Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TESO: It's not me, it's you

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • ArcheAge2014ArcheAge2014 Member UncommonPosts: 135

I tottally agree with OP, i would have done the same thing he did if i were in his shoe.

Why should shitty company with shitty product keep my money? Id also ask for the refund or force a refund, i refuse to get anal by the shitty product they put out.

Also there are players out here say that why dont you plunk down $60 to try the game out, and dont listen to the negative reviews out there? So that player wants to con other mmorpg players out of their $60 just to try the shitty game with no recourse to " just try this mmorpg to form your own opinion"?

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by ArcheAge2014

I tottally agree with OP, i would have done the same thing he did if i were in his shoe.

Why should shitty company with shitty product keep my money? Id also ask for the refund or force a refund, i refuse to get anal by the shitty product they put out.

Also there are players out here say that why dont you plunk down $60 to try the game out, and dont listen to the negative reviews out there? So that player wants to con other mmorpg players out of their $60 just to try the shitty game with no recourse to " just try this mmorpg to form your own opinion"?

I agree with the first part though I would have gone with a different tone of voice. Even though IM a big fan and right now am loving the game. Im sorry your experiance with it isnt the same as mine.

I dont entirely with your 2nd remark, its a smart thing to read reviews from both side of the fence.

The part I dont agree with is when I express my enjoyment or even suggest to try the game, Im not doing that to con you, Im doing that because I hope you will enjoy the game as much as I do.

But again.. my disagreement is mostly in the tone of voice.

• AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Azmodeus
    Originally posted by syriinx

Going back to my old faithfuls; Wakfu Online and Anarchy Online as far as MMOs. I also recently purchased Dark Souls 2 so I'll have a lot of fun with that :D.

Wait so you are asking for a refund because of launch bugs (after spending an enormous amount of time in game) yet you play Anarchy Online?

I find that quite amusing.

I never played Anarchy Online on it's release. It could have been deemed unplayable. However, I play it now and it's a great game. I do know that I've played Elder Scrolls Online when it was released and after almost a month now I am still not able to progress through very key points in the game in addition to other game breaking bugs. So I can deem this in my experience unplayable.

I am sorry, but you just CANNOT compare the release of Anarchy Online and Elder Scrolls Online. For those of us who were around to experience it you are just flat out wrong.    Since you were not around, I will cut you a little slack, but ESO is far from unplayable, and Zenimax has done a great job compared to the debacle that the Funcom release was.    What this proves is that game companies can right the ship and given some time they can crank out a good product.  AO improved tremendously and became a cool sci fi niche game.    To recap :  You played a lot, you burned out, a few bugs aggravated you, your quitting and telling the entire MMORPG community and your going back to THE buggiest beta/release MMO of all time Anarchy Online.    I won't even get into the point of you asking and getting a refund, I feel that is pretty dam pathetic and cheap.

A few bugs is a severe understatement to say the least. I can compare anything I want if I want you can't say I can't. Especially when I've never tried to compare Anarchy Online to Elder Scrolls Online. I only made the statement that I was going back to Anarchy Online. Seriously, why get defensive over it? I had a horrible experience with a game that's very broken. The fact that I've documented all of the issues and sent it to their customer support granted me the ability to refund the product I've purchased. If you like it and haven't had a terrible experience good for you; but I didn't have that same experience.

I really could care less if you quit or not.  You just lose all credibility when you say the game is too buggy and quit because of it, only to go play Anarchy Online which was deemed the Buggiest release MMO of all time.. Look it up.  It took over 6 months to make the game playable and they had to re-release and win back players.  You my friend are a hyprocrite.  

During its first month of release many stability, registration, and billing issues hurt public perception of the game. Some gaming reporters[which?] said it was the worst launch of an MMO in the history of the genre. Funcom spent about 6 months fixing the game, particularly the beginning experience. The company then took the "fixed game" on a press tour to convince reporters to give it another try, even though reviews and scores had been printed months before. At the same time, the company needed to build subscribers, which was very difficult given the reputation of the game.

OMG I am Ancient!
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    He didn't even compare the release of Anarchy Online to the release of ESO. He even said that he didn't play AO at release.
  • AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    I know what he said.  Talk about giving the game no chance, when the game he is playing had a resurrection from a far worse situation.  No game is perfect, I could care less if he wants to quit.  The whole thing about a refund after 100 hours or so played is down right stealing also in my book..
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Azmodeus
    I know what he said.  Talk about giving the game no chance, when the game he is playing had a resurrection from a far worse situation.  No game is perfect, I could care less if he wants to quit.  The whole thing about a refund after 100 hours or so played is down right stealing also in my book..

