Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't login to Glyph?

ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
Everytime i try to login to the trion website or glyph now they call it I get a webpage unavailable.  I've made sure my password is correct, because before it was saying incorrect password and I changed it and no longer get that message. Anyone else not able to log in?

Played-Everything
Playing-LoL

Comments

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Chrisbox
    Everytime i try to login to the trion website or glyph now they call it I get a webpage unavailable.  I've made sure my password is correct, because before it was saying incorrect password and I changed it and no longer get that message. Anyone else not able to log in?

I just logged in fine.

There's a Glyph log directory located in your 

Users//appdata/local/Glyph/Logs - look at the latest log file by timestamp.

See what errors you see in there - it's a good starting point to figure out what's failing.

I don't have that file because I haven't downloaded the launcher. It's failing when i try to login to their website to go to my account and download.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• lilmark_utsalilmark_utsa Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Chrisb

I don't have that file because I haven't downloaded the launcher. It's failing when i try to login to their website to go to my account and download.  

Oh damn - contact support, you can do a live chat with them online 

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/list/c/46,2456

Have you tried resetting your password, are you still getting the webpage unavailable?

Trion has these anti-hack measures that blacklist IPs if there are too many failed attempts - happend to me once, I think it goes away after 30min or so.

You're still not understanding, but I do since we're having the same issue.  When we attempt to SIGN-IN through the site...it doesn't let us.  Talking to customer support with a live chat involves being able to log in to their site which we can't do.  We can't post on the forums either because....we can't log in.  This is the hardest we've ever had trying to spend $300. lol 

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

It may sound stupid, but have you tried from another browser? Other browser = other cache, cookies etc

Also try from another network (your mobile phone or something)

Originally posted by jazz.be

It may sound stupid, but have you tried from another browser? Other browser = other cache, cookies etc

Also try from another network (your mobile phone or something)

I've tried all that I could "think" of that may make a difference.

Tried Chrome, IE, FireFox, iPhone, iPad.

Tried removing my direct ethernet wire from the router and putting it directly to the modem, turned off Windows FireWall, Turned off Norton Anti-Virus and Firewall.

Other people we play with in MMO's have no problem logging in through the site.  They live in other states, so I don't know if it's my Service Provider or what.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

If someone can give you the IP address,you can try to ping it to see if your internet is actually able to get through to that IP?

I used to have a problem similar to that a long time ago and never figured out why,my only assumption was my IP was resetting the IP addresses because about an hour later everything was fine.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

If you tried your iphone's 3/4G connection than it's probably not your ISP.

Perhaps you should compare the url where it redirects you to (which you can't reach) with other people. 

You could eventually try to use a VPN to bypass all ISP related issues. But if it didn't work with your 3G connection it probably won't give you any positive results.

I don't have the game so that's all I can suggest, except to contact their support. Surely they must have included a way to get in touch with them in your confirmation mail or something.

Originally posted by Wizardry

If someone can give you the IP address,you can try to ping it to see if your internet is actually able to get through to that IP?

I used to have a problem similar to that a long time ago and never figured out why,my only assumption was my IP was resetting the IP addresses because about an hour later everything was fine.

When I click the Sign In button on their page....we can't even get to the page to put in our login/password.  We get a blnak page that says this... (this has gone on for 2 days)

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
        If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
        If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I tried pinging the website https://session.trionworlds.com/login and it can't find it.

So, I do NSLOOKUP and then put in the webiste again and it gives me...

66.152.109.110 and 69.16.143.110

When I try to ping those two IP address I get 4 lines that say the Request timed out.  Packets sent 4, received 0, lost 4 100%.

Perhaps you should compare the url where it redirects you to (which you can't reach) with other people. 

You could eventually try to use a VPN to bypass all ISP related issues. But if it didn't work with your 3G connection it probably won't give you any positive results.

I don't have the game so that's all I can suggest, except to contact their support. Surely they must have included a way to get in touch with them in your confirmation mail or something.

We don't have a confirmation email....we haven't bought it yet.

We're trying to buy the game right now, but this hiccup is preventing us from doing so.

Originally posted by lilmark_utsa

We're trying to buy the game right now, but this hiccup is preventing us from doing so.

Aah I thought it happens after you log on.

Well then it definitely looks like something on your side.

It's strange that you have it on all browsers and even stranger on your mobile devices as well. 

When you google that specific error it all seems related to Firefox, and indirectly to your network configuration (in Internet Explorer even).

Someone fixed it by using the reset feature in Internet Explorer, which seems to affect Firefox as well. And Chrome does use some IE stuff as well.

I was able to reach that url with no problem.

I forgot my iphone auto-conencts to my wireless router so it was using the same ISP as my PC's.

I turned off my router to force my iphone to connect with my 3g/4g and I was able to log in with my iphone. 

Originally posted by lilmark_utsa

Aah I thought it happens after you log on.

It's strange that you have it on all browsers and even stranger on your mobile devices as well. 

When you google that specific error it all seems related to Firefox, and indirectly to your network configuration (in Internet Explorer even).

Someone fixed it by using the reset feature in Internet Explorer, which seems to affect Firefox as well. And Chrome does use some IE stuff as well.

I was able to reach that url with no problem.

How do you find/use the reset feature in IE?

I don't know what kind of connection you have.

But you might want to try to shutdown the modem, unplug the power and let it rest for 5 minutes or so. These things often come with some memory and you want to get that cleared by unplugging it from power for a few minutes.

Or you could just reset it, but don't do it if you don't know what you're doing :-) Not sure what settings you have.

Quite reasy to reset: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/reset-internet-explorer-settings/

But if you had the same problem with your mobile devices on the same LAN then it's beyond your browsers on your PC.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

I think it is something on their side.

Just went to the site and signed in no problem.

@ OP: contact your service provider.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I think it is something on their side.

Just went to the site and signed in no problem.

@ OP: contact your service provider.

With his side I meant between his computer and the website. (PC, local network, ISP)