Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

At what point do these bugs get fixed?

2»

Comments

• NellusNellus Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Originally posted by Celusios

Yo bros,

Just a thread to discuss with others about how they feel towards the current stance on bugs. If any of you do not currently have the game, I STRONGLY suggest against buying it until even the most common bugs are fixed.

This game is entirely plagued with bugs. I mean, everywhere. This game has more bugs in it than Starship Troopers does during their invasion. The game has been about for over a month now and I have seen little progress at all towards these fixes.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

As is usually the case I'm skipping the majority of the thread-reading and just replying to the OP. =)

I think the bugs have been made out to be both better and worse than they are. Some people pretend they are uncommon - which is not true. Others seem to throw out random numbers and percentages, which haven't been anywhere near true for my experience.

There are a lot, overall. I think they've done a pretty good job in attempting to get things fixed, however I question their priority rankings. There have been a lot of cosmetic fixes that, unless they only take a minute to complete, have no business being among the "fixes", and come off more as padding to make patch notes look full than anything else.

I started out in the camp of people who actually had no bugs, I wasn't lying. Once I got to level 30 or whatever, in the Greenshade area - with constantly rollbacks, I began having my share of issues. I've worked past most of them, but currently have a few. For those interested.. the Daedroth Larder in Coldharbour isn't registering kill achievement. Willowgrove Cavern in Reaper's March will not discover, despite that I go there daily to see if it feels like working. Lastly, I'm one of the 61/62 people in Shadowfen who have no quests remaining due to completing these quests outside of the usual order of things, making five quests unavailable to complete. That's all I have left for bugs, but I've had one or two things sitting around along the way that have been fixed.

I do love the Starship Troopers joke, I made a similar one in-game during the Greenshade rollbacks. "If this game had any more bugs it could be a Starship Troopers MMO". =)

As a direct answer to when they get fixed... eventually. Some are, and I think the vast majority of others will - although I may not be around to see it. There will come a point where it just has a few bugs that never get fixed, like every MMO I've played, and then the bug wave - fix one, create two with the patch, fix two, create one, etc. We're not even a month into the release, and this is not being an apologist for Zenimax. It was obviously released with a crapload of bugs, and I think it would be unreasonable to expect everything to be fixed within a month, especially as more and more get discovered. Seems like their beta testing was incredibly poor at discovery/reporting.

- Nellus

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992

Celusios have the bugs stopped you playing? You missed one quest and can never go back and do it again when its fixed? The frozen combat bug has struck me three times in four weeks play, you? Three times, again not crippling my gameplay.The duping bug, how did that ruin your game? We don't even have a auction house. And they are being slowly cleared.

There are bugs, but they are having virtually zero impact on my gameplay so I just don't get it.

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    Originally posted by Slackker

Yo bros,

Just a thread to discuss with others about how they feel towards the current stance on bugs. If any of you do not currently have the game, I STRONGLY suggest against buying it until even the most common bugs are fixed.

This game is entirely plagued with bugs. I mean, everywhere. This game has more bugs in it than Starship Troopers does during their invasion. The game has been about for over a month now and I have seen little progress at all towards these fixes.

As is usually the case I'm skipping the majority of the thread-reading and just replying to the OP. =)

I think the bugs have been made out to be both better and worse than they are. Some people pretend they are uncommon - which is not true. Others seem to throw out random numbers and percentages, which haven't been anywhere near true for my experience.

There are a lot, overall. I think they've done a pretty good job in attempting to get things fixed, however I question their priority rankings. There have been a lot of cosmetic fixes that, unless they only take a minute to complete, have no business being among the "fixes", and come off more as padding to make patch notes look full than anything else.

I started out in the camp of people who actually had no bugs, I wasn't lying. Once I got to level 30 or whatever, in the Greenshade area - with constantly rollbacks, I began having my share of issues. I've worked past most of them, but currently have a few. For those interested.. the Daedroth Larder in Coldharbour isn't registering kill achievement. Willowgrove Cavern in Reaper's March will not discover, despite that I go there daily to see if it feels like working. Lastly, I'm one of the 61/62 people in Shadowfen who have no quests remaining due to completing these quests outside of the usual order of things, making five quests unavailable to complete. That's all I have left for bugs, but I've had one or two things sitting around along the way that have been fixed.

I do love the Starship Troopers joke, I made a similar one in-game during the Greenshade rollbacks. "If this game had any more bugs it could be a Starship Troopers MMO". =)

As a direct answer to when they get fixed... eventually. Some are, and I think the vast majority of others will - although I may not be around to see it. There will come a point where it just has a few bugs that never get fixed, like every MMO I've played, and then the bug wave - fix one, create two with the patch, fix two, create one, etc. We're not even a month into the release, and this is not being an apologist for Zenimax. It was obviously released with a crapload of bugs, and I think it would be unreasonable to expect everything to be fixed within a month, especially as more and more get discovered. Seems like their beta testing was incredibly poor at discovery/reporting.

Haha, well written man! I don't normally take the time to read longer posts but you had an interesting post unlike 99.99% of them which just repeat the same thing over and over in different wordings. I may of exaggerated it a bit with the Starship Troopers reference, but it really gets tiring seeing some of the same bugs that were around in beta. I cannot remember how many times I and others reported this skill freeze bug... it's still existing.

A large grouping of quests may have minor bugs that can be fixed but my frustration comes from the amount of workarounds required between 0-50. I get it, the game is a month old but that is no excuse for the lack of what it feels like effort in fixing these issues.

Looking at other titles of similar mega servers that do more than ESO (such as Planetside 2) I have never had near the amount of bothersome bugs.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

There is a jumble of items lumped together here under "bugs".  The quest glitches have rapidly improved and if you started a new toon now you'd encounter very few of them.  I've been running alts up and had no hitches at all; on my first run through closer to launch there were a few where I had to log in and out.  Combat does occasionally (perhaps once a session) become unresponsive, which is fixed by clicking the mail button twice for me (a fraction of a second.)  I'd call these nuisances, not fatal problems.  There were some zones (like Greenshade) that had serious problems, now fixed, and there were a few key advanced quests that were glitched (again, my understanding is that these are largely fixed.)  There were also some issues with group quests (Banished Cells was buggy early on; again fixed.)

In combat you have to wait for a move animation to finish before you can do something else - if you don't know how this works it can come across as a bug.  It's part of the combat design and makes sense once you get a feel for it - ESO uses a lot of visual combat cues rather than buttons that light up.

I think that they've been drastically overblown and haven't impacted me much at all.  This is far better than the WoW launch, where I was stuck in absurdly long login queues.  It may be that I don't use any addons - I suspect that these are the reason why some people seem to get a lot more problems than others. Addons can cause real trouble and that's not the problem of the base game.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    This is a situation where your mileage will definitely vary,but buy and large these bugs are not game breaking for the large majority of the player base.

Some folks definitely experience them to be sure, but chances are it won't be you, at least not to any significant degree.

I certainly didn't find it to be a bug filled mess, nor have any of my friends I game with.

Yeah I had a couple of friends in the Daggerfall that didn't really have persistent issues of bugs. I run a cliche Nightblade, dual wield build. I can play for an hour of just combat in a dungeon and experience the skill freeze issue that I described earlier a dozen times. Tends to have more with Rapid Strikes more than anything.

Beyond that I cannot count how many times I have had to do some sort of workaround for a quest to work. I stressed a lot of this during the beta phase which it seems their very limited amount of players being able to test beyond just a weekend weren't able to see all these bugs. A lot of these could of been avoided had they of done a traditional beta experience.

My guild is on DC, so perhaps that's one reason, it might be more stable than the other two factions.

Also, I suspect individual hardware is a contributor, the plan to make it run well on all ranges of computers might be working against them.

On my old gaming laptop, I had a lot of issues with falling through the world, 2-3 times a day on occasion, and over the weekend using my new, up to date gaming laptop I didn't fall through the world one time.

Also, I think some of the issues are related to what other activities you might be have previously completed or currently be involved in.  (Like, you are wearing crafted armor, and for some reason that's triggering the quest to not work for you)

Since Zenimax has clearly confirmed these are issues, and plan to fix, there's no doubt they exist for a signicant portion of the community.

