Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Dev Journal] General: Adventure Time Battle Party: Beemo & Fionna Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Fans of Adventure Time will find much to love and admire about the newly announced MOBA, Adventure Time Battle Party. We have teamed up with Cartoon Network to reveal two of the heroes from which players will be able to choose: Fionna and Beemo. 

Read more Adventure Time Battle Party: Beemo & Fionna Revealed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ace5572ace5572 Member Posts: 113
    Its a TV show. A very good one too. At first you think its a children's show....then you watch a few episodes and figure out the main character is the last human alive and there was some apocalyptic war in the past. Its a very crazy show haha.
  • AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

it's a MOBA

everyone directed their resources from WoW killers to mobas now

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689
    I had no idea this was in the works. No matter how much I love Adventure Time I just cannot see this being any good. The other AT games have been mediocre at best.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430
    What kind of a game is it?
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Wait, really? I can't imagine this working out all that well. Other than the fact that it's a MOBA probably directed at kids, it can't garner that much popularity. LoL and Dota are too easy to download and play for more MOBAs to get that big. This is like the chase to make WoW all over again, but with the chase to make Dota / LoL.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Articles need to be labeled MOBA, MMO, RPG in a way you know what it is before you click on them, let a lone the article not even stating what type of game it is.  
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    Originally posted by ace5572
    Its a TV show. A very good one too. At first you think its a children's show....then you watch a few episodes and figure out the main character is the last human alive and there was some apocalyptic war in the past. Its a very crazy show haha.

Well said! And when you see the Ice King's backstory/origins, wow it's pretty dark for a "kids show".

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Hehe, I thought this was another Super Adventure Box type minigame in GW2 when I clicked it on. 
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

It's actually a pretty good show. It has a dark sense of humor about it at times, and doesn't take itself too seriously. I'm not actually sure if I'd let my kinds watch it... Nothing bad in it really, just very weird at times lol

As for the MOBA, I'd give it a try. Cartoon Network has never really made very good games, but who knows, it might be good.

Smile

• docminus2docminus2 Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Originally posted by Kaerigan
    I had no idea this was in the works. No matter how much I love Adventure Time I just cannot see this being any good. The other AT games have been mediocre at best.

Actually, Card Wars is an awesome game. Of course it's not comparable with other TC games, and yes, it might be more directed to kids, but so what? It's only good that there are more "kid-friendly" games out there. So, though admittedly most AT games haven't been that great, let's hope this will just as Card Wars.

--------------------------------------------
    Youtube newb:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96N3cxBuqKTPV2BQNlzGUw