Maybe he'll be willing to pick up ESO in 12 years too.

• PalaziousPalazious Member Posts: 162

I don't fault the OP.

IMO, ESO is the buggiest AAA release I've played in quite awhile..... but I think it depends on what faction you're playing whether your experience mirrors his.

As far as myself I've been playing AD and there's several quests that I log on and check every week to see if they have got fixed....they still have, in every zone, the same quests that hasn't worked since beta.

I think one of ESOs problems and major mistakes is that:

If you're going to make a quest grinder and use the quests as barriers to progression then you had damn well better make sure your quests work BEFORE you launch the game.

Even in the final beta many players couldn't progress due to the quests bugs.  Instead of prioritizing and fixing these gameplay stopping bugs they chose to spend their time nerfing XP out of any alternate ways of gameplay progression thereby compounding the problem for those "stuck".

IMO, for an AAA company to release a MMO in this state is a step back for the industry...especially after MMOs such as Rift and LOTRO have set a decent standard for MMO release.  I'm still plugging along (for awhile...still can't get into the quest grinders) but I can't fault those who feel this MMO is below their standard and demand better.

Palazious <The Vindicators> Darkfall
    Palazious r40, rr45 SW War
    Palazious 50 Pirate PoTBS
    Palazious 35 Sorcerer Vanguard
    Palazious 75 wizard EQ
    Paladori 50 Champion LOTRO
    Poppa Reaver bugged at rank15

• SetzerSetzer Member UncommonPosts: 261

I understand the OP's reasons for cancelling but I don't agree with asking for a refund.   As much time as he spent playing the game he shouldn't have been granted one.  I guess if its OK then everyone should play to 50 and then tell Zenimax to refund their money.

I'm also guessing the OP doesn't have very much experience with MMO launches because every one I've been apart of over the last 20 years has had its fair share of issues.....from game breaking bugs, to servers crashing, to companies not being prepared and dealing with overcrowded servers and ques. I've seen it all and while I'd like for every MMO that launches to be perfect and 100% bug free, it's just not realistic. I guess maybe I should go back and demand a refund for each and every one of them.

• GravehillGravehill Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by Azoth
    Originally posted by Gaeluian

Same ole story..'I gotz to uber level in a week,  just over a month after the game is out, I encountered bugz! I want my money back,  waahhhhhh'

It's your own fault for leveling so fast and not completing content. Give the game some time to fix any bugs. ALL MMO's have massive bugs within the fist year. They all do.

Aion, Tera, GW2, GW, FFXIV, FFXIV:ARR, Age of Wushu Yeah, "all MMOs have massive bugs within the first year." 

You trying to prove his point ? all those were bugged at release.

Name one bug FFXIV ARR had at release. The servers were congested at the beginning, and they refunded people. That was it

• RigurRigur Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Setzer

I understand the OP's reasons for cancelling but I don't agree with asking for a refund.   As much time as he spent playing the game he shouldn't have been granted one.  I guess if its OK then everyone should play to 50 and then tell Zenimax to refund their money.

I'm also guessing the OP doesn't have very much experience with MMO launches because every one I've been apart of over the last 20 years has had its fair share of issues.....from game breaking bugs, to servers crashing, to companies not being prepared and dealing with overcrowded servers and ques. I've seen it all and while I'd like for every MMO that launches to be perfect and 100% bug free, it's just not realistic. I guess maybe I should go back and demand a refund for each and every one of them.

If he had played to level 20 and asked for a refund all you idiots would be saying he didn't give the game a chance.

The first MMO you loved will always be the best. You will never get that feeling back stop trying.

• MrG8MrG8 Member UncommonPosts: 111

Is this some new behaviour? Creating a new forum post on all forums you're a memember of and letting them know you're quitting a game.... I dont get it :)

Hope you'll find the right game for you mate!

• DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338
    These forums are getting to be pretty pitiful. Especially with all the people that make a career out of letting the industry slack and giving them a free pass to do a godawful crap release. After all these years you'd think people would start to get tired of it and bitch more so that the next games that come out will actually be QA'd, but nope, not on these forums. Shit = Gold on here. *awaiting yet my NEXT ban now =P*
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Fanboy thing is real.  Guy who clearly likes the game vents his frustrations and decides not to continue with subscription and a drove of ree-rees who can't or chose not to read come bumbling and swarming through like World War Z. Why do you stupids take it so personal? Does a loved one work at Zenimax or something? You're just as bad as the moron who does the "this game sucks and is the worst thing ever on earth". Sheesh.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • NecropsieNecropsie Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by TangentPoint

Yeah, I should have made a *sarcasm* remark after that post... oh well. I'm enjoying listening to how many people truly hate the fact that I was displeased with this game.

It's not that you're displeased with "this game", so much as it is that you've expressed dissatisfaction with "their game" - as in, the fans' game. You've voiced criticism of it, and they just will not tolerate that. It's "their game", and you're not allowed to criticise it... or face what they've been throwing at you throughout this entire thread.

In reading this thread - and I've read the whole thing up to this point - all I'm seeing are a number of people having a cow because you:

A) Came out and calmly stated your dissatisfaction the game

B) Calmly gave specific examples of issues you've had when challenged

C) Requested a refund and got it - despite the insistence that you wouldn't get it.

Notice how quickly turned their arguments to attacking you personally once they realized that you did, in fact get the refund they were certain you wouldn't? That turn of events was as predictable as can be. What else are they gonna do, say "Oh, well, I guess you had a valid case, then?". Of course not. That would be conceding that "their game" has a larger number of issues than they want to admit. So, of course they're going to target you personally. Ad-hominems are the last resort of someone with nothing else to say.

What I get a kick out of is how after you've given quite descriptive accounts of what you've done, what you've dealt with and how you've tried to make your way through the game despite all the road-blocks and issues you've had... there are people who keep trying to say you weren't due a refund because "you played the game for as long as you did". I guess the idea that "struggling to use a product that is giving you nothing but continuous issues" is no different to them than "playing and enjoying a product". You nailed it.. You bought a product, that product did not work - despite your continuous efforts to try and deal with all the issues it presented. But of course, they can't acknowledge that either... because, again.. that would be conceding that "their game" has more issues than they want to admit.

This entire thread has been a wonderful text-book demonstration of just how people will invest far too much of themselves into defending a MMO they like against any and all criticism... even resorting to personal insults and character assassination when things aren't falling their direction.

You absolutely did the right thing, and it's awesome that Zeni issued you the refund.

All this thread boils down to - like so many others - is that you've openly criticized "their game". Nothing you say, no amount of explanation, illustration or what-have-you is going to make a bit of difference. They're not interested in hearing or understanding your side. You criticized "their game", and now they have to do everything they can to dismiss everything you've said. That's all it boils down to. Intolerant, closed-minded individuals treating critical opinions of "their game" as though they were personal insults.

All I have to say is; quite true.

Definitely true.

There is a thin line between being a fanboy and being a rabid fanatic. For some reason, lots of posters here passed that line.

This is a interesting thing actually. Like.. disciples of a sheikh. Or zealots of a newly formed religion. I sincerely think this is a sociology case and needs to be worked on.

Stages of a new mmo: 1) It's just beta. It still has plenty of time before release. 2) It just launched. Give it time. WoW wasn't built in a day. 3) We don't need you anyway. 4) F2P announced. 5)Huge influx of players. 6) Look how much has changed. 7) Cash shop is the only thing developed lately. 8) It has been a long journey and we thank everyone who was part of it. Shutting down in 3 months. (Courtesy of Robokapp.)

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by ChicagoCub
    Originally posted by Thornrage

Interesting. Several members of the guild I am in are VR10. Funny how they were able to get past VR5.

Well goodbye.

Yeah, most VR10 players used an exploit to bypass all of the questing. Unfortunately those cheaters still remain in the game, ;)

Winner.

Yeah, we had about 4-5 guildmates who used the exploit as well. They're still chugging away at the game. 

Was the number 1 reason why I quit!

With all the exploits and dupes! And then Zenimax just doesn't give a crap (incompetence or not) and let everyone just get away with it.

It's basically an Open invitation to all botters and exploiters, to all please come to this game and exploit and bot away to your heart's content! We won't punish you! Just pay your monthly fee and give us your money! That's all!

I have seen this just too many times. Cryptic I am looking at you!

/FACEPALM

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Necropsie
    Originally posted by TangentPoint

Yeah, I should have made a *sarcasm* remark after that post... oh well. I'm enjoying listening to how many people truly hate the fact that I was displeased with this game.