One of the best I heard was a guildmate in the first week or so after launch who would jump and find himself launched in to the stratosphere, flying across the zone in some cases, only to die upon impact.  Only person I know of who had that problem, but it was real for him.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kraizykraizy Member UncommonPosts: 52
    when it goes f2p and its too late?:O
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Haven't had seen a bug since last week, it should only get better after 1.1

I'm sure some bugs are due to some conflict between your drivers/hardware and the game. Weapon swap and skills have never been bugged for me for example.

• VicDynamoVicDynamo Member Posts: 234

Bug fixes are ongoing and many of the original unplayable quests I found are now fixed and more fixes are coming.

and Starship Troopers had more bugs OP.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919

People react differently to bugs some have a high tolerance but others not so much.  When you're paying a sub though it behoves the company collecting the monthly subscription to work quickly to repair said bugs and issues and yes the person paying is entitled to complain. That is the whole point when one person talks about their experiences others telling them that it is nothing and  they are whiners and crybabies do nothing to improve how the one facing the bugs feels about the game and only entrenches them in their feelings. This is not the way to handle people having problems by telling them they are exaggerating or imagining or flat out lying. You're just making them more inclined to cancel their sub. 

Sure you can say go good riddance ,game does not need you and stuff. Lot of players from other games encouraged people to leave and then wonder why their game population dwindle over time. Stop belittling the problems others have because you happen to have a higher threshold for tolerance it makes no difference to the person experiencing the problems that you have a bug free game because they certainly do not.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    They're just playing a game of whack-a-mole right now.

Someone posts a claim that there are so many bugs that the game is unplayable.  My experience is utterly different; why shouldn't I say so?  The game is being regularly updated (6th patch today) and a lot of early issues have been resolved.  People who only experienced the game in beta are not reporting on the same experience that someone new would see.

People use addons; people have different hardware; there are different ISPs; and so on.  I don't doubt that some have problems, but I strongly dispute the claim that they are universal.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

The thing that I find silly about these bug threads is that there seems to be 2 kinds of posts. There is a very small minority of posts that express they've run into like 3 bugs in their entire play experience all the way up to VR5 or whatever and then there are the rest of the posts.

But then... Zenimax posts patch notes that shows they are trying to fix upwards of 20 bajillion bugs. These "personal experience" posts about nigh 0 bugs just don't sit right.

• ElElyonElElyon Member UncommonPosts: 219

The bug situation is really strange, it seems to be hit or miss with this. Some people get a huge amount of bugs, some of them stop main quest progression and I have even heard of some that prevent you from playing your character at all!

I have seen about 5 bugs so far, I am almost Veteran Rank 2 now. 4 of those bugs were fixed when I quit and restarted and one fixed a few days after I saw it.

I am getting the impression that the majority of people are like me and don't see many bugs and the few that do are just really loud about it. And they should be!

Another thing to note though is as you read through all the people getting mad over the bugs you will notice that a lot of them still want to play, they really want to get their accounts fixed so they can keep going. That says a lot about the game itself.

If the game sucked they wouldn't care about getting it fixed so they can keep playing, they would just shrug and move on.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by BeansnBread

The thing that I find silly about these bug threads is that there seems to be 2 kinds of posts. There is a very small minority of posts that express they've run into like 3 bugs in their entire play experience all the way up to VR5 or whatever and then there are the rest of the posts.

But then... Zenimax posts patch notes that shows they are trying to fix upwards of 20 bajillion bugs. These "personal experience" posts about nigh 0 bugs just don't sit right.

I noticed this myself.  

The test server notes don't lie, and clearly indicate that the people claiming the game is plagued with bugs aren't exaggerating.   

• NecropsieNecropsie Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by kitarad

Sure you can say go good riddance ,game does not need you and stuff. Lot of players from other games encouraged people to leave and then wonder why their game population dwindle over time.

Lets look at my signature and see what comes after this type of attitude.

(Hint: It is number 3.)

