Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes in housing system

ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 2,211

As you know, maybe :) the houses in BDO were open like all of the world. So in second beta they are not anymore. Now you can rent a house for faction points, and in fact you can rent more then one, because they are instanced. So every player in the game may have a house. I don't like that because it means less competition. So every house can be owned by many players, but everyone of them will see his own furniture in it.  Rents start from 1 fp, and went higher depends on what handicraft you can develop in the current house. You can take fps back, if you decide you don't need the house, but need them instead.

There are changes in the loot system concept too. Now players cannot drop items on dead, but they drop resources and enchantment stones, which are slotted on weapon /I'm not sure it may be a bug/. Seems like in L2, only the players with karma from PK will make a full drop.

Comments

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by ikcin

As you know, maybe :) the houses in BDO were open like all of the world. So in second beta they are not anymore. Now you can rent a house for faction points, and in fact you can rent more then one, because they are instanced. So every player in the game may have a house. I don't like that because it means less competition. So every house can be owned by many players, but everyone of them will see his own furniture in it.  Rents start from 1 fp, and went higher depends on what handicraft you can develop in the current house. You can take fps back, if you decide you don't need the house, but need them instead.

There are changes in the loot system concept too. Now players cannot drop items on dead, but they drop resources and enchantment stones, which are slotted on weapon /I'm not sure it may be a bug/. Seems like in L2, only the players with karma from PK will make a full drop.

Wait.. WTF are you talking about? Housing is instanced now? i thought it was open world apartment style housing. Filling towns with players and what not. If this is indeed true that housing will be instanced then thats a HUGE let down and will be a very large factor in if i buy this game or not. Not happy at all with this... If its true.

• ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 2,211
    You see the long hand of publisher, who wants more casual game for casual players. Which is very stupid in fact, but many companies still can't get it, to sell you need a target audience, not all the people in the world.
  • fhnw1988fhnw1988 Member Posts: 64
    You see the long hand of publisher, who wants more casual game for casual players. Which is very stupid in fact, but many companies still can't get it, to sell you need a target audience, not all the people in the world.

You dont get it- games are business. They are not interested in small money.

Sandbox is a niche market and for people who have way to much time. Those people wont spend money because they have that time. In the other hand - casuals want just to jump in and are morelikely spending money- then diehardcore nerds.

Look at Darkfall, Mortal Online- sandbox games with about 1000 players TOP. FOr a game that was in development over MANY years- thats a failure of achiechments in many ways. 

Originally posted by fhnw1988

Sandbox is a niche market and for people who have way to much time. Those people wont spend money because they have that time. In the other hand - casuals want just to jump in and are morelikely spending money- then diehardcore nerds.

Look at Darkfall, Mortal Online- sandbox games with about 1000 players TOP. FOr a game that was in development over MANY years- thats a failure of achiechments in many ways. 

Again nonsense. Do you know those people? No. Do you know what mass of audience want? No. If you do, show us the links to marketing surveys. Nobody in the world want to jump and spending money. The problem with casual player is, they don't know what they want, because they are casual players. So let say it simple, they want a cool game, but when they see something they don't understand, they ask dev to change it. And at the end of this path you have one more casual game. But casual players don't want casual games :) So if you are good in marketing you will not sell what people are asking for, but you will make people to ask for your product. That is what Blizzard do. WoW is a stupid game with outdated graphics, broken world, quest grind, which was something good before 10 years. But marketing still keep it on the edge.

• KirexyKirexy Member Posts: 21

May I have source pls?

If this is the case I'm pretty sad. 30% of the server population is just fine, thinking that you can share houses as well. It wont be that hard to obtain a house that way.

Bleh.

You say you have account for CBT2, so, go in any town and check the map options till you see black houses with "x" on them, then check houses till find one you can rent for 1 fp. There are links to other houses, so you can buy them and manufacture all kind of items for trade, which I think will ruin the game economics. Daum, the korean publisher seems like company of complete idiots, sry for that offensive expression, but they will break the game on pieces because they don't know how to make successful marketing. 
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023

so basically the game turns from the new sandbox hope into "yet another one of those asian themepark mmo's"... as if we didnt already have enough of those...

Usually if you bring a product into the market you think - hey what can we give the customers what no one else can - in mmo's its more like "hey how can we make our game like everyone elses".

