Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archage plagued with Hacks and Bots

fhnw1988fhnw1988 Member Posts: 64

Hello guys

im unwilling to write every detail again- pressed wrong button and closed browser but let me tell you this:

Apparently AA has no secure BOT and HACKPROTECTION. 

It seems like AA has alot of Skills clientsided wich means you can spam your skills as much as you want,

Also things like teleportation, Boss spawn and mob spawn are possible as long as you know the ID of that command.

Up till now hacks are going rampant in russian and korean version- still no fix yet (after so many years).

Let me show you some vids, what im talking about:

->lvl 4 killing  lvl 44 mobs in 2 sec.

-->3 Bosses (inkl Kraken) get spawned to a raidgroup

-->another hacker

->> some insane mob spawns

-->teleport hack

-->Instant telport to trade routes with material

"Im following AA like many of you- just posting after so many talking good about AA- some bad things. 

by informing you guys about this problem and Trion im hoping to see here some quality improvement.  Just saying this because Trion does not make the game and have in the core build not much choice (game being client sided and not server side).

Comments

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    i also heard bad things about bots, hacks and pay to win which makes me hesitant to buy the game...its not really helping that i hear that aa is no success in asia and that xl is in financial distress...i dunno
  • NecropsieNecropsie Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by V-Salubri

Yeesh.. With WS's frequent disconnects and poor engine optimization (the latter would have been fixed by now if it was going to be) and now the revelation that AA is rampant with Hackers and Bots..  the ESO Hate Union may start having a difficult time. 

And please.. pretty please.. don't try to play the "Beta" card.  Responses like that are just sad at this point.

I wouldn't think this was so funny if there hadn't been such an insane amount of (mostly unfounded) hate against ESO.  I generally wish good luck to all games, whether I am interested in them or not.. But lately it's difficult to support people when they bash ESO (many of whom make it obvious they haven't played or played a single beta weekend).

So wtg jackasses.  Best of luck with your "better" games.

*grabs popcorn*

Stages of a new mmo: 1) It's just beta. It still has plenty of time before release. 2) It just launched. Give it time. WoW wasn't built in a day. 3) We don't need you anyway. 4) F2P announced. 5)Huge influx of players. 6) Look how much has changed. 7) Cash shop is the only thing developed lately. 8) It has been a long journey and we thank everyone who was part of it. Shutting down in 3 months. (Courtesy of Robokapp.)

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    I think what's going to happen is Trion is going to just take complete control of their version, they've already told XL that they won't be putting in the stupid 1.0 crap.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Korean MMORPG

The worst part is that when it happens state side NOTHING can get done until XLGames deems it a problem THEN we have to wait to catch up to their patch cycle to see the fixes (if any). This is why I can't touch asian mmorpgs anymore, as tempting as it is.  I've experienced it with Aion, and then TERA. Not doing it again.

People are paying $150 to get in alpha and the company getting the money can't even use it to fix the game when there is problems. That's a red flag for me.

Enjoy.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    And OP's hate train for AA and blind support for ESO continues.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• fhnw1988fhnw1988 Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

Amusing... because I saw all kinds of things in AA so far, but not a single bot.

And for info, the game does have an active hack/bot protection, you can see it loading each time you run the game. Seems to me the OP makes propaganda based on some Internet rumors and has never played the game himself.

I know it sounds funny but- the problem is been discussed in AA Forum. 

The Botmaker of rus version is waiting for the game to go f2p. THat hackprotection your talking about can be disabled by every amateur- wich was possible in the last decade of mmos. It is used only to statisfy the customers that have no clue how to disable it- wich is easy once you know how ollydbg works.

Originally posted by jesteralways
    And OP's hate train for AA and blind support for ESO continues.

Sir, you are wrong. I do not play ESO or played anything related to Elder Scrolls in my life. Just not my type of game.

• BinafusBinafus Member UncommonPosts: 230

As far as bots and such that is one area Trion did really well with in Rift most people who do bots gave up on Rift.

I did not look at the videos that was posted on this thread but killing mobs is really not what this game is about.  There are places you can bug mobs on ledges, water etc, not really important.  If you do not like what someone is doing you can kill them, give out your own justice.

As far as speed hacks and such we will have to see how good Trion does keeping them out.

For those of you that are come to the forums to put down AA because someone put down ESO I know you want to hate this game.   Let it go AA has some really neat stuff in it give it a try even though you want to hate it.

I know in KR and RU people will put stuff on their keyboards to make their horses run in circles to level the horse, seen people doing it in Alpha and some have already received warnings for it.  So there will be different tolerance levels between Trion and Mail.RU which I'm very glad for.

• V-SalubriV-Salubri Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by coretex666

Yeesh.. With WS's frequent disconnects and poor engine optimization (the latter would have been fixed by now if it was going to be) and now the revelation that AA is rampant with Hackers and Bots..  the ESO Hate Union may start having a difficult time. 

And please.. pretty please.. don't try to play the "Beta" card.  Responses like that are just sad at this point.

