Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth the money

MMHELMMHEL Member Posts: 313

Do u have to pay a extra buck to get a charchater slot and do u only have one charchater and the beginning if it is i am not going to play

Comments

• StrongladyStronglady Member UncommonPosts: 29

Its' $12.95 per a month, and a dollar more for an extra character. I think a dollar more for a mule character isn't going to kill you, I often thought the same way you did. But it is very useful when you can't hold anymore stuff on your main character or need an extra AH (Auction House) to sell things.

• tbirdtbird Member Posts: 18
    If u ask me I dont think u ever need another charcter because u can change jobs when ur in a town. The only reason would be for storage or another race.
  • SpyridonSpyridon Member Posts: 2
    as they said I think 75% of the players won't ever create a 2nd character simply because there is no need to do so. You're able to do everything with your first character and if you're having problems with the space in your inventory and mog house you're able to do quests called Gobby Bag to increase your bag... and if you really want to create a 2nd character that $1 won't hurt, thats right
  • dopefish18dopefish18 Member Posts: 163
    i agree with all of u guys...it is worth the money, even on getting new characters...though 1 character is enough for u to enjoy the game...

dont u dare start playing MMORPG unless u want to be hooked

• StrongladyStronglady Member UncommonPosts: 29

Originally posted by Spyridon
    as they said I think 75% of the players won't ever create a 2nd character simply because there is no need to do so. You're able to do everything with your first character and if you're having problems with the space in your inventory and mog house you're able to do quests called Gobby Bag to increase your bag... and if you really want to create a 2nd character that $1 won't hurt, thats right

I'm guessing you have played FFXI before? Well if you didn't notice at higher levels its really hard to things organized with drops that you often get from monsters, mostly likely to be crystal stacks and if you have all the equipment on, plus food not to mention other things. Your bag will be full, and an organized player(s) always gets good exp and good time. (Silent Oil, Prism Powder, and Meat/Fish Kabobs')

Well for the most reason I would spent the extra dollar would most likely be selling stuff on the AH. And if you know that this game revolves around money and equiptment, I would try to have another steady second income while you level. Does it make sense? To make money, you'll have to spent some money.

• SpyridonSpyridon Member Posts: 2
    Yes i played FFXI from the beginning until some months ago... you might get some problems with your space, but if you spend some money on those Gobby Bag quests it's not that bad... i was fine with my mithra and no 2nd character..
  • last_samurailast_samurai Member Posts: 3
    Im thinking on buying this game however does ne1 no the subscription charges for europe as i live in the UK and another think if u delete ur orginial character and create a new 1 do u have to pay the extra for the new char???????? I ask because i often start a mmoprg and get a bit into the game and find that i dont like my current class/race and wish to change.
  • AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I was never able to play it despite buying it.

Dont bother unless you like playing lottery and wonder:  ''Can I even play it?''

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

I have another question wot about the subscription, ive heard that u need a credit card, id ont have 1 all i have is a debit card which has switch on it (debit card in the UK). If anyone is playing or away to register an account could they check to see if they take this form of payment, as i dont want to buy the game only to find out that i cant play it.
  • sushimeessushimees Member Posts: 489

Basically any game allows credit/debit cards and basically they allow VISA Electron cards also, but you must have a virtual account tough for electron cards.

• FairyweatherFairyweather Member Posts: 18
    play someone else's account and see what you think. 
  • FairyweatherFairyweather Member Posts: 18
    It is worth it. 
  • ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Yes, you only get one characters to start with, and yes, it's an extra buck a month for each additional character. As a mitigating factor, let me mention than you can freely change jobs at your home whenever you wish to (each job levels separately), so you can try your hand at all the jobs (classes) with just the one character. I might also point out that it's only $12.95 a month for the one character. For the subscription rate of WoW (and an upfront investment of only $20 instead of WoW's $50), you can have FFXI with three characters. If it's still a game-breaker for you, well, it's your decision. I think you're missing out on a great game, but it's up to you.

Chris Mattern

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by Anofalye

I was never able to play it despite buying it.

Dont bother unless you like playing lottery and wonder:  ''Can I even play it?''

Why werent you able to play it? Any computer can run it. Did you not have a credit card? lol if not then you wont be able to play too many MMORPG's

I buy the game quite sometimes ago(between release of the game and Doom3 release, dunno what exact date, but somewhere between those 2 dates, at least a few months before doom3 release for sure...).  I try it, but my computer back then was unable to play it.

I try it not long ago with a new computer that run EQ2 smoothly, and they delete all my account info(a year old or something like that).

Thereby I cant log in.  Which basically mean they rob me for whatever ''acceptable'' reason they believe, I am north american and their reasons will never be valid from my point of view, since I never use the product.

I have a valid credit card and didnt break any of their rules.  I assume they delete everything because it was to old.  But the fact is...I was NEVER able to play the game, so not only should it not be deleted, I still should have the free trial.

I didnt find an easy way to contact their CS from their menu and the only email I send was prolly lost somewhere lame.  I am a customer, I dont have time to waste, it better work easily and it is THEIR duty to make sure a paying customer play easily the game. 

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Well, any MMO that you dont play for a year, don't expect your account to be still there. Most games tell you right up front your account will be deleted in 3 months. That would mean you would have to re-register your FFXI account as if it were brand new again. Pretty easy image

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Unfortunately, no. If you let your account completely lapse, it is dead, as are the activation codes used to create it. You're going to need to spring $20 for a new copy of FFXI and new set of activation codes (note that you can use PC version activation codes when installing it on a PS2 and vice-versa).

Legally, Square is in their right.

Emotionnally, they are quite wrong, since I was never offered the option to save the data on MY computer(good reasons to keep it on their servers).

I never play the game, never was able to log in the world, just able to use my account info.  That is pretty wrong as far as I am concerned.  They should at least have tell me I was unable to run the game before I actually waste my account(have a tutorial zone load before everything else?).

Not to mention that competitors are MUCH more nicer then Square is.  In EQ, the peoples who actually see their characters deleted because they never play(or lose their account for inactivity) are like ghost stories, everyone know a friend of a friend to who it happen, but nobody know a friend directly.  This is prolly just some random SoE bashing, cant blame the players, many others reasons.  In CoH, my guild roaster have peoples on it that are inactive for MORE then a year...if a character or account is deleted, the name is removed from the guild roaster.

I plan on not respecting my pre-order of FFXII or buying any Square product, and legally, I am in my rights!

PS: FFXII was never deemed worthy of buying my new computer earlier for it, and such a treatments show me I should just go to companies that care for their customers, NCsoft or SoE care a lot about us no matter the urbans legends against SoE!  image

• Nikko_91Nikko_91 Member Posts: 40

Fuck this

FF XI hassnt even come out in australia

• gthprincegthprince Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by Spyridon

I know some one said some thing already but ... I am a 46 thf ... I farm stuff like there is no tomorrow , craft things, and just hold on to stuff... okay now if you dont need extra space I take it then you only lvled 1 job the whole way through or actually 1 job type because then you never did like thf, you neet to start with doing thf war then get thf to 30 and get nin by the time you get nin you sold all your old stuff to get new stuff right? Well i hope so so now you sold all that stuff to get new old stuff to lvl up nin then you finally get to say lvl 45 for TH2 so you can farm ... you go farming crystals so you can craft you put them in your mh .... no matter what I have up to gobbie bag 5 done and my MH is upgraded to the second one ( not enough fame to get the third upgrade yet ) and I still have holding problems. The reasons for "mules" vary like I have 1 in sandy even though my guy is from sandy to start for 2 reasons ... 1 all ninja tools are cheap as alll holy hell in sandy 2 ... ... I dun know I just know sandy like the back of my hand and its the easiest place to go from mail person to ah to mh. Now also a mule is for people like me that instead of selling that old stuff they keep it for their other jobs Or if your a fisher, and harvester and you have all that stuff ... thats 4 things + what ever you need to do that job so for fishing +2 and for harvesting +1 that right there is 11 items. and for fishing thats saying you are using a rig or lure. Now if your not using them thats 11 spots in your mh being taken up. from there you have other random bs like quest items, Rare/ex itmes other stuff for other jobs.... may reasons for haveing mules and good ones. But any way 1 dollar thats not a bad deal ... then again you could just go play EQ and you get 8 chars on a server of your choice for what is it now 14.99 a month? Though you can go and do for more then that as in pay every 3 months or so on.

------------------------------------
    Name: Gthprince
    Mos frequent job: 46Thf/23nin , 28nin/14war
    -=Run run as fast as you can you'll never catch me I'm the gingerbread man.=-

• gthprincegthprince Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by Anofalye
    I buy the game quite sometimes ago(between release of the game and Doom3 release, dunno what exact date, but somewhere between those 2 dates, at least a few months before doom3 release for sure...). I try it, but my computer back then was unable to play it.

I try it not long ago with a new computer that run EQ2 smoothly, and they delete all my account info(a year old or something like that).

Thereby I cant log in. Which basically mean they rob me for whatever ''acceptable'' reason they believe, I am north american and their reasons will never be valid from my point of view, since I never use the product.

I have a valid credit card and didnt break any of their rules. I assume they delete everything because it was to old. But the fact is...I was NEVER able to play the game, so not only should it not be deleted, I still should have the free trial.

I didnt find an easy way to contact their CS from their menu and the only email I send was prolly lost somewhere lame. I am a customer, I dont have time to waste, it better work easily and it is THEIR duty to make sure a paying customer play easily the game.

Ummmm by the way ... If you read the terms of agreement ... in there if you deactivate your account you have 3 months, and it your account is inactive for a year or more I think it is your account will be deleted.

Name: Gthprince
    Mos frequent job: 46Thf/23nin , 28nin/14war
    -=Run run as fast as you can you'll never catch me I'm the gingerbread man.=-

Having just forked out £15 for the game with both expansion packs, i am somewhat miifed that they will not allow ppl to use the type of debit card i have, it totally peeves me of that i need to get a CC just to play the damm game espicaly since none will give me1 and i can use my Dc for other games. I think this is very short sighted of playonline, cause how many ppl have baought the game but cant play due to thier stupid reg process.