Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So What Classes are You Playing as Your Main ?

2

Comments

  • coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,829

    I play hardcore wizard.

    Currently paragon level 231. Spending my time mostly in nephalem rifts on Torment II.

     

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    Originally posted by MurlockDance
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Monk was my main but until they fix RNG or implement some way to actually get upgrades that are warranted and needed then I quit.  Reason my clan calls me the King of Rings.  I've gotten every single crappy legendary ring multiple times and am still sporting horrendous body armor because the RNG gods refuse to give me an upgrade in Belt, Body, Boots and Gloves.  Hell I have never seen an Unity Ring, Stone of Jordon or Ring of Grandeur but I've gotten like 21 freaking Bul-Kathos and 17 or so Stolen Rings.  First time the legendary threshold is reached for me the previous 2 weeks was always a ring of crap.

    well .. RNG is just that ... random.

    I got lots of crappy leg too ... but .... are you crafting and using the mystic? You can craft again and again for the same item until you get a good roll. That takes mat that comes from leg. So even crappy leg items are useful.

    The mystic also requires that.

     

    This is an important point. I feel very much that the emphasis in D3 is slightly different from D2. In D2 it was mainly about uniques and some set items. You could craft or try to farm for runewords, but some runes were so rare that it was virtually impossible to get them.

    In D3 you can acquire gear from various different means including especially crafting. I think part of the hunt for ubers is not just getting the already-made leg's, but really it is about blueprints and crafting materials. I have made a couple items that were better than anything I found for those slots, for example, I made a really decent legendary belt that so far I have not found a replacement for. Enchantment is another way of tweeking your gear.

    And let's not forget gems. Seeing as gems are so expensive, I find that I do a lot of Normal runs just to get quick cash in order to make bigger and better gems. I didn't care that much about gems in D2. Sure they were nice, but usually not an integral part of my gear set up. Gems are far more important now because the better quality level 70 gear is hard to come by.

    Very much so. It is nice that they have the two systems. Drops can have better stuff but you have no control while crafting leg have some control. You can also farm the mat with purpose.

    In term of gems, for me, is to get enough raw mat (maquise gems). I have 330m or so gold before ros (sold all my best stuff for $$ and gold when ros was announced) so i have enough for making better gems. So far im only down to 280m. 

  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

    Originally posted by coretex666

    I play hardcore wizard.

    Currently paragon level 231. Spending my time mostly in nephalem rifts on Torment II.

     

    That is awesome! I am no where close to that paragon level with my softcore characters even. I am in T1 though squeezing every bit of power out of my character that I can. It is so much fun! Once my gear and paragon levels are better, it is off to the higher levels of Torment!

    Originally posted by nariusseldon

    Very much so. It is nice that they have the two systems. Drops can have better stuff but you have no control while crafting leg have some control. You can also farm the mat with purpose.

    In term of gems, for me, is to get enough raw mat (maquise gems). I have 330m or so gold before ros (sold all my best stuff for $$ and gold when ros was announced) so i have enough for making better gems. So far im only down to 280m. 

    So far crafting leg's seems better than getting drops. I think that is the most reliable way to get items that are decent for one's character, as long as the mats drop. I have had a few lucky rolls on Kadala too.

     

    Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

    image
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    Originally posted by MurlockDance

    So far crafting leg's seems better than getting drops. I think that is the most reliable way to get items that are decent for one's character, as long as the mats drop. I have had a few lucky rolls on Kadala too.

     

    I think the game is designed so that the drops can be much better than crafting legs (for example, you cannot get the class sets).

    But crafting legs are a lot easier to get (because the mats are dropped from known bounty/mobs) and you have control over them (if i only need the sword, i craft the sword).

    I look at it as a slightly lower tier legs .. although it is not absolute worse (some of the sets bonus are quite nice).

  • evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131

    Was planning to play Crus once the xpac hits, got to like lvl 15, get bored, stopped playing and went back to wow. Then one day, not wanting to waste the $$ i payed for ROS,  i went back to playing my wiz which was benched earlier..

    Fortunately, i had some colleagues IRL who were playing the game and decided to run me through the story mode(accidentally started the story mode lol) from ACT 3 onwards. Got bored, took a break and went back playing ACT V master.. Was hard as shit cause my gear is completely crap lol..

