Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disappointment in gaming

2»

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by SEANMCAD
    Originally posted by Foomerang The big budget console games are becoming these amazing open world, beautifully rendered playgrounds. Unfortunately, the context we are given (aka the storyline and characters), are stuck in the dark ages. Lot of brilliant game concepts and design, dipped in dogshit.
    Ironic because I want less story more open world and game mechanics.

The triple A games are an empty sandbox, so a huge world filed with nothing in it to interact with really isnt an 'open world' so much.

Never the less, I see AAA games as interactive movies and I am usually not interested.

I blame Metal Gear Solid 2 and Max Payne lol

• I don't buy into hype anymore, but that doesn't prevent disappointment. Recent disappointments were Elder Scrolls Online, which I didn't buy based on beta, and Batman: Arkham Origins which I didn't buy based on reviews (I was already wary as it was a new developer making it rather than rocksteady.)

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    Originally posted by angerbeaver
    DayZ standalone is my only real regret. I think it was $30 or $40 but I logged maybe an hour in the game and decided I wasn't hardcore enough for it.

I've gotten about 600 hours in this game now. Definitely for the hardcore gamer with the full loot PvP and the realism of the game. IMO this is the best video game I have ever played and it is still in Alpha.

It is not for everyone though and that is a fact.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

I have a few rules i live by now when it comes to MMOs. it has saved me from dissapointment and has saved me money.

1. NEVER pre order a game without trying the beta.

2. NEVER buy a game period without trying the beta.

3. right after making your character if you see a npc with a big !  or ? above his head, uninstall.

4. within about 10 min of any beta you can tell right away if its going to be a wow clone, once you have that feeling go with your gut and uninstall. you know deep down its going to be the same trash that has been out for years just let it go and stop hopeing it will get better you know it wont.

5. Stop buying into hype and stop feeling the need to try every single new mmo coming out. YOU are the problem not the Developers, if you sheep would stop buying shit then they would stop making shit.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    the more its advertised the more likely its not any good

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• Ragnar1337Ragnar1337 Member CommonPosts: 70
    Twitch streamers have saved me a lot of money this year. I don't like watching dumb shit youtube reviews of edited gameplay but watching someone play an MMO for awhile gives me a good idea of what it is like. I won't buy any game until I see it first and play it myself if that is possible. I played the ESO and wildstar betas and I was just amazed and how tired and boring they were. As long as these developers keep making money off this trash we are going to keep getting more of the same.