Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New GS ship role removed indefinitely

ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=738432

Today , 12:35 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you all an update on the new ship role that Bruce had mentioned previously in his roadmap, slated for Game Update 2.8. Unfortunately, that ship role has been pushed out indefinitely. Not to say it is impossible to be brought in at a future date, but it has been pushed off of our current roadmap.

Certainly the first question to be asked is why? Our roadmap began to shift into a new direction with a high priority placed around both Galactic Strongholds and that other expansion Bruce briefly mentioned before. In looking at our current schedule, we felt that Starfighter was in a healthy state and so by cutting the new role, we could make a better experience for our upcoming expansions.

We definitely realize that this will be upsetting news to players who are big fans of GSF. We don't want you to feel like we are just leaving GSF in the dust in place of other features. Coming in GU 2.8 there are 2 new ship variants coming, a new Gunship and a new Bomber. I know it isn't as exciting as a whole new role but we want you to know we are still dedicated to expanding GSF, like all of our game systems.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Eric Musco | Community Manager

Personally I thought the Bomber shouldn't have been added. Did anyone ever hear what the new ship role was planned to be, now that it's been scrapped?

First the date pushback, now a feature cancellation... was this why BioWare wasn't communicating clearly throughout 2013? Unable to stick to plans?

Comments

• MixxathonMixxathon Member UncommonPosts: 28

Personally I thought the Bomber shouldn't have been added. Did anyone ever hear what the new ship role was planned to be, now that it's been scrapped?

First the date pushback, now a feature cancellation... was this why BioWare wasn't communicating clearly throughout 2013? Unable to stick to plans?

Well, to be honset... the feature was never detailed so it is not really something to cry about.

And I suppose that it could be them unable to stick to plans.... OR... it is not a conspiracy and the post actually told us why they decided what they did. Is that even slightly concievable?

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by Impacthound

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/eu/trends

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/trends

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by Mixxathon

Well, to be honset... the feature was never detailed so it is not really something to cry about.

And I suppose that it could be them unable to stick to plans.... OR... it is not a conspiracy and the post actually told us why they decided what they did. Is that even slightly concievable?

Turns out it was going to be some sort of stealth ship with cloaking and/or radar invisibility. Definitely good they scrapped it, that's more appropriate for a slower tactical setting like Star Trek.

I wasn't implying that it's a conspiracy, but in the first two years BioWare's community managers have been consistently silent other than at cantina events and conventions about long-term game plans, and the players assumed they didn't want to say something and then get called out on it when it doesn't pan out... now here's 2 recent examples of plans changing. I thought it was a reasonable thing to discuss.