Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colonies Online

madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

Does anyone have any experience with this game? I am thinking of buying into it and getting early access on steam. It sounds awesome! One persistent world, thousands of planets. You and your guildies/allies/friends build colonies that can be private military bases, open to the public trading hubs, or even mining areas. Its open world PvP so of course you are gonna get the people who jump from game to game every couple months saying they would play if if not for the PvP lol. It's also full loot too. 

The main thing I don't care for that I see in the videos is how the world turns with your character. 

One thing is, its Free to play. And APPARENTLY, they have removed all the actual P2W items. I can't confirm as of yet. Plus, from what I read people treated the items like a "starter pack" and not P2W.

http://www.colonies-online.com/

Comments

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Seen this on steam today, looks to good to be true! Will defo look into this a little more.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

The camera view and the camera distance from the player's avatar is going to cut down on the cost of the graphics.  The flat landscape is going to make it pretty easy to procedurally generate worlds.  They don't have to map things out, they can just let the worlds create themselves based on a set of rules.  That will cut down on a lot of time.

The idea seems pretty cool.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    I took the plunge. A lot of things aren't implemented yet but I just had to get in lol. 
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by madazz
    I took the plunge. A lot of things aren't implemented yet but I just had to get in lol. 

Well?  How is it?  What can you do so far?  How well have they written what they've done so far?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
      ITs like $20...if it turns out to suck you arent out for much  :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin