Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how isnt this pay to win, and skill based.

124»

Comments

  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    It's not widely known, but the Infernal Jita Engine is actually powered by the tears of pilots who come in thinking they can pay to win.

    <3

  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

    lets remember  on this !  p2w?

    http://themittani.com/features/alod-go-back-wow

  • RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by makasouleater69

    Not only that, since most of eve combat is basic and automated, those multi box programs make it so, those people with 20 ships can kill every one, since they out gun you.....

    You couldn't be more wrong. First thing first: Combat in EVE is 'rock-paper-scissors' so there's no situation where 20 ships can kill everyone. Never. Period. Second: You need to check so many different kind of things constantly in combat like your surroundings with dscan, your distance to the target, radial velocity, when to overheat certain modules etc. etc. You know, you can (and you will need to) pilot your ship manually as well? Google 'Slingshot maneuver' and 'Spiral maneuver' for example. 

  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by uplink4242
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Not done it myself but doesn't having 2 accounts mean you can bring 2 ships along whoever you go and switch to the ship most suited to a particular scenario, also gives an advantage at camps etc. Sounds like pay to win that irather favours vets. A lot of players only want to play single account as per how the game is advertised, not to mention new players that cannot generate in game isk to that degree.

    SO using more than 1 account is pay2win now? Because by that logic every mmo out there is pay2win. At least in Eve you can do it with in-game currency which isn't particulary hard to get.

    That is pure nonsense and you know it.  Try doing anything in hi-sec these days.  They show up in 50 million isk ships that they don't even bother to recover anything from after they gank you.  It is all about the kill mail.  They just sell more plex.  They can get enough skills with about 2 months training time to fly a t2 bc.   CCP does not care, it is more money for them.

    The game has become a complete joke,

  • CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

    That is pure nonsense and you know it.  Try doing anything in hi-sec these days.  They show up in 50 million isk ships that they don't even bother to recover anything from after they gank you.  It is all about the kill mail.  They just sell more plex.  They can get enough skills with about 2 months training time to fly a t2 bc.   CCP does not care, it is more money for them.

    The game has become a complete joke,

    I dunno I think more MMOs should have killmails, its a draw for me.

    image

  • NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Originally posted by uplink4242
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Not done it myself but doesn't having 2 accounts mean you can bring 2 ships along whoever you go and switch to the ship most suited to a particular scenario, also gives an advantage at camps etc. Sounds like pay to win that irather favours vets. A lot of players only want to play single account as per how the game is advertised, not to mention new players that cannot generate in game isk to that degree.

    SO using more than 1 account is pay2win now? Because by that logic every mmo out there is pay2win. At least in Eve you can do it with in-game currency which isn't particulary hard to get.

    That is pure nonsense and you know it.  Try doing anything in hi-sec these days.  They show up in 50 million isk ships that they don't even bother to recover anything from after they gank you.  It is all about the kill mail.  They just sell more plex.  They can get enough skills with about 2 months training time to fly a t2 bc.   CCP does not care, it is more money for them.

    The game has become a complete joke,

    Considering how many multi-billion isk ships for incursions fly around with ganks maybe happening once every 2-3 weeks of maybe a single ship. So, its far from as prevalent as you say. Mining ganks are about the most common but at the same time you can mine in a fairly replaceable ship or a dead end system and not lose them that often.

  • fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 283

    I think OP needs to get out and actually experience other aspects of EVE especially null fleets before deciding if the game is really P2W. If all you have done is sit in your Venture in a high sec belt and watch someone with 20 Hulks rock up and strip the belt dry then of cause you would have this opinion.

    Players in EVE eventually band together in large corps basically making P2W super duper expensive if one was to try it. It still takes many players to properly participate in a large null fleet as well, as any successful fleet has multiple roles (e.g. DPS, heals) as well as multiple players scouting ahead and planning operations.

    And don't forget, say you did spend thousands of real dollars fitting out a corp full of real players. All of that could go boom one day and you will be out some serious change. Thanks for you contribution to ensuring the long term future of the game though!

     

  • quixadhalquixadhal Member UncommonPosts: 215

    Yeah... EVE is pay-to-win-hisec, maybe.

     

    I don't care how many billions of ISK you spend on your little fleet of botted ships.  Wander into zero space and a couple of players in throw-away ships will rip you apart, because they actually know how to use everything, and will very quickly figure out how you're kitted and what you don't know how to counter.

     

    The only thing having unlimited funds does is let you recover from the inevitable death faster.  Multi-boxing helps with mining, trading, and with having scouts and spies... but it doesn't do much for actual serious combat.  If your enemy knows how to play, you'll be far too busy controlling ONE ship for the others to be of any real use.

     

  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by quixadhal

    Yeah... EVE is pay-to-win-hisec, maybe.

     

    I don't care how many billions of ISK you spend on your little fleet of botted ships.  Wander into zero space and a couple of players in throw-away ships will rip you apart, because they actually know how to use everything, and will very quickly figure out how you're kitted and what you don't know how to counter.

     

    The only thing having unlimited funds does is let you recover from the inevitable death faster.  Multi-boxing helps with mining, trading, and with having scouts and spies... but it doesn't do much for actual serious combat.  If your enemy knows how to play, you'll be far too busy controlling ONE ship for the others to be of any real use.

     

    What this guy said is if you want to start EVE now, don't bother. The grinding/farming and learning curve (figuring out best ship, best skills, best ways to use etc, depending on others that might not be always there to get things done and so on.

    Bottom line in my eyes EVE is a dying star without a way to attract the market out there. Add the passive skill gain and the 11 years of it's existance, well it's pretty much. It has good 3 years to 4-5 top (if it does all right). By then far greater MMO's will exist on the market. Again this is just my opinion of the state of the game and it's direction. Pay to win/multiboxing is just going to be the nail in the coffin.

    image

  • HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

    dude...friend...bit of advice.

     

    I been around the block a while..games get flamed and go out......... but please don't pick EVE..they have a loyal hardcore playerbase that will debate you till ..well there will be no end.

     

    Just sayin' my 1 cent

  • CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Kopogero
    Originally posted by quixadhal

    Yeah... EVE is pay-to-win-hisec, maybe.

     

    I don't care how many billions of ISK you spend on your little fleet of botted ships.  Wander into zero space and a couple of players in throw-away ships will rip you apart, because they actually know how to use everything, and will very quickly figure out how you're kitted and what you don't know how to counter.

     

    The only thing having unlimited funds does is let you recover from the inevitable death faster.  Multi-boxing helps with mining, trading, and with having scouts and spies... but it doesn't do much for actual serious combat.  If your enemy knows how to play, you'll be far too busy controlling ONE ship for the others to be of any real use.

     

    What this guy said is if you want to start EVE now, don't bother. The grinding/farming and learning curve (figuring out best ship, best skills, best ways to use etc, depending on others that might not be always there to get things done and so on.

    Bottom line in my eyes EVE is a dying star without a way to attract the market out there. Add the passive skill gain and the 11 years of it's existance, well it's pretty much. It has good 3 years to 4-5 top (if it does all right). By then far greater MMO's will exist on the market. Again this is just my opinion of the state of the game and it's direction. Pay to win/multiboxing is just going to be the nail in the coffin.

    A lot of new MMOs absolutely refuse to implement player-driven emergent gameplay, as long as this is the case EVE will always have a market.

    image

Sign In or Register to comment.