Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Curious about this game for sandbox players (I know it's a hybrid).

JeepEscapeJeepEscape Member UncommonPosts: 64

Hey, Everyone.

I'm on the fence about purchasing the Founder's package, mostly because I'm curious about how the game feels/plays for people who enjoy sandbox type games.  I know this is a hybrid or "sandpark" style game, and that's fine.  One of my favorite games of all time, Star Wars Galaxies basically was too.

Some of the posts here are hitting my checkboxes for a fun game to play.  I'm particularly stoked to hear people talk about the sense of living world, a community forming, open gameplay options, etc.  I'm hearing mixed things about crafting with some people saying it's very simple/boring, and others saying they are enjoying it.

Are there any Star Wars Galaxies, UO, AO players who feel this game may be able to deliver on the depth and fun those games had?  Do you find people are grouping up and working together yet, or is it largely a solo experience?  Do you find that the game provides room for people to make their own path through the game, create their own characters which are not really part of the current structure, etc?  SWG allowed for people to sort of make things up that weren't part of the design, because it was very flexible and provided lots of tools for letting your imagination run wild.

Right now, the only other games I'm interested in are The Repopulation, which has been delayed, and H1Z1 which sounds like it's not going to deliver on the "home for SWG vets" as Smed tried to say. I still haven't heard an explanation for him saying this, in light of what the game actually is.  In fact, it's basically just a larger, more polished version of DayZ thus far, with aspirations to be something more, only of the community makes it so.  Considering the game fails to draw a diverse player base in with it's DayZ model, I don't see that happening to any interesting extent.

Please keep your complaining about my potential purchase of a Founder's pack to yourself.  You can pretend I'm "stupid", or have been "scammed" for doing so, but I don't buy anything without thinking it through.  The price is worth it to me, especially in light of not having what I consider a fun MMORPG to play, for the past several years.

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

I'm faaar from an expert on the game ( but interested ) and from what I'm getting I think a lot of the sandbox features are included in the sub portion of the game. So if you're someone that doesn't mind spending the $15 a month you'll get a lot more access to the type of things you're looking for. ( I could be totally wrong about this btw )

I think the main thing about the game that has me interested is there are a lot of theme park elements but they're not 100% linear yellow brick road, like so many traditional theme parks have become.