Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People Make me Laugh

pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

First off this game is fun and its a skyrim or es experience but with people. But all of a sudden people don't want people in there MMO.

People complaining Why are there so many people in the game why are there not enough people, why are they not banning accounts, why are they so strict with banning accounts.

Why are all the quests broken(they weren't and I never found one game breaking bug). For the record game breaking meaning I can no longer play the game at all. Just a couple broken quests here and there which considering not that bad for a relase.

People complaining about the worst launch ever. These people must of never of purchased a game before in there life yet alone an MMO.

Truth be told this is a fun game with one of the better crafting options I have seen in a while. I only wish they got rid of classes.

But it will eventually die for me because its a theme park. Once you are done with a zone there is little reason to ever return to it. Much like every other game. But so far the quests in the different pacts seem interesting so will probably do all three pacts.

This game is easily entertaining and worth the money, shame how many bitter people are out there who demand other there wishes and dreams be in every game for free.

Comments

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Overall I am pleased with the game. I enjoy the combat. The stories are great. There is a strong and satisfying exploration element to it.

There are bugs but not too many. I got hit by the disappearing bank slots and I have guildies that have run into a broken main story quest but both have been resolved. The problem is, that both were also very noticeable and could not be worked around easily. Small, ignorable bugs are fine but bugs that make you not want to play the game because you don't have enough room in the bank to store the materials you need for just one crafting profession is really not good. They need to get on top of problems like that a bit quicker. And they need to get rid of the botters, fast. They are driving people off.

Design wise, while I love the crafting system, it does have an overwhelming number of materials to keep track of. It would be nice to have a separate vault just for materials.

Again, I like the game but I fear that the few but spectacularly annoying bugs along with the botters infesting absolutely every public dungeon and camping its boss will drive away too much of the game's population and it will quickly become just another passing title. It is a really solid game but it has to retain this initial flood of customers.

All die, so die well.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Yeah OP, I have to agree, people are very funny when it comes to having other people in their game. They complain about phasing because they can't play with others, and then they complain about non-phased areas because other people ruin it.

People complained about GW1 being a lobby non-persistent world, but it seemed to solve this issue, maybe it's a model that can be adapted.

Also, I do really hope to see ZOS go back and add reasons to go back to lower level zones. I know it's a common issue in themeparks, but with all their phasing, they should be able to further phase the zones and give us evergreen content to return to.

Or perhaps it would be an ideal setting for housing? let people build houses in the world, but have it phased away from the lower levels so they can still enjoy their content without high levels running around.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by pmaura

First off this game is fun and its a skyrim or es experience but with people. But all of a sudden people don't want people in there MMO.

People complaining Why are there so many people in the game why are there not enough people, why are they not banning accounts, why are they so strict with banning accounts.

Why are all the quests broken(they weren't and I never found one game breaking bug). For the record game breaking meaning I can no longer play the game at all. Just a couple broken quests here and there which considering not that bad for a relase.

People complaining about the worst launch ever. These people must of never of purchased a game before in there life yet alone an MMO.

Truth be told this is a fun game with one of the better crafting options I have seen in a while. I only wish they got rid of classes.

But it will eventually die for me because its a theme park. Once you are done with a zone there is little reason to ever return to it. Much like every other game. But so far the quests in the different pacts seem interesting so will probably do all three pacts.

This game is easily entertaining and worth the money, shame how many bitter people are out there who demand other there wishes and dreams be in every game for free.

Oh no, it is a very fun game.  I agree.  However, to ignore all of the horrible design choices, marketing failures, Immersion killing choices, and the whole security problem that they had right after launch with missing bank slots, people logging into other accounts with their own credentials, etc etc etc... to ignore those things and shew them off as being minor, is truly stupid.  

I've been playing MMO's since UO.  This is NOT one of the better launches that I've experienced.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198

Yea, could not have said it better.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• AsariashaAsariasha Member UncommonPosts: 252

Agree to the OP.

@Rusque: Additional arcing storylines, sending the player to the low level zones would be an interesting option. Maybe additional quest givers and dungeons. There is a lot potential. But in the meantime there is still enough to do.

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

Been a good launch so far - few hiccups, few problems, some major, some minor.

Overall that stuff just fades from memory fast though if the company is on the ball, and ZOS are.

In under a month they've:

• Fixed almost all broken quests
    • Fixed the major issues going on (missing bank slots, progression blocking quests, security issues)
    • Made significant impact on botters and cheaters
    • Recognized design flaws and altered some choices accordingly. (aka dungeon farming)
    On top of that they're already rolling out a huge content patch in the next few weeks.

All this for a company that is brand new to the MMO industry? I think they've done great. It isn't one of the best launches I've been in, no, but I personally was willing to cut them some slack if they focused on turning changes around quickly; which they have.
  • lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

So you have the right to say it is a themepark and thus it will die for you but if others have issue with the game they are not allowed to post here?

I am confused. You have your own negative point with the game (it being a themepark) similarly others have issues with the game too.

Yes you didn't come across a lot of bugged out quests good for you. So how does that makes experince of others who faced many broken quests as less relevant?

I wish people would stop being so self centered. 'I didn't had x issue with the game so why are others having it' type of statements does no good for discussion.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Some good points here. Yes the game is very fun, I'm enjoying having responsive action combat for once, the quests are top notch, the crafting is great too. AvA is a godsend to the MMO genre imo.

But you are correct, eventually the ride will come to and end and the themepark will close. Just got to enjoy the coaster while you are able to :)

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

Some good points here. Yes the game is very fun, I'm enjoying having responsive action combat for once, the quests are top notch, the crafting is great too. AvA is a godsend to the MMO genre imo.

But you are correct, eventually the ride will come to and end and the themepark will close. Just got to enjoy the coaster while you are able to :)

Theme park you leave when the rides are over, sandbox you leave when there's no more sand to really explore, doesn't matter what type of game, some day, sometimes earlier than others, you decide to no longer play and move on to something else.

Right now I'm enjoying playing ESO, not likely to be a long term game but I can see it lasting a month or three at least.

Which is fine, other titles on the horizon that I will try, and in the meantime I'm keeping pretty busy in ESO.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon