  • BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    I just bought it for my ps4, I'm Paragon lvl 4, this is the only game I've ever played for more than 24 hours straight, I can't put it down, I play as a male Crusader, I loved shield bash while leveling, but I play mainly as a swipe and slash. Something really funny, I look exactly like the Crusader irl. Best game ever, high quality and excellent value, I have to go to work tomorrow or else I would be playing right now, I'm addicted.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774

    You are not the only one.

    The game is really great after RoS, and after the current patch, there is (almost) infinite progression.

     

  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

    Originally posted by fardreamer

    just started d3 with patch 2.1 doing hardcore season as a wizard, used to play warrior in d2.

     

    Have not played d3 since it launched so im such a nooob https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcZWiAJMVI8

    Welcome back to the game and hope you are enjoying it.

    Originally posted by emperorwings
    Wizard because it's easiest.

    Oh woah, no it isn't! Wizards have great strengths but some great weaknesses too. I would say that the Crusader is probably overall the easiest class to build: does great medium range damage, has decent crowd control, movement skills and is survivable thanks to its damage reduction and shield blocking. In fact, it is a class that has virtually no weaknesses at all.

    Originally posted by Battlerock
    I just bought it for my ps4, I'm Paragon lvl 4, this is the only game I've ever played for more than 24 hours straight, I can't put it down, I play as a male Crusader, I loved shield bash while leveling, but I play mainly as a swipe and slash. Something really funny, I look exactly like the Crusader irl. Best game ever, high quality and excellent value, I have to go to work tomorrow or else I would be playing right now, I'm addicted.

    Don't forget to eat and sleep!

     

    Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

    image
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    Originally posted by MurlockDance
    Oh woah, no it isn't! Wizards have great strengths but some great weaknesses too. I would say that the Crusader is probably overall the easiest class to build: does great medium range damage, has decent crowd control, movement skills and is survivable thanks to its damage reduction and shield blocking. In fact, it is a class that has virtually no weaknesses at all.
     

    I think Witch Doctor is even easier if you play a pet build. You just have to run around staying alive while your pets do the work for you.

     

  • GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 453
    LON Witch Doctor with Pets and Haunt up to GR 65+
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,359
    When i played D3 the Monk was my main. I dont play anymore because of the point and click limitation of the game. If i decide to play again i'll wait for a significant price drop on PS4 just for the controls.




Sign In or Register to comment.