Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

first experience in pvp, not great (sorc spell probs)

adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

The first thing that sucked was how quickly I died... repeatedly. 

The second thing was how ineffective I was.  I killed 0 people.

The third was that even while several allies were around me, one guy was allowed to beat me to death as I healed myself with restoration staff powers, and I think I was healed by other players (not on purpose but just how those abilities work).  But it didn't matter.  One guy, ONE GUY was able to melee the crap out of me through heals.

Here's what that's sucky.  I'm armored the f out.  My health recovery is also overcharged.  Most of my gear is increase max health and half my attribute points have been put there.

For some of the fights I had my 1-hand + shield out, which was even worse, because I was useless from range, and stepping withing 10 meters of a player was a death sentence.

IF YOU AREN'T GETTING WHAT I'M SAYING, I'M BUILT TO BE AS DURABLE AS POSSIBLE. But despite this, fights where an enemy engaged me lasted a max of 12 seconds, and as short as 3.  I don't really find that fun.

I'm level 25.  I don't really know how the boosting works, except that my spell resist was overcharged without having to use my buff (I'm breton). 

As for sorc specific problems, my storm calling buff (thunder whatever) was not buffing at all.  It literally had no effect on my stats while in Cyrodiil.    I assume this is a bug, but I don't see how I can participate without it at my level.  It may be why I got f'd in the A over and over, or it could be that this game's PvP is horribly flawed in how quickly players are killed.... though anyone I attacked seemed mostly impervious to my damage.

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I'm curious to see an answer to this, as I'm a level 15 and will be PvPing soon.

I really hope the leveling balance is OK.  In other words 25 vs. 50......or  15 vs. 50

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by delete5230

I'm curious to see an answer to this, as I'm a level 15 and will be PvPing soon.

I really hope the leveling balance is OK.  In other words 25 vs. 50......or  15 vs. 50

Well no, it isn't balanced that way.

A level 49 player will be better than a level 10 player despite the fact that they both have their stats capped at bolstered maximum (everyone 10-49 does.) The 49 will be better than the 10 simply because they have unlocked and trained up some of the skills that are farther down the skill line list that get unlocked later and are typically better than the early ones.

Then any player who is level 50+ (a.k.a. Veteran Ranks 1 - 10) does not have their stats bolstered or messed with in any way. They will be very tough, if not impossible, for any 10-49 bolstered player to take on 1 on 1.

This is why many PVPers race to 50... if you want to PVP before you get to 50, now that there are a lot of players whop are 50+. you should be very careful who you mess with. You can tell their true level when you target them.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    What does veteran level do besides gaining an additional stat point ?
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by delete5230

Well no, it isn't balanced that way.

A level 49 player will be better than a level 10 player despite the fact that they both have their stats capped at bolstered maximum (everyone 10-49 does.) The 49 will be better than the 10 simply because they have unlocked and trained up some of the skills that are farther down the skill line list that get unlocked later and are typically better than the early ones.

Then any player who is level 50+ (a.k.a. Veteran Ranks 1 - 10) does not have their stats bolstered or messed with in any way. They will be very tough, if not impossible, for any 10-49 bolstered player to take on 1 on 1.

This is why many PVPers race to 50... if you want to PVP before you get to 50, now that there are a lot of players whop are 50+. you should be very careful who you mess with. You can tell their true level when you target them.

Well that sucks :(

Thanks for at answer :)

• LeluuLeluu Member UncommonPosts: 11

Veteran ranks let you use better equipment.

Example:

Level 50/VR1 Weapon 100 damage

VR10 Weapon 150 damage

The same of course for all other stats on armor (and it's a lot more useful to improve your gear on VR10 to legendary as you'll wear it longer probably so gear will even be better)

So even with level 50 you don't really have a chance against higher VR players.

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482

your true lvl is lvl 25 ..yes even if your under lvl it boots you up to scale at lvl 50

a true lvl 50 is a TRUE  lvl 50 with better  skill set n powers..so yea a true lvl 50 or a few that were tapping you are gonna mow u down like swiss cheese

• KeldienKeldien Member UncommonPosts: 119

It's already been said, but to recap how bolster works:

Levels 1 through 49 are the EXACT same.  There is zero difference beyond skill points.  Your gear means nothing - if you wear heavy armor, it means nothing; wearing blues compared to whites means nothing.  The only thing from 1 - 49 that matters are set bonuses, weapon enchants, and passive skills.

From 1 to 49 you have normalized stats - most people would tell you these stats are good for absolutely nothing, and they are correct; they are a jack of all trades stat allotment.  From levels 39 to 49 you will likely have better stats in PvE and the bolster will actually gimp you significantly compared to your normal stats.  Another thing to note: your stat allocation does nothing while bolstered - this means that you can have 48 points in Health from leveling, and you will have the same amount of HP as a level 10 with all of their ranks in stamina; likewise, that stamina increase means nothing.

At level 50, Veteran Rank 1, this bolstering goes away and you use your normal stats.  For example, a bolstered character has between 700 to 800 armor depending on passives and set bonuses, regardless of what kind of armor you wear, while a VR1 character with heavy armor will have 1600+ armor.

So what does that all mean?  It means that you aren't going to 1v1 a VR1+ character before you, yourself, are VR1+ unless they are VERY bad or you are VERY good.  It also means that levels don't mean a thing, and you shouldn't at all be surprised to see a level 10 demolish a level 49.  Further, it means that wearing heavy armor is only going to help you a little if you have the passives for it; it WON'T give you more survivability, unfortunately.

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Originally posted by cura
    Originally posted by BurntCabbage

your true lvl is lvl 25 ..yes even if your under lvl it boots you up to scale at lvl 50

a true lvl 50 is a TRUE  lvl 50 with better  skill set n powers..so yea a true lvl 50 or a few that were tapping you are gonna mow u down like swiss cheese

I hope they will introduce separate lvl 10-49 campaigns. There are so many vr1+ players already that its no longer funny for player who dont rush to max level. Cyrodill was fun in beta but now i found it to be rather disheartening experience.

ya a  lower exp. players 10-49 lobby would be great ..then stuff all the vr+'s in their own lobby theres soo many of them now