Stages of a new mmo: 1) It's just beta. It still has plenty of time before release. 2) It just launched. Give it time. WoW wasn't built in a day. 3) We don't need you anyway. 4) F2P announced. 5)Huge influx of players. 6) Look how much has changed. 7) Cash shop is the only thing developed lately. 8) It has been a long journey and we thank everyone who was part of it. Shutting down in 3 months. (Courtesy of Robokapp.)

• KinadoKinado Member Posts: 198

Games are all about gameplay and these bugs affect gameplay:

_Unresponsiveness of abilities, normal attacks and worst of all weapon swap is something that needs fixing really fast.

_The horse dismount bug is one of the most annoying bugs in the game, happens to me all the freaking tiiiiiiime.

_Certain skill abilities are completely ridiculous: _Bolt Escape (people that think this ability is fine are people that own a sorcerer and like to troll people with it or just get away of ANY dangerous situation) ; _Vampire Mist (I'm a vamp and I realize how OP this is specially because you are untargetable and your faction icon and HP bar disappear completely. ) ; _Vampire Bat Swarm ( an ultimate that makes you untargetable and invisible, by the time the ultimate is over you killed so many people that its ready to be used again, therefore a spammable and invicible ultimate). _All these abilities are spammable, even when carrying an elder scroll. _Shield bash interrupting ability animations therefore making abilities spammable with no interval in between. _AOE's overall are overpowered, people just spam impulse if they have to, zero skill required.

The main problem with ESO combat is that abilities don't have any kind of cooldowns, the only global cooldown they have is the time it takes for the animation of said ability to finish. There's no skill required to play this game, only strategic positioning because the skirmishes themselves are a sorry excuse of a fight and people die like flies since the number of people is huge in a fight and all abilities are spammable.

This game's pvp could be hugely enjoyable if fixed. Maybe one day. I don't see anything about the new patch that improves pvp besides increasing people's health pool and stats overall. 

In a few monthes or one year I believe ESO will be enjoyable. Not at the moment though, not for me.

Originally posted by Uhwop

I noticed this myself.  

The test server notes don't lie, and clearly indicate that the people claiming the game is plagued with bugs aren't exaggerating.   

That depends on what you mean by bugs.  If you mean "I have to log in and out to get a quest marker to work" - yep, there have been bugs, and if I look over the fix list they are almost all addressing problems of this type.  There is a much shorter list of problems that block progression, and as far as I know virtually all of these have been addressed (they were mostly higher level problems that hit people who leveled quickly.)  Minor glitches, like combat stalls etc. are real - and I suppose whether they bother you a lot or not is a matter of taste.  Major glitches - nope, haven't seen them; and they're not common.

• venatsvenats Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by ohioastro
    Originally posted by Uhwop

I noticed this myself.  

That depends on what you mean by bugs.  If you mean "I have to log in and out to get a quest marker to work" - yep, there have been bugs, and if I look over the fix list they are almost all addressing problems of this type.  There is a much shorter list of problems that block progression, and as far as I know virtually all of these have been addressed (they were mostly higher level problems that hit people who leveled quickly.)  Minor glitches, like combat stalls etc. are real - and I suppose whether they bother you a lot or not is a matter of taste.  Major glitches - nope, haven't seen them; and they're not common.

Combat not working is not a "minor" glitch anymore than your car brakes not working is a "minor glitch". This is an MMO, 99% of all activity is fighting dudes in funny hats, and with PvP being the only end-game this game even has aside from quest grinding your VR ranks, the combat not working is most definitely not a "minor glitch".

Also, quests stopped not working because sharding has died down considerably and the script breaking load has all but disappeared.... (along with many of the players).

• TimzillaTimzilla Member UncommonPosts: 437
    I haven't come across any bugs worth noting. Only lvl 39 though, so there's still time to find a way to hate eso.
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

Yo bros,

They have fixed the largest bugs I was experiencing already mostly around the bank so they are doing things.  I am in cold harbor and have 2 quests in my quest logs I can't finish and I pretty much do everything in a zone before moving on.  The game does have bugs but I wouldn't call it "plagued" by any means.

A bunch of good posts I have seen back there. Still a lot of split between the two sides despite what I think is being shown as a clear indicator of the bug count. I just want to be clear on one thing though if possible... I don't think I have posted anything that suggests it is in an unplayable stance. I have not exaggerated and I don't think any others here have either.

