Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO VS. GW2

Topic

Having played both games, I think GW2 is overall better in terms of environment, gameplay, graphics, and control.

Just my 2 cents.

Also, has no sub doesnt hurt either for GW2

Tbe Repopulation will be what SWTOR shouldve been.

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    My god you did not just write that. You are in for it.image
    Chamber of Chains
  • You stepped on a mine dude...

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by cheyane

I wish i had more time to know OP...he seemed like a good guy.

I hope he is with angels now.

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Kind of early for popcorn but............guess  ill pop some in  the microwave.
  • DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398

opinions, opinions.

Mine is different!

• ArdnutArdnut Member Posts: 188

given the hours shown playing wow on your profile, how can you seriously expect anyone to take your opinion about either game seriously?

btw, played gw2 and playing eso, having more fun in eso this last few weeks than i had in gw2 at start of that game. just my 2 pence worth (2p > 2c at current exchange rates)

i look this wrecked because i've got GIST.
    Whats your excuse?
    http://deadmanrambling.com/

Originally posted by Ardnut

given the hours shown playing wow on your profile, how can you seriously expect anyone to take your opinion about either game seriously?

btw, played gw2 and playing eso, having more fun in eso this last few weeks than i had in gw2 at start of that game. just my 2 pence worth (2p > 2c at current exchange rates)

So you mean anyone who has played WOW isn't qualified to give opinion on GW2 or ESO?

You sound less like a gamer and more like a cult member.

• DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424

For the hundreds in attedance.........

And for the thousands reading at home............

From the capital of the mmo genre....... MMORPG.COM............

Ladies and gentleman.....

LEEEEEEEEEEET'S

GET READY TO

RUUUUUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

nah, not joined any cult yet. but wow is not exactly a game i'd consider as a good qualification for making a judgement on any other game

btw, anyone know any decent cults against wow?, scientologists excluded, that's not a cult - they are a joke

Whats your excuse?

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by DonY81

opinions, opinions.

Mine is different!

:)

ESO > GW2 by a long way.

Originally posted by Ardnut

nah, not joined any cult yet. but wow is not exactly a game i'd consider as a good qualification for making a judgement on any other game

btw, anyone know any decent cults against wow?, scientologists excluded, that's not a cult - they are a joke

Yeah assuming that in your own narrow mind you believe that everyone only plays one MMO all their life. Aùmost everyone who has played MMOS has tried or played WOW atleast once. That is why i find this statement silly.

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

They'll be getting fat from all these popcorn posts.

Having played both and letting ESO sit unplayed for a bit I'd say ESO is the better game of the two though. What does better mean? I just prefer one over the other.

The questing is improved, crafting improved, improved WvW experience,map scale improved, skill choice improved and a longer progression to reach the endgame.

I think we have a winner but does it warrent a sub atm... maybe if you're a  massive fan of this type of game.

happily wow has never apealed to me. have friends who were so adicted one even had 6 accts. been playing mmo's since early asheron's call and these days all you seem to get in chat is someone come up and compare it to wow. but wow seems just to have simplified the world of mmos.

everyone has their own option of which game is their favourite. both gw2 and eso are games that will have their fans and detractors, enjoyed both games personaly but think eso is slightly ahead - once get rid of the bugs and farmers every game seems to have at launch

Whats your excuse?

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981

What is that OP's avatar? A trolling Hamster?

• NecropsieNecropsie Member UncommonPosts: 142

Bah this is not a popcorn thread.. Real popcorn thread will be a "WoW was the first mmo" thread.

Stages of a new mmo: 1) It's just beta. It still has plenty of time before release. 2) It just launched. Give it time. WoW wasn't built in a day. 3) We don't need you anyway. 4) F2P announced. 5)Huge influx of players. 6) Look how much has changed. 7) Cash shop is the only thing developed lately. 8) It has been a long journey and we thank everyone who was part of it. Shutting down in 3 months. (Courtesy of Robokapp.)

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

As a GW2 fan, I really don't like that you  posted this in the ESO sub forum, I mean yea it's good to express opinions but this is just going to cause SOME fans of both games to start bashing the games and even going as far to bashing each other.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Cost of playing GW2 since release = 60$

Need any more arguments ?

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

As a GW2 fan I readily agree.  BUT, look at gamers around here paying 150 to alpha test a f2p that is already out in some parts of the world!   Gamers are impulsive and will throw money at any game they want to play.   How does that old saying go:  A gamer and his money are soon parted?     

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

GW2 is a terrible MMO in nearly every conceivable way ....

ESO is worse...

Thats my 2 cents 

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Cost of playing ESO since release = 30$

Boom.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I own both games & i enjoy both.

They are, in my opinion, the BEST MMO´s released in the last  years.

imageimageimage

image imageimage

• tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

I wish i had more time to know OP...he seemed like a good guy.

I hope he is with angels now.

Hahahaha, thanks for my first morning laugh.

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407

If you actively play GW2 still, I GUARNTEE you've spent more than the entry fee.

• GravehillGravehill Member Posts: 95
    I'm not a fan of GW2 and I think ESO is not even in the same league as GW2 tbh. The only thing I would say that ESO has on guild wars is the fact that there are actual combat roles.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

No block button in GW2, it has combat from a past era. There are next to no skill choices in GW2 too.

Plus there are no factions in GW2!! Realm v Realm =/= Alliance v Alliance. I hate Nords and High Elves! 

gogo ESO!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
This discussion has been closed.