I wouldn't think this was so funny if there hadn't been such an insane amount of (mostly unfounded) hate against ESO.  I generally wish good luck to all games, whether I am interested in them or not.. But lately it's difficult to support people when they bash ESO (many of whom make it obvious they haven't played or played a single beta weekend).

According to you, the ESO haters are hiding in AA corner of the forum or why did you come here with this opinion?

1) You made quite a few leaps of logic to state that I was implying that.

2) I came here because I just couldn't believe that AA could have any problems at all. 

ugh... sorry ...  Dizzy from the GW2 Hype-Train flashbacks..

• Covet78Covet78 Member UncommonPosts: 149

Alpha state games = unfinished product. Features missing, Many bugs and problems. Goals of alpha state games are to implement designed features and ensure game runs in a playable state. 

Beta state games = Finished feature set. Many bugs. Beta is for squashing bugs. Bug bugs bugs.. Lots of bugs. Beta's supposed to last as long as is needed to squash the many bugs.

So in your opinion, neither an alpha nor a beta state game is for squashing bugs. When are the bugs supposed to be squashed? pre-alpha? So dev's are supposed to be spending their time squashing bugs in a game that doesn't have many tester to find them, nor even 50% of the features even implemented yet to see what bugs come up?

Wildstar this weekend had one day of d/c's that was fixed in the evening eastern time. A new bug popped up, in a game that is free to play currently during it's beta weekends. I haven't paid a penny and i've been playing every beta weekend. Optimization isn't finished. Dev's communicate strongly with their player base. Not my fault you don't read what they are writing or even pretending to follow the games development.

AA's alpha might be a big misleading. Should be in a beta state. Features are in, bugs in western translation need to be fixed. IMO the $150 alpha is nothing more then a cash grab. If there wasn't already a Korean and russian version available for awhile now, in no way should the game be considered alpha. That is not the technical term. So you got it right for AA, but for wildstar, get your facts straight.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Why do people have these crazy agendas and make posts like this ? Looking at the OPs post history because so many people commented on it....this is all you do. What's with that?
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I don't care if the OP has an agenda or whatever.. everything they are saying is true and is a serious problem. And what can we do about it?? Absolutely nothing.. Trion isn't making this game and all these problems have existed for over a year in the live version (taking money and no character wipe = live). These aren't beta issues, this is a take it or leave it kind of deal.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975
    Originally posted by Covet78

Alpha state games = unfinished product. Features missing, Many bugs and problems. Goals of alpha state games are to implement designed features and ensure game runs in a playable state. 

Beta state games = Finished feature set. Many bugs. Beta is for squashing bugs. Bug bugs bugs.. Lots of bugs. Beta's supposed to last as long as is needed to squash the many bugs.

So in your opinion, neither an alpha nor a beta state game is for squashing bugs. When are the bugs supposed to be squashed? pre-alpha? So dev's are supposed to be spending their time squashing bugs in a game that doesn't have many tester to find them, nor even 50% of the features even implemented yet to see what bugs come up?

Wildstar this weekend had one day of d/c's that was fixed in the evening eastern time. A new bug popped up, in a game that is free to play currently during it's beta weekends. I haven't paid a penny and i've been playing every beta weekend. Optimization isn't finished. Dev's communicate strongly with their player base. Not my fault you don't read what they are writing or even pretending to follow the games development.

AA's alpha might be a big misleading. Should be in a beta state. Features are in, bugs in western translation need to be fixed. IMO the $150 alpha is nothing more then a cash grab. If there wasn't already a Korean and russian version available for awhile now, in no way should the game be considered alpha. That is not the technical term. So you got it right for AA, but for wildstar, get your facts straight.

There shouldn't be many bugs in this game build AT ALL.  The game has been live in Korea for HOW LONG?  And it's been live in Russia for a while as well.  So, bugs in the code (which don't have much to do with Korean/English/Russian) should have been fixed by the game's dev team long, long ago.  This game isn't really an "alpha" at all.  It's a game whose translations are being updated, but the core gameplay and programming remains the same.  That's like saying they'll "fix" a bad movie while they do the translations for dubs/subtitles.  Trion isn't re-programming this game.

As for people not seeing much hacking/bots right now in ArcheAge, you're not going to see that as much from people who paid $150 just to get into the game.  When you'll see it explode is once the game "launches" with its free-to-play model and anyone/everyone can get in.  Then there is nothing stopping a flood of cheating.  It's actually not as likely that the developer will make this a top issue.  Cheating just isn't considered as serious of a problem in Asia and Russia.  They just consider it like, "If you can profit from the mistakes of others, then you should do so."  So, unless Trion gets control of the game's source code, don't expect to see many changes to core game mechanics.

Wildstar is another matter, and we'll all just have to sit back and wait to see how that turns out (just like with ESO).  Maybe it'll work out, maybe it'll be full of bugs and a huge mess.  We don't know.  It would be nice to see a game like this survive and develop, but I still feel like they're making a mistake trying to go with a purchase/subscription model.  I'm still doubtful that ESO will be able to maintain subscribers enough to keep the game developing at any reasonable pace.  But we'll just have to wait and see...  

• LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181
    I am interested in AA. I am not sure if this is true or not. I am not sure if it is exaggerated or not. However, I won't be plunking down any money until I have seen the game.
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    the reason no one is currently seeing the hacks in the alpha is because its not open to the public and only those willing to spend a small fortune have access, wait till it goes live and see what happens then.  There is a reason they are charging so much for this alpha access and im betting its because they know it will be a short lived game.  But to each their own im done being duped by big companies where $>Gamers.
  • serialMMOistserialMMOist Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by fhnw1988
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

Amusing... because I saw all kinds of things in AA so far, but not a single bot.

And for info, the game does have an active hack/bot protection, you can see it loading each time you run the game. Seems to me the OP makes propaganda based on some Internet rumors and has never played the game himself.

I know it sounds funny but- the problem is been discussed in AA Forum. 

The Botmaker of rus version is waiting for the game to go f2p. THat hackprotection your talking about can be disabled by every amateur- wich was possible in the last decade of mmos. It is used only to statisfy the customers that have no clue how to disable it- wich is easy once you know how ollydbg works.

That is a blatant lie. There is next to zero discussing anything on those god forsaken forums. Perhaps one person tries to converse while the rest are asshats. terrible place.

• BinafusBinafus Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Vannor
    I don't care if the OP has an agenda or whatever.. everything they are saying is true and is a serious problem. And what can we do about it?? Absolutely nothing.. Trion isn't making this game and all these problems have existed for over a year in the live version (taking money and no character wipe = live). These aren't beta issues, this is a take it or leave it kind of deal.

There will be a character wipe, you get a four day head start for buying Beta or Alpha you do not get to keep your characters.

So AA is in no way live.

Originally posted by DamonVile
    Why do people have these crazy agendas and make posts like this ? Looking at the OPs post history because so many people commented on it....this is all you do. What's with that?

Its not fair of you taking my post history and using it here against me- where i clearly stated im against Founders packs in generall.

Maybe i just want to inform the consumer to be aware whats goin on behind the curtain. Nothing is wrong with that

• MMOredfalconMMOredfalcon Member UncommonPosts: 167

Archage palgued with Hacks and Bots....ESO plagued with Hacks and Bots....next will be Wildstar Plagued with Hacks and Bots.

It's annoying as hell. And devs all across the board try and combat this plague of asshat players. I'm sure someday a game will come out that is anti hack proof and anti bot proof....but I am sure that will not be happening for quite some time. So it's really hard to say 'Stay away from XXX game because there is bots n hackers.', because this game will have problems...the next game will and the one after that will have the same problem. 

That is a blatant lie. There is next to zero discussing anything on those god forsaken forums. Perhaps one person tries to converse while the rest are asshats. terrible place.

direct link to the forum:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?2772-Hacks-cheats-dupes-bots-exploits-Q-to-developers-(Scapes)

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

There aren't a lot of bots, if any in alpha.  

As for the hacks/bugs (lol kraken vid) I wouldn't worry too much, not hard to take care of by release. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Originally posted by Chrisbox

As for the hacks/bugs (lol kraken vid) I wouldn't worry too much, not hard to take care of by release. 

Im pretty sure it will be hard, if it wasnt- XLGames would have gone with all the things serverside. 

And noone is stupid risking a bann after paying 150 dollar for a game for making a bot- they wait till it goes f2p.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

Im pretty sure it will be hard, if it wasnt- XLGames would have gone with all the things serverside. 

And noone is stupid risking a bann after paying 150 dollar for a game for making a bot- they wait till it goes f2p.

If no one is stupid enough and you acknowledge I was correct why did you put bots in your title then? 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

direct link to the forum:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?2772-Hacks-cheats-dupes-bots-exploits-Q-to-developers-(Scapes)

That's a post from a player on the Russian servers? Where's an official forum post from a US server/Alpha/Founder player concerning hacks and bots?

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by MyownGod

Yeesh.. With WS's frequent disconnects and poor engine optimization (the latter would have been fixed by now if it was going to be) and now the revelation that AA is rampant with Hackers and Bots..  the ESO Hate Union may start having a difficult time.  And please.. pretty please.. don't try to play the "Beta" card.  Responses like that are just sad at this point. I wouldn't think this was so funny if there hadn't been such an insane amount of (mostly unfounded) hate against ESO.  I generally wish good luck to all games, whether I am interested in them or not.. But lately it's difficult to support people when they bash ESO (many of whom make it obvious they haven't played or played a single beta weekend). So wtg jackasses.  Best of luck with your "better" games.

LOL, explain why no one can play the "Beta" card? Its not even at beta phase yet. You're the only jack ass that brings up ESO when the topic is about AA, wrong place buddy. Bloody hypocrites, honestly even Runescape is better than ESO. Either you're new at MMO and know nothing about what an MMO should "Feel" or you're just a hardcore Elderscroll worshipper, because you bringing ESO here is like those people who brings up the name of God at a muslim or other religion conversation, people like you causes the religion War, get a life douche.

So you believe a game that has been released for over a year in many different countries is in alpha because it is moving to a new region?? Besides translation and minor tweaks the game is done. That is borderline headstart. Certainly not alpha.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......