Our main concerns all seem to be consistent behind as one man a page or so back put it, we're paying AAA quality (15$ a month) for a product that came out in a beta stage. We shouldn't have to log out, hit escape, remount, etc from a bug that has existed since beta and has been reported countless times. Some of you may have no problem with this, maybe because your love of the game allows for your tolerance towards bad management to be higher.

• ElElyonElElyon Member UncommonPosts: 219

A bunch of good posts I have seen back there. Still a lot of split between the two sides despite what I think is being shown as a clear indicator of the bug count. I just want to be clear on one thing though if possible... I don't think I have posted anything that suggests it is in an unplayable stance. I have not exaggerated and I don't think any others here have either.

Our main concerns all seem to be consistent behind as one man a page or so back put it, we're paying AAA quality (15$ a month) for a product that came out in a beta stage. We shouldn't have to log out, hit escape, remount, etc from a bug that has existed since beta and has been reported countless times. Some of you may have no problem with this, maybe because your love of the game allows for your tolerance towards bad management to be higher.

The above red statement may be true for some but for me personally I am not being tolerant of the game in any way.

I have encountered around 4 or 5 bugs since my 5 day head start and I am almost at Veteran Rank 2. Most of the bugs were fixed by just restarting the game.

The bug situation is really weird, some people see them while others do not. I am one of the lucky ones. I am assuming its because of the megaserver, some of the servers may get bugged while others do not and I just happen to get on all the good ones.

To me this game is worth $15 a month for sure, with the amount of time I have put into this game so far my payment probably works out to be about 10 cents an hour :) Very cheap entertainment!

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

Let's just say that folks that don't have serious bugs are more likely to be the silent majority ....and if you don't have any personal experience in game it doesn't really sit right to pass opinion off as knowledge.

It appears bugged quests are a little more difficult to fix than just fixing  something that's broken ....having said that I'm sure if you're the 1 out of 50 that has a bug the experience isn't pleasant .

I personally have been able to do every quest 100% completion so far  ,no performance issues , no bank issues ,no payment or credit card issue and myself or anyone else I know nobody has been banned for being a bot or falling through the earth .

Originally posted by ElElyon

The above red statement may be true for some but for me personally I am not being tolerant of the game in any way.

I have encountered around 4 or 5 bugs since my 5 day head start and I am almost at Veteran Rank 2. Most of the bugs were fixed by just restarting the game.

The bug situation is really weird, some people see them while others do not. I am one of the lucky ones. I am assuming its because of the megaserver, some of the servers may get bugged while others do not and I just happen to get on all the good ones.

To me this game is worth $15 a month for sure, with the amount of time I have put into this game so far my payment probably works out to be about 10 cents an hour :) Very cheap entertainment!

You're lucky! Man, 4 or 5! No sarcasm at all, that's pretty dope for you man. I think you are right though. A majority if not all of the bugs I have experienced are from server sided issues such as invisible mobs, the skill freeze, etc. I was never a fan of this mega server non sense personally. I would of preferred the normal realm based system. 

Have to respectfully disagree on the 15$ a month though. Just given that our experiences are different.

Originally posted by Bad.dog

Let's just say that folks that don't have serious bugs are more likely to be the silent majority ....and if you don't have any personal experience in game it doesn't really sit right to pass opinion off as knowledge.

It appears bugged quests are a little more difficult to fix than just fixing  something that's broken ....having said that I'm sure if you're the 1 out of 50 that has a bug the experience isn't pleasant .

I personally have been able to do every quest 100% completion so far  ,no performance issues , no bank issues ,no payment or credit card issue and myself or anyone else I know nobody has been banned for being a bot or falling through the earth .

Now see, these posts I have issues with! You aren't being realistic, there is no way possible what you said is nothing beyond a bloated exaggeration. 1 out of 50 people? The statistic is probably the other way around my friend (if we're going off thrown out numbers). Bad displayed the patch notes for 1.1, if your statement was realistic those notes would not be that filled with fixes.

Again, i'm all for fan boys. But don't be the Playstation guy who is so in love with the product they pretend as if issues don't exist.