Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick GW2 Question

2»

Comments

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by TheRealDarkeus
    Originally posted by Kenaoshi

So much wrong here...

Defensive stats are for WvW yes.

In dungeons, or PVE in general, go full zerk meta build, why spend 1h in a dungeon u can complete 5 mins? Plus u gain more awareness of your class when your life is on the line. 

In Gw2 support(CC/healing) is given NOT in armor type and build, but utilities(Skills)! So in fact and Zerk Guard with proper utilities (e.g Wall of Reflection, "Retreat", Purgin Flames, popping virtues) welding Greatwrod/Sword+Focus  provides better support than a selfish clerics staff guardian, that have abismal damage overall, poor/redundant skills.

And if all else fail, if you have lots of time on your hands, you can always create your own LFG with your own rules.

bye.

And this is my major problem, with GW2.... There really is no build variety at all. Maybe in WvW but not anywhere else. This game is not really good for the PvE Experience. Without the Trinity, basically everything has devolved into DPS, DPS, DPS in PvE. Which is about as fun as watching paint dry.

GW2 could be a much better game if they actually knew how to make good, balanced PvE content that ACTUALLY used GW2's trinity of Damage, Support and Control.  As it is right now, Support and Control are worthless in all but one mode of the game....

It is a shame too. So many good thing about the game. But as much as you want to call the Trinity a downgrade, it works better than what is going on in GW2, in my opinion....

Zerging down bosses is just easy and takes not thought. It also takes longer than doing things properly and usually ends up in more death and longer runs for some dungeons. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

I will not say so much is wrong here but I will say this. GW2 has many things that make your character what they are and it has nothing to do with roles but more on class type. All classes have support, damage and control skills its learning them that help a lot more then speccing into a certain role. I have run every type of content in the game even 40+ Fractuals and I run in a mix of gear not Zerkers but I mix and match my equipment to make me versital in anything so I might run Zerker armor on my ranger with emerald jewelry and can run any content its all in how you as a player find it more confortable to play. A lot of people I have run with in dungeons and even fratuals have asked me many times when we finish what gear I have cause it seems to work very well and I tell them I keep may stats somewhat equal so I dont gimp myself in areas my power is around 2 k my prec is almost 2 k heck most my stats are 2 k just so I can be versital in what ever I do.

To the op if and when you do play GW2 dont try to be anything but what you choose to be class wise dont put a role to it and have fun playing how you feel confortalbe.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by nolic1

I will not say so much is wrong here but I will say this. GW2 has many things that make your character what they are and it has nothing to do with roles but more on class type. All classes have support, damage and control skills its learning them that help a lot more then speccing into a certain role. I have run every type of content in the game even 40+ Fractuals and I run in a mix of gear not Zerkers but I mix and match my equipment to make me versital in anything so I might run Zerker armor on my ranger with emerald jewelry and can run any content its all in how you as a player find it more confortable to play. A lot of people I have run with in dungeons and even fratuals have asked me many times when we finish what gear I have cause it seems to work very well and I tell them I keep may stats somewhat equal so I dont gimp myself in areas my power is around 2 k my prec is almost 2 k heck most my stats are 2 k just so I can be versital in what ever I do.

To the op if and when you do play GW2 dont try to be anything but what you choose to be class wise dont put a role to it and have fun playing how you feel confortalbe.

My advice to people is to start off with full Knight's and fine tune from there.

If you want a no-brainer just go full celestial, but that might take a while ;P

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    In every game people go for cookie cutter builds and gear. People ask for variety; but always end up with the build a "famous" theory crafter made.
    You can play gw2 with all sorts of builds; but will you be as effective as the one who use the best build? No.
    It allows freedom; but at the same time it punish you.
    As long as max dps will be the meta; nerfing berserker gear won't do anything.
    GW2 failed in making support in any way viable in dungeons; but it's still not too late!
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by akuma696
    elementalist and necormancers can tank if you spec them properly.

Mesmer can do a pretty good job there as well.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022
    Originally posted by An4thor
    [snip]
    GW2 failed in making support in any way viable in dungeons; but it's still not too late!

So filling green bars is support but using walls/bubbles to reflect projectiles, Virtues/Shouts/Mantras/wells to remove conditions, shouts/virtues to grant immunity, combo fields(e.g Fire field + combo finisher = might ) is not?

The support is there, but instead to rely on 1 person while 4 other go brainless ALL must cooperate, otherwise groups wipe.

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.