It's not that you're displeased with "this game", so much as it is that you've expressed dissatisfaction with "their game" - as in, the fans' game. You've voiced criticism of it, and they just will not tolerate that. It's "their game", and you're not allowed to criticise it... or face what they've been throwing at you throughout this entire thread.

In reading this thread - and I've read the whole thing up to this point - all I'm seeing are a number of people having a cow because you:

A) Came out and calmly stated your dissatisfaction the game

B) Calmly gave specific examples of issues you've had when challenged

C) Requested a refund and got it - despite the insistence that you wouldn't get it.

Notice how quickly turned their arguments to attacking you personally once they realized that you did, in fact get the refund they were certain you wouldn't? That turn of events was as predictable as can be. What else are they gonna do, say "Oh, well, I guess you had a valid case, then?". Of course not. That would be conceding that "their game" has a larger number of issues than they want to admit. So, of course they're going to target you personally. Ad-hominems are the last resort of someone with nothing else to say.

What I get a kick out of is how after you've given quite descriptive accounts of what you've done, what you've dealt with and how you've tried to make your way through the game despite all the road-blocks and issues you've had... there are people who keep trying to say you weren't due a refund because "you played the game for as long as you did". I guess the idea that "struggling to use a product that is giving you nothing but continuous issues" is no different to them than "playing and enjoying a product". You nailed it.. You bought a product, that product did not work - despite your continuous efforts to try and deal with all the issues it presented. But of course, they can't acknowledge that either... because, again.. that would be conceding that "their game" has more issues than they want to admit.

This entire thread has been a wonderful text-book demonstration of just how people will invest far too much of themselves into defending a MMO they like against any and all criticism... even resorting to personal insults and character assassination when things aren't falling their direction.

You absolutely did the right thing, and it's awesome that Zeni issued you the refund.

All this thread boils down to - like so many others - is that you've openly criticized "their game". Nothing you say, no amount of explanation, illustration or what-have-you is going to make a bit of difference. They're not interested in hearing or understanding your side. You criticized "their game", and now they have to do everything they can to dismiss everything you've said. That's all it boils down to. Intolerant, closed-minded individuals treating critical opinions of "their game" as though they were personal insults.

All I have to say is; quite true.

Definitely true.

There is a thin line between being a fanboy and being a rabid fanatic. For some reason, lots of posters here passed that line.

This is a interesting thing actually. Like.. disciples of a sheikh. Or zealots of a newly formed religion. I sincerely think this is a sociology case and needs to be worked on.

And that is reason number 2 to just uninstall the game. Just the idea the game is filled With such zealots make me cringe.

Remember Vanguard: Saga of Heroes just after release?  My god! Getting some serious DeJaVu here! /SIGH

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    I got my refund~ all $90.00 I spent. So we can drop the whole," You're not going to get it" or "I sincerely hope you don't get it."

You played all the way to VR5 and got a full refund? Wow, I'd feel bad taking all my money back. Just saying.

Yes there are bugs but they will be worked out in time. There is a big patch coming soon (the PTS patch), so I wish you could have held out a little longer. I hope you consider coming back.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

I haven't played TESO outside of beta but it sounds like the game is having similar problems that WAR did its first year. 

Anyways, thanks for the feedback Mtibbs.

• AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217
    Originally posted by superconducting
    I got my refund~ all $90.00 I spent. So we can drop the whole," You're not going to get it" or "I sincerely hope you don't get it."

You played all the way to VR5 and got a full refund? Wow, I'd feel bad taking all my money back. Just saying.

Yes there are bugs but they will be worked out in time. There is a big patch coming soon (the PTS patch), so I wish you could have held out a little longer. I hope you consider coming back.

Kinda agree. I'm VR4 now, and I'd never even consider a refund at this point. Simply played it too much to justify it even a bit.

Either way, glad it worked out for the OP! :-)

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    you leaving ESO? so bb next EliteMember from mmorpg.com  :)
  • RawasaRawasa Member UncommonPosts: 37

I bet if zenimax fixes most of the bugged quest for good and improves the game a little more(meaning fixing more stuff), the OP would return. He already played that far so its not like he didn't like the game and wanted a refund because of just not liking it.When he discovers that zenimax deserves his money again he will give them it, he just thought that they didn't deserve his $90 as of yet because of a buggy product (differs for some).

I would write more but it appears that some of these people think ESO is the holy grail and are required to defend it.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,960
    Just glad we don't get a new thread every time someone decides to join TESO.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

This discussion has been closed.