Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think Wildstar will gather the hatred that ESO has?

12345679»

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    It strikes me as being too similar to WOW to catch my attention.  I will keep an eye on it though.
  • ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

Thanks for bringing this game to my attention. From what I have read the game seems to be filled with content.

I am especially interested in player housing. I am sort of old now so I play casually.

Never thought I would see an Elder Scrolls game release without player housing.

Last mmo I bought was Mortal Online.  (what a ripoff)  I was gifted GW2  and Diablo 3. (did not enjoy either of them)

Guess I might take the plunge on this game if I like it after the 10 day trial.

• BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430
    don't think the haters will attack WS as much as ESO or GW2 because of the hype. Both ESO and GW2 had a hype that was huge and this usually draws the haters to these games. Look at wow 7-8 million strong players and it's still the most hated mmo out there :)
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by quixadhal
    Originally posted by Bruhza
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by ArcheAge2014

played wow for 4 years, i played the wildstar weekends beta. Its wow in space, and well its same graphics style as wow.

i think ill pass on this, if i wanted to play wow again it would have to be warlords of draenor and not wildstar. Theonly difference between this and wow is combat system, but its not enough for me. 

Get past level 20 and do your first dungeon you will eat them words. Try crafting? Housing? Warplots? This game is far from a WoW clone. 

Completely agree. Once I played my first dungeon I was pretty much sold on this game.

However, he is correct to some degree. Wildstar doesn't try to reinvent the entire wheel with some big-name IP. Instead it takes that wheel and makes it better. I think it is for the best that Wildstar doesn't have some huge following, it sets mmo's up for failure from the very start....oh...and a world of disappointment.

Well, surprise surprise... World of Warcraft also didn't try to reinvent much when they launched in 2004.  In fact, I remember that everyone was expecting Everquest 2 to be the awesome new MMO that everyone would play, with super-realistic graphics, a new anti-kill-stealing combat system, and a crazy in-depth crafting system.  Most people were thinking World of Warcraft would be fun and cute, but not a serious contender.

Fast forward 10 years.  The Elder Scrolls Online was expected to be the awesome new MMO that everyone would play, with super-realistic graphics, a new action combat system, and enough Skyrim to make everyone happy.  Most people were thinking Wildstar would be funa dn cute, but not a serious contender...

That .. made me smile ( in a good way ) and somehow, I kinda have the same feelings about WS. 

I've said it before and I will say it again:

I missed the WoW start when it launched ( with about 2 years ) but I will not miss this one.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Game looks horrible. No thanks. Have you seen the way it looks? Disney stuff looks like gritty reality compared to wildstar. Someone described jt best - crayon vomit.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    It strikes me as being too similar to WOW to catch my attention.  I will keep an eye on it though.

Trying to lure the raiders away from WoW with those cartoony graphics may prove to be this game's biggest mistake. Even if they're doing things better than WoW, it's quite possible it'll remain very much a niche game due to the graphics style.

WoW will just copy, or is already working on copying, the good stuff from Wildstar and that'll be pretty much it.

I hope they land a huge success with this game, not that it interests me much, but they're in the same waters as the really huge predator named WoW.

imageimage