Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Casual gamer ???

Hi,

I just wondering if a casual player / pve player can have fun in DFO or it´s just 100% PVP .

Comments

• Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Originally posted by neohero0001

Hi,   I just wondering if a casual player / pve player can have fun in DFO or it´s just 100% PVP .

The answer is yes.I work full time, own a home, have kids and a wife.So obviously my play is very limited. But I have played since launch and have never had an issue. The pve grind is kind of boring but honestly doesn't take long at all to be competent viable.I found myself end game ready faster then most other mmos I've played. But if you want to max out every roll and crafting then it can take along time.

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

• neohero0001neohero0001 Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by Sicc1

Hi,

I just wondering if a casual player / pve player can have fun in DFO or it´s just 100% PVP .

The answer is yes.I work full time, own a home, have kids and a wife.So obviously my play is very limited. But I have played since launch and have never had an issue. The pve grind is kind of boring but honestly doesn't take long at all to be competent viable.I found myself end game ready faster then most other mmos I've played. But if you want to max out every roll and crafting then it can take along time.

Thank you, it´s the aswer i was waiting to buy DFO. 

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Everything leads back to PvP though so expect to fight other players often once you are at the "end game"

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• mmoesportsmmoesports Member UncommonPosts: 161

Hi,

I will say that majority of the player base is PvE type.  However AV added a lot of smart stuff like Levy, Village which leads to natural PvP. 

You can absolutely play casually by doing daily quest.  Weekend there are sieges where if you want you can burn 3+ hours.  You can practice in safe zone by dueling with others.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I'm a PvE'r at heart and as long as you join a laid back clan you will be fine.  Some people love dueling 24/7, I can't stand it.  Find the right group of people to run with and you will have a blast.