    I prolly had the shittiest luck ever.. Ended up getting some legendary when a colleague of mine ran me through act V til that `mal` guy lol, finally hit 70. Got a wand of woh on my first adv mode but enchant it with the wrong stat lol!

    Anyways, i had a love-hate rship with D3. Back then on vanilla D3, its boring as hell cause theres 2 builds, archon or CM but now, i have the flexibility to include disintegrate, black hole and the explosion skill(idk what isit called) in my build cause my gear helps it... back then i had a freakin hard time getting legendaries(i dont see any point spending $$ on rmah or farming gold to buy legendaries with good stats) but on this xpac, its a little easier.. If it didn't drop through a random mob, at least i can try my luck on that rift npc.

    To answer your question OP, im playing a wiz now. CBA to play another class xD

  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by sadWinds

    Was planning to play Crus once the xpac hits, got to like lvl 15, get bored, stopped playing and went back to wow. Then one day, not wanting to waste the $$ i payed for ROS,  i went back to playing my wiz which was benched earlier..

    Fortunately, i had some colleagues IRL who were playing the game and decided to run me through the story mode(accidentally started the story mode lol) from ACT 3 onwards. Got bored, took a break and went back playing ACT V master.. Was hard as shit cause my gear is completely crap lol..

    I prolly had the shittiest luck ever.. Ended up getting some legendary when a colleague of mine ran me through act V til that `mal` guy lol, finally hit 70. Got a wand of woh on my first adv mode but enchant it with the wrong stat lol!

    Anyways, i had a love-hate rship with D3. Back then on vanilla D3, its boring as hell cause theres 2 builds, archon or CM but now, i have the flexibility to include disintegrate, black hole and the explosion skill(idk what isit called) in my build cause my gear helps it... back then i had a freakin hard time getting legendaries(i dont see any point spending $$ on rmah or farming gold to buy legendaries with good stats) but on this xpac, its a little easier.. If it didn't drop through a random mob, at least i can try my luck on that rift npc.

    To answer your question OP, im playing a wiz now. CBA to play another class xD

    Hee hee, ok. We gots us another Wizard image

    Looks like so far most of the gamers here have Wizard mains, Barbs are up there as are Crusaders. Monk and WDs are the rarest played as mains.

    I am predicting that Crusaders will become ever more popular now that they seem to have been beefed up in the most recent patch.

    Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

    image
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Monk is still my main.  Really fun class, and very mobile.  You're constantly jumping into a pack for some damage, then jumping out before they start to hit you.  Also lots of very strong AoE and pushback abilities.

    You make me like charity

  • KoroshiyaKoroshiya Member UncommonPosts: 265

    WD was my main for a while, reminded me as much as it could of necro.   Tried out a wizard and fell in love with it.  Running a spectral blades, crit/fire build so I can basically just walk around and faceroll T1 rifts/bounties.  Once I get more specialized gear I'll do a more interesting build.

     

    I wasn't going to upgrade to RoS because I was so disappointed with original D3.  The loot tables are much more fun now that you get gear you can actually use instead of always getting dex/str gear on an int based char etc so I did and am happy with my purchase.  They still need to make crafting a bit more enticing I think.  I would be interested in pvp too, but its not something I ever did in diablo.  I always played mmo's for pvp.  I keep playing because its a relaxing farm when I am in-between mmo's like now.

    “The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

  • krekenkreken Member UncommonPosts: 139
    My main is WD. It reminds me the most of necro from D2.
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

    Crusader with WD being a close second.

    I split my time between the two, but since the changes earlier this week to the crusader he has gotten all my time.

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    Originally posted by Ppiper
    94 Wizard although I still feel under powered. Can't get my builds right and my gear, although all legendary, isn't quite right.

    What build/gear are you using? May be i can give you some advice .. i have a 251 wiz and he is ripping through T4 with a magic missile/disintegration/archon build.

     

  • evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by Ppiper
    94 Wizard although I still feel under powered. Can't get my builds right and my gear, although all legendary, isn't quite right.

    What build/gear are you using? May be i can give you some advice .. i have a 251 wiz and he is ripping through T4 with a magic missile/disintegration/archon build.

