Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not an MMO...

Obligatory.

But the game looks pretty interesting. Looks perfect for some tactical couch-gaming on the iPad, like Hearthstone. There's a Chul'hu-esque vibe to the stresses on the party's sanity which sounds like a cool twist on the traditional dungeon crawl. Looking forward to see this done.

Like the art style, too.

Comments

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Yeah, looks very good (hopefully FTL good). It seems to be somewhat similar to Luke Crane's TT Torchbearer game. Worth a look.
  • mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    They have nothing to write for weeks sometimes, that's why they are introducing single player rpgs.
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    well mmo site have to expand their coverage anyway...i think the golden mmo times are kinda over for now...maybe eqn might turn that but i dont think so...i say eqn will be the last traditional aaa western mmo for the next years...
  • DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Adapt or die.  MMOs are dying, RPGs and cRPGs are flourishing, especially ones that are challenging. Gotta go where the crowd is.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by Draemos
    Adapt or die.  MMOs are dying, RPGs and cRPGs are flourishing, especially ones that are challenging. Gotta go where the crowd is.

huh?  I play MMO's not single player games.  Or games that look like I could program them over the weekend.  Jesus, if this is what people are flocking to rather immersive 3d worlds, I question these former MMO players sanity.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

This is taking the RPG back to what they were in the mid 80's and through the 90's, before they kinda lost track on how to code and make decent games. OK yes its not brilliant to look at, but hey, its got something about it thats addictive right through to wanting to pull your hair out and scream.

Still in Early Access, so things will be improved, added and tweaked (alot), but give this one a chance. Yes its not an MMO, but it is a fun little single player RPG.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

I for one couldn't be happier to see independent developers and small studios flourishing in detriment of the giants that want to squeeze ever cent out of our gamer skin. For a time it looked mighty grim with EA/Ubisoft/etc coping the markets and forcing microtransactions even in single player games. 

Now with sites like Kickstarter and developers that give gamers what they want for a fair and flat amount of money things look much brighter. I for one could spit on every big budget AAA company as long as I see things like Divinity Original Sin, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, Torment: Tides of Numenera or Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall/Hong Kong being crowd-funded every year.

And Darkest Dungeon is simply another of those beautiful games that get my attention (and my money) because they deserve it. Because they make games for PC gamers, respond to feedback, and add much needed challenge to it.

Big companies who turn our beloved PC games into dull console adaptation 8-button mashers just to sell copies and milk the crowds can go sink in hell as far as I care. I don't need them any more.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     Great , Great game , "Indie game of the Year" will be the first of many awards and accolades Darkest Dungeon revceives ...
  • TE5LATE5LA Member UncommonPosts: 46

well mmo site have to expand their coverage anyway...i think the golden mmo times are kinda over for now...maybe eqn might turn that but i dont think so...i say eqn will be the last traditional aaa western mmo for the next years...

They should change their name if they're going to cover other games, especially ones like this crap. I come to an MMO website to look for MMO games.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited April 2017

TE5LA said:

They should change their name if they're going to cover other games, especially ones like this crap. I come to an MMO website to look for MMO games.

Epic thread necro.

1) We have covered RPGs for 4-5 years now because of cross-over interest. Not interested in RPGs, feel free to move on (though this year + old thread defies explanation LOL!); 

2) We have a new site and nearly all non-MMO coverage is being moved there. Again, since this is not fresh news but only a thread resurrection, it's a moot point.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

SBFord said:

TE5LA said:

Epic thread necro.

1) We have covered RPGs for 4-5 years now because of cross-over interest. Not interested in RPGs, feel free to move on (though this year + old thread defies explanation LOL!); 

2) We have a new site and nearly all non-MMO coverage is being moved there. Again, since this is not fresh news but only a thread resurrection, it's a moot point.

Whats the new site?
This discussion has been closed.