Seems mmo's have become a standardized commodity...a real shame - there would have been a thousand better options - like the housing from archeage or the item threading from pathfinder online which benefits the themepark and the sandbox crowd...but well

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 867
    Originally posted by Nemesis7884

so basically the game turns from the new sandbox hope into "yet another one of those asian themepark mmo's"... as if we didnt already have enough of those...

Usually if you bring a product into the market you think - hey what can we give the customers what no one else can - in mmo's its more like "hey how can we make our game like everyone elses".

Seems mmo's have become a standardized commodity...a real shame - there would have been a thousand better options - like the housing from archeage or the item threading from pathfinder online which benefits the themepark and the sandbox crowd...but well

Not really

They already apologized and stated they will rethink this decision after the sh*tstorm they received from fans

The first reason with instanced housing was to enable more players to have that option,otherwise the price of a house had to be so big a normal player would probably never get the chance to have one (think Titan ships in eve)

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424

If there's a "sandboxy feature" players should definitely not be fighting for is housing. It's one of those quality of life features that most like. Open world housing isn't even something that can be fixed by pvp/pve servers.

A limited number of them would create an onslaught of player mess. As a PVP'er, give me something real, more interesting to fight for. 

Archage, because of this same issue, as to make patron status a pay element. So, if this info is indeed true, than thank god Pearl Abyss seems to finally get it.

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

Ill paint this picture for you.

There is a small group of people that enjoy traveling by train however, since it's not as popular as airlines or cruise ships it doesn't get alot of funding plus the trains that are currently on the tracks are very simplistic. A developer comes along with a new design for a train that is sleek and state of the art with on board 5 star dinning with a built in resting area. During the construction of the train the dev's state they are going to let all the bus people ride for half the cost and people with pets eat free as a promotion to show their kindness.  

Don't get me wrong I love charity and dogs and I get what the train developers are trying to do with the publicity but now when I (avid train commuter) travel there sit a bunch of people that just want to ride cheap and eat for free probably until all the content is gone. 

So you see, it's still small money...

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    Originally posted by Pigozz

Not really

They already apologized and stated they will rethink this decision after the sh*tstorm they received from fans

The first reason with instanced housing was to enable more players to have that option,otherwise the price of a house had to be so big a normal player would probably never get the chance to have one (think Titan ships in eve)

why? in archeage everyone can have a house? also, not everybody needs to be able to build a house - maybe only dedicated palyers can have a small house while only guilds can have bigger ones or fortresses? the world is huge - im sure they can fit space in for it...there are not THAT many players on a server...

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 867

Not really

why? in archeage everyone can have a house? also, not everybody needs to be able to build a house - maybe only dedicated palyers can have a small house while only guilds can have bigger ones or fortresses? the world is huge - im sure they can fit space in for it...there are not THAT many players on a server...

Im just interpreting what they stated

Anyway I think the best compromise is cheap instanced version of houses in cities and expensive noninstanced houses to be build anywhere, think of the instanced version as apartments ..

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• RylahRylah Member UncommonPosts: 194

How about you look at EvE? DFO and MOs problem is definitely not being a sandbox, but sloppy design and bad coding.

EvE is much more complex and unforgiving than those and much less casual friendly and still the number of paid accounts is growing  every year since 10 years.

So your argument is moot. There IS a market for compley sandbox games. Just not for the poor quality the fantasy type  candidates delivered until now.

Not really

Sounds nice. OK, but why to stop with houses? Let give to players everything. I suggest an epic weapon and gear for everyone, all skills, all crafting skills, let everyone can have everything and take it easy. Why we need competition? GW2 is the best game ever created :)

I will tell you why the dev shall not do that - if you make players to run for the prize, they will run, and some of them will run faster and will win, others will lose, but all will run. But if you give everything to players before the finish, they will stop running - they will stop playing your game. That is why there shall be limited number of houses in open world, to make players run for the prize. If there is no competition and nobody loses, noone can win in fact. I'm not a fast runner, I have not much free time, so maybe I will not be the winner in such a game. But I know what makes one game a good game, this is the pursuit of win.

• KirexyKirexy Member Posts: 21

Giving houses to everyone is like giving epic armour to everyone.

Sometimes, people just need to work for their stuff...