     

    Hey narius, can u post me a link to your build and gear?

  • KJ30KJ30 Member Posts: 47

    Narius i am interested as well for the WD build. If you could post details it would be great. I play with Barbarian and i just changed into a really good DMG-TANK build. I play solo , and i am doing T2(dont have the gear yet for higher torments).

    But the TANK-DMG-SHIELD build is great. I f anyone interested i can share.

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774

    Here is my build/gear:

    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/narius-1176/hero/1971094

    It turns out that I just change my build/gear over the weekend. This is my cold build for groups. For solo, i usually switch out shocking aspect with pinpoint barrier to get a little more defense with a little less dps. The main attack on this build is glacier spike, not arcane orb, because 3 magic missile does more damage although it has a small area for AOE.

    I also have gear for a disintegration arcane build (i got a wand with 29% disintegration damage).

  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,691
    Druid, once they put one in game.

    image
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,359

    i still dont have the game (i refuse to purchase PC action/adventure games without either WASD for movement or gamepad support).

    When i get it on PS4 ill probably play Wizard, Witch Doctor and/or Demon Hunter.





  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

    Here is my build/gear:

    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/narius-1176/hero/1971094

    It turns out that I just change my build/gear over the weekend. This is my cold build for groups. For solo, i usually switch out shocking aspect with pinpoint barrier to get a little more defense with a little less dps. The main attack on this build is glacier spike, not arcane orb, because 3 magic missile does more damage although it has a small area for AOE.

    I also have gear for a disintegration arcane build (i got a wand with 29% disintegration damage).

    BTW, i moved back to a arcane (but torrent) build because of some latest gear I have got (Stone of Jordon with + arcane, and wand with + arcane).

    Build is highly dependent on gear.

     

  • evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131
    hw much do you crit elite mobs for with that gear and build? What torment level do you farm efficiently?
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    Originally posted by sadWinds
    hw much do you crit elite mobs for with that gear and build? What torment level do you farm efficiently?

    How much it crits .. depends on the build/main attack. For example, archon has very high dps, but since the numbers are updated only every half second, the actual crit number is not that high. OTOH, for some meteor, i have seen 14-15M crit numbers.

    I can farm T4 efficiently both in groups & solo, but I am thinking to go up to T5 because i recently just got both Tal Rasha 4-piece & Vyr 4 piece bonus.

    The Tal Rasha 4-peice is good, and add a lot to your DPS if you play right.

     

  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by jdnewell

    Crusader with WD being a close second.

    I split my time between the two, but since the changes earlier this week to the crusader he has gotten all my time.

    Crusaders are great now with the changes. Maybe even a little too good.

    I mainly still play the WD but have been taking a Cru through HC.

    Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

    image
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    Originally posted by MurlockDance
    Originally posted by jdnewell

    Crusader with WD being a close second.

    I split my time between the two, but since the changes earlier this week to the crusader he has gotten all my time.

    Crusaders are great now with the changes. Maybe even a little too good.

    I mainly still play the WD but have been taking a Cru through HC.

    I think all classes are fun, and the difference in efficiency is less than the variation in gear anyway.

    They all play very differently.

     

  • evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by sadWinds
    hw much do you crit elite mobs for with that gear and build? What torment level do you farm efficiently?

    How much it crits .. depends on the build/main attack. For example, archon has very high dps, but since the numbers are updated only every half second, the actual crit number is not that high. OTOH, for some meteor, i have seen 14-15M crit numbers.

    I can farm T4 efficiently both in groups & solo, but I am thinking to go up to T5 because i recently just got both Tal Rasha 4-piece & Vyr 4 piece bonus.

    The Tal Rasha 4-peice is good, and add a lot to your DPS if you play right.

     

     

    The vyr 4 set is nice... cause of the all rune.. on the cdr(55% sheet cdr) build im using it will lower archon cd to 25s, just that the problem is getting my 3rd set piece -_-, i had no luck with that...

    Anyways gd luck for t5! i just completely re-geared my wiz for t4..(am playing woh/hybrid archon) i had to ditch andariel and cindercoat for augwhild and blackthorn, no luck with fire ele dmg soj so far >_<.

  • evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Originally posted by MurlockDance
    Originally posted by jdnewell

    Crusader with WD being a close second.

    I split my time between the two, but since the changes earlier this week to the crusader he has gotten all my time.

    Crusaders are great now with the changes. Maybe even a little too good.

    I mainly still play the WD but have been taking a Cru through HC.

     

    i Saw some crus on rifts playing like capt america.. u know the build where the shield ricochet to x number of mobs... it looks fun.. lol

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    Originally posted by sadWinds
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by sadWinds
    hw much do you crit elite mobs for with that gear and build? What torment level do you farm efficiently?

    How much it crits .. depends on the build/main attack. For example, archon has very high dps, but since the numbers are updated only every half second, the actual crit number is not that high. OTOH, for some meteor, i have seen 14-15M crit numbers.

    I can farm T4 efficiently both in groups & solo, but I am thinking to go up to T5 because i recently just got both Tal Rasha 4-piece & Vyr 4 piece bonus.

    The Tal Rasha 4-peice is good, and add a lot to your DPS if you play right.

     

     

    The vyr 4 set is nice... cause of the all rune.. on the cdr(55% sheet cdr) build im using it will lower archon cd to 25s, just that the problem is getting my 3rd set piece -_-, i had no luck with that...

    Anyways gd luck for t5! i just completely re-geared my wiz for t4..(am playing woh/hybrid archon) i had to ditch andariel and cindercoat for augwhild and blackthorn, no luck with fire ele dmg soj so far >_<.

    I found that if i gear for CDR, i lose DPS, so I opt to do a hybrid arcane/archon build. I think the best performance is to get both Tal Rasha 4-piece bonus & Vyr 4-piece bonus (with the ring of royal grandeus of course, so i need 3 piece each).

    So although I don't get archon 100% up time, I get the meteor set bonus ... that one i heard is something like 20-25% dps boost. I also get slot in the aughid set to get 15% elite dmg reduction (should + bracer pieces).

    With all that, i find I can do T5 both bounty (easy) and rift. The only issue is a bad combo of elite affixes (like vortex + arcane + wall) and if I run out of archon.

     

     

  • evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by sadWinds
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by sadWinds
    hw much do you crit elite mobs for with that gear and build? What torment level do you farm efficiently?

    How much it crits .. depends on the build/main attack. For example, archon has very high dps, but since the numbers are updated only every half second, the actual crit number is not that high. OTOH, for some meteor, i have seen 14-15M crit numbers.

    I can farm T4 efficiently both in groups & solo, but I am thinking to go up to T5 because i recently just got both Tal Rasha 4-piece & Vyr 4 piece bonus.

    The Tal Rasha 4-peice is good, and add a lot to your DPS if you play right.

     

     

    The vyr 4 set is nice... cause of the all rune.. on the cdr(55% sheet cdr) build im using it will lower archon cd to 25s, just that the problem is getting my 3rd set piece -_-, i had no luck with that...

    Anyways gd luck for t5! i just completely re-geared my wiz for t4..(am playing woh/hybrid archon) i had to ditch andariel and cindercoat for augwhild and blackthorn, no luck with fire ele dmg soj so far >_<.

    I found that if i gear for CDR, i lose DPS, so I opt to do a hybrid arcane/archon build. I think the best performance is to get both Tal Rasha 4-piece bonus & Vyr 4-piece bonus (with the ring of royal grandeus of course, so i need 3 piece each).

    So although I don't get archon 100% up time, I get the meteor set bonus ... that one i heard is something like 20-25% dps boost. I also get slot in the aughid set to get 15% elite dmg reduction (should + bracer pieces).

    With all that, i find I can do T5 both bounty (easy) and rift. The only issue is a bad combo of elite affixes (like vortex + arcane + wall) and if I run out of archon.

     

     

     

    Hmmm, if thats the case imma try to experiment with tal cause i got tal lying on my stash.. my wiz jst got geared with vyr.. makes me wanna cream on my pants on archon.. lol.. full rune.. anyways i read somewhere that vyr is bugged as in the the lightning rune which lowers cd and the one which increase 22% dmg doesnt work?

     

     

Sign